Advertisement:

Author Topic: Green Flowers  (Read 15414 times)

Offline nikki73

Re: Green Flowers
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 09:38:43 AM »
Yea i get ya, thanks for that  :-*

Offline Tamuril

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 09:32:54 AM »
The one thing I'm not so sure of is the use of image buttons for the menu.

Thanks to everyone for the comments. Sorry about the difficulty with the image buttons in the nav bar.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 10:28:52 AM by Tamuril »

Offline Tamuril

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010, 09:36:45 AM »
This is a beautiful theme!   My favorite of the 2.0 themes so far.
I have one question about private messages.  On this particular theme, I am unable to see if I have a new private message.
I know that it gives you a pop-up alert, but what about in the top right of the forum, where it tells you that you have a new pm?

Thanks for the compliment. Also, if I disabled that, it must have been by accident... I have no reason to not include the private message text at the top. I'll look into this tomorrow.

Offline Antechinus

• SMF Friend
  • SMF Super Hero
  • Master of BBC Abuse
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2010, 06:48:35 PM »
Code for it is here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=402583.msg2809220#msg2809220 ;)

2.0 default doesn't actually include that text in the header any more so that's probably how you lost it.

Regarding buttons: may I suggest letting people have a basic button psd so they can do their own buttons? You wouldn't have to release the whole theme psd and anyone could handle the required css additions just by looking at the existing examples.

Offline Tamuril

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 10:34:36 AM »
Thanks, Antechinus!

I have decided that I'm going to continue using images for the buttons in my themes. It is part of my individual style. However, I will be careful to include all of the standard buttons in the future... I will also watch the threads a little more closely to make sure that theme standards are functioning properly (such as the PM text, etc.)

Offline The Back Fence

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 02:37:06 PM »
Any updates on adding a calendar button?

Offline Obsydian

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2018, 03:31:09 PM »
Is there a way to transform these buttons into actual text links while looking similar?
My forum wants to grow, but in order to do that, I can't have missing buttons.

Offline Antechinus

• SMF Friend
  • SMF Super Hero
  • Master of BBC Abuse
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2018, 03:16:09 AM »
Yes, it's possible. The short description is you would remove Tamuril's custom menu coding and substitute your own to get that result. It's not particularly difficult if you know some CSS. Are you any good at CSS, or do you need the whole thing done for you?

Just be aware that this theme was coded for SMF 2.0 RC3 (ie: not the final, stable version of 2.0) and it's possible there may be a few funny bits.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 04:05:22 AM by Antechinus »