News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Portal Management PortaMx v1.54 ecl for SMF 2 (updated)

Started by feline, October 07, 2008, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derelicta

I like this portal, it works very well, no problems, but one issue annoyed me, the double login on the frontpage.

In the login page normally people see the smf log window in the center, that takes to the forum, I want user to go to the frontpage but this is possible only from the upper portamx menu.

Does anyone know if it's possible to direct always users to the front page even with the smf log in, or just delete it to use the portamx access menu?

mmmhh, is it clear? Any possible way to log in always to the frontpage and not to the forum.

Thank you.

feline

I can login at any place. The login is always redirect to the frontpage (if one exist and visible for the membergroup).

Fel

mseraphim

Feline,

I think I have a big problem.  I installed the latest release PortaMx_0971.zip a few minutes ago, but instead of it redirecting to the admin section all I see is a blank screen.  All pages of my site just shows nothing.  Please check it out at www.wirelesshotspot.co.za

Is there anything that I'm doing wrong?  All the files tested successfully, and seemed to have installed fine, and it even gave me the page before redirecting, but now just nothing shows up in my site.

Could you please be of some assistance?

Currently Using SMF version 2.0 RC2 with the PortaMx_0971.zip and default theme.

I think this is a fantastic mod and would love to make use of it on my site!

Thanks in advance,

mseraphim

mseraphim

What I don't understand is that I installed it on my local testing server using WAMP and it worked perfectly fine. But for the life of it I can't seem to get my site back online.

ANY HELP PLEASE???

feline

I think, that the modifications don't worked correct at your server, or files/directories for PortaMx are missing or not correct installed.
If you need more help, please register at the PortaMx support side and send me a PM with as Admin and ftp account for your server,

Fel

mseraphim

Thanks, I will register there, just need to install smf on my server from scratch and then I'll PM you.

Thanks again

wladymeer

Not sure if this issue had been already reported but it seems that I cannot use Show or Hide the block on action and Show or Hide the block on board filters at the same time.

When I try to do such thing, that block is not shown at all as result. I wanted to show it on specific boards on forum + frontpage. I know I can override it by making clone block and show it just on frontpage but maybe you should check this out or at least insert frontpage as an option inside Show or Hide the block on board filter ;)

Cheers.

feline

I don't know your settings .. But if I choice "frontpage" and "forum' for actions and one ore more Boards, the block is shown on frontpage, Boardindex and each action on the board.
You use the version 0.971?
Can you post your block settings?

Fel

wladymeer

I'm using 0.961-1 as I'm using RC1.2 at the moment. Is 0.971 just for RC2 or it would work for RC1.2 as well?

I was trying to show in both specific boards and frontpage were script and HTML type of blocks.

feline

v0.971 is for SMF 2 RC2 public and works not with older versions of SMF.
But .. you can upgrade your Forum to RC2 public .. more informations you find on our support side.
And yes, the 0.061 have a bug in the dynamic visibility options...

Fel

uk2us88

any way to turn this off and on? kinda like a disable until I can get the layout correct?

Antechinus

How are you going to tell if the layout is correct when you have it switched off? :)

You can set blocks to admin view only on the block creation page, if that is what you mean.

uk2us88

yeah I just want to wait to turn it "on "until I am ready to release it.

Powerbob

Quote from: Antechinus on November 20, 2009, 01:45:19 AM
How are you going to tell if the layout is correct when you have it switched off? :)

You can set blocks to admin view only on the block creation page, if that is what you mean.

Doing it this way allows you to control the layout without allowing access for your members! 8)

My SMF 2.1 Beta test site; http://www.pplb.net/smf21/index.php

donelson

Tried to install PortaMx, but kept getting mod errors for the file Display.php

When I installed, then tried to manually fix the Display.php file, I encountered this error in your Manual update instructions;

Mismatched code?
Mac dual G5, OSX 10.4.11 - SMF 2.0 RC2

donelson

PortaMx control panels seem to be working now, but my Ads code does not seem to be running.

Can I purchase help here?

Thanks.

feline

I have tested the ads mod, but on my system I have no error on the Display.php ..
which version you use?

Tested on SMF 2.0 RC2 public, PortaMx v0.971 and Ad Managment 2.3.5
But I see a lot of other errors on install this mod on a unchanged RC2 public  :o

Fel

donelson

Quote from: feline on November 21, 2009, 11:13:03 AM
I have tested the ads mod, but on my system I have no error on the Display.php ..
which version you use?

Tested on SMF 2.0 RC2 public, PortaMx v0.971 and Ad Managment 2.3.5
But I see a lot of other errors on install this mod on a unchanged RC2 public  :o

Fel

Hmmm since I was a charter member, I may have a not-so-exact 2-RC2, perhaps?

That slight mismatch line is why the installer did not fix the Display.php file.

Anyway, could you please post Very simple steps for me to set up a text Text line in the header?

Thanks

feline

Quote from: donelson on November 21, 2009, 05:49:31 PM
Hmmm since I was a charter member, I may have a not-so-exact 2-RC2, perhaps?
Smf 2.0 rc2 public is available on download area. It's time to update  ;)

Quote from: donelson
Anyway, could you please post Very simple steps for me to set up a text Text line in the header?
What you mean with "text lines in the header" ?

Fel

Powerbob

That is a question for smf support, so why ask here??

AS a charter member you were informed to upgrade to the public version,
if you don't follow advice no wonder you encounter problems!

My SMF 2.1 Beta test site; http://www.pplb.net/smf21/index.php

Advertisement: