News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Portal Management PortaMx v1.54 ecl for SMF 2 (updated)

Started by feline, October 07, 2008, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anidea

As the owner of a brand-new kitty cat (and he's sooooo feline, too!), I have to say I want to go with PortaMX!!!!  lol

ok, more seriously: Last nite I successfully installed PortaMX and liked it...but my main reason for wanting a portal is for having a more-integrated shoutbox for the forum.  I've read all over SMF that PortaMX has a shoutbox, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to make it show up?

Currently we're using AjaxChat, which is okay, but like I said, we really need something more integrated (ie. permissions, warning system, and smilies).  After being somewhat unsuccessful figuring out PortaMX's shoutbox, I installed SimplePortal, and was able to enable the shoutbox, but unlike AjaxChat, the SimplePortal shoutbox either has problems with IE7 or with my firewall at work...so it's not much help to me if I can't chat at all lol (everyone else can chat on it, I've posted on SP's site to find out if it's a javascript thing or what but still waiting to hear).

Anyway, I'm thinking about trying PortaMX again.  Bottom line, our site is bilingual and it seems PortaMX is better suited for that?  But can someone explain to me how to get the shoutbox to show?

TIA!

Cecilia (and Sammy the Kitten)

feline

Simple go the the block manager, add a new block on a panel of your choice (click on the icon top right on the panel bar). Now you see the blocks manager with a default block. Open the dropdown top rihht to select a blocktyp ... your choice is the shoutbox. Fill in the setting, save and enable the block in the overview screen.
That's all ...

Fel

anidea

Thanks, Fel!

PortaMx looks nice...I got the shoutbox up...how do I get the emoticons/smilies to be the same ones used in the forum?  Or is that not possible?

feline

that is currently not possible... planned for the next update.

Fel

anidea

Cool.  One more question: Is there a place to set the time on the shoutbox?  It seems like it's set to a random time.  I thought it would've picked up from the forum/user's profile, but it's not that, it's not local PC time, not really sure where it's coming from.

The members also prefer the AjaxChat--probably because it's not a shoutbox but a chat, even though we called it that, so they're a little spoiled ;).  I'm thinking of maybe still using that instead of shoutbox, but is there a way to have it display in a PortaMX box?  My big problem with AjaxChat is that it's just out there, so anybody could post on it, but maybe if it were in a box, it would be a bit more protected?

Thanks!

feline

The time and date in the shoutbox is the forum time (same as in postings).
And I don't known ajaxchat, so I can't nothing say to that...

Fel

anidea

Quote from: feline on August 29, 2010, 01:54:00 PM
The time and date in the shoutbox is the forum time (same as in postings).

On our forum, it isn't.  When I shouted at 9am-ish this morning, the shoutbox said 1am-ish...even the minutes were off a weird amount.

feline

You have a time offset set in you profile ?

Fel

anidea

Quote from: feline on August 31, 2010, 01:14:31 PM
You have a time offset set in you profile ?

Fel
No.  But even if I did, that would explain hours but not minutes different.

feline

Try follow...
Find in the file /Sources/PortaMx/Class/shoutbox.php around line 430

echo '
                    </div>
                    <div style="padding:0px 1px 10px 1px;">
                        '. timeformat($data['time'], true, 'forum') .'<br />
                        '. $data['post'] .'
                    </div>
                </div>';

Relace with:

echo '
                    </div>
                    <div style="padding:0px 1px 10px 1px;">
                        '. timeformat($data['time']) .'<br />
                        '. $data['post'] .'
                    </div>
                </div>';

Fel

anidea

Hi Fel,

Thanks for the code, but I haven't tried it yet.  The members prefered the Ajax Chat chatbox over the shoutbox...so unless it gets to be a problem, I decided to just leave it.

BUT we have a bigger problem.  I love having the portal, it makes a lot of things more convenient, but it seems that since I installed it we've developed a strange "flickering" problem.  It seems to happen when quoting someone's post, the reply box flickers back and forth, making typing really difficult.  I don't see it much in Chrome or Firefox, but I see it a lot in Internet Explorer (which you know most people use anyway, unfortunately).  I'm guessing maybe there's an HTML compatibility in there?  Something to do with the size of the box?  If I take the portal away, the problem goes away (or seems to).

Has anyone else experienced the flickering problem?  I know the best solution is probably to not use IE, but in some case, members have no choice.

Ceci  :)

Kindred

it is an ie8 bug which affects SMF...   turn ON compatibility mode.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pjn

how can i get the portalMx theme?
like this:

in the portalmx can i see sample for articles?
http://portamx.com/

thanx!!!
Quick Portal - Free hosting & portal & forums system

Many designs + many extras + server = FREE!

Ask from us your free web now:
http://qp-free.com/index.php/board,2.0.html

feline

First ...  the Theme we use is a customer theme and only designed for our Support site.
And yes, for the Block In Block samples you can see the source code by click on the source code tab if you registered.

Fel

anidea

Quote from: Kindred on September 13, 2010, 04:43:50 PM
it is an ie8 bug which affects SMF...   turn ON compatibility mode.

Whew!  At least it's a known thing...but where do I find compatibility mode?  And, I'm using IE7 and having this problem, so if it's IE8 only, then it's not the same problem???

Thanks!  :)

feline

Quote from: anidea on September 13, 2010, 04:41:02 PM
Has anyone else experienced the flickering problem?  I know the best solution is probably to not use IE, but in some case, members have no choice.
I'm not sure that I understand what you mean .. you have a link for me?
The Portal works normaly with all browser without any problem ...

Fel

BRiNGiTT

Please...I want to add Premiumbeat as a block since it supports PHP Block....

Besides that how can I also edit the frontpage to fit my own text......

Thanks...
I dnt see what has been done; I only see what remains to be done

feline

You can place any Block on the frontpage ...

Fel

BRiNGiTT

But plss..Premiumbeat is not in the list of my blocks.....

Further explanation will be appreciated...Thnks....
I dnt see what has been done; I only see what remains to be done

feline

ehh .. what is "Premiumbeat"? I don't known that.

Fel

Advertisement: