News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Switched to SMF from Snitz, some comments

Started by dno, October 08, 2008, 05:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dno

What I like about SQLyog is the ability to migrate data from a MS SQL database which works great. I think I had something from mySQL before which had much of the same functionality but did not let me migrate from one database to the other. At least not that I could recall, looking for the solution led me to SQLyog. I liked Enterprise manager so any tool that had that functionality was bound to be something I would like. Now I find myself using mySQL far more than MS SQL as I'm migrating more and more of my projects from MS Sql, the mySQL tools are becoming more and more valuable to me. Deprecated brought up PHPmyadmin, I certainly would not wish to diminish the importance of that tool either, it saved me a number of times over the past few years.
My Forums:
PopUp Explorer [nofollow]
Hybrid Explorer [nofollow]
RV Itch [nofollow]

青山 素子

Quote from: dno on October 11, 2008, 02:30:39 PM
What I like about SQLyog is the ability to migrate data from a MS SQL database which works great. I think I had something from mySQL before which had much of the same functionality but did not let me migrate from one database to the other. At least not that I could recall, looking for the solution led me to SQLyog.

This is going a bit off-topic, I might pull these into a new topic later today.

Anyway, my usual process when I have to migrate is to install the ODBC connector and then use the Export function in Enterprise Manager (or Management Studio now) to move across. It usually works very well.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

godboko

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/active.asp

Just encase anyone needs another example of the active topics.

Looked at your forum, I will admit that its odd that I can't see the time a post was created. Can't say I know what the problem is though.
Thank you,
Robert aka godboko

dno

Quote from: godboko on October 11, 2008, 07:10:23 PM
http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/active.asp [nofollow]

Just encase anyone needs another example of the active topics.

Looked at your forum, I will admit that its odd that I can't see the time a post was created. Can't say I know what the problem is though.

This is the same software we were using before we switched to SMF, I wonder what other forums do for this kind of thing. I never gave it much thought until the members started complaining they missed it. My focus was a ton of other things I was looking for.
My Forums:
PopUp Explorer [nofollow]
Hybrid Explorer [nofollow]
RV Itch [nofollow]

Antechinus

Dno,you might want to look at running an integrated portal for your forum. Something like Tiny Portal will let you display the recent posts listing in a side column. I use this on the site I run and it's more convenient then having them hiding at the bottom of the page IMO.

Advertisement: