News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Board Notes

Started by codenaught, June 24, 2005, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

codenaught

Hello all, long time no see.

I uploaded BoardNotes1.0.8_for_SMF2.0Final.zip which should work for SMF 2.0 Final (and probably at least RC5, although untested).

Please let me know if you have any issues. :)
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Tom_pillibi

Hello,

This mod is surely great and perhaps fill my need :)
Does this mod can display video (from youtube or from my website) with embeded html codes in the text ?

Thank you for answering :)

MrMike

I tried installing this on SMF 2.0.1 and although it claimed to install without any warnings, the textarea for the board notes didn't show up in the Modify Boards page (tested both the default theme and the Silent Wave theme).

That is, there was no place to enter the board notes in the modify boards screen.

Uninstalling threw up a ton of errors (??) but it did appear to uninstall correctly.

Is there a fix for this, or am I doing something wrong?

Xarcell

Does php work in the textarea? If not, how an I make it handle php?

Kimmie

Anyone have this installed and working on 2.0.2?

codenaught

Quote from: Xarcell on January 29, 2012, 09:54:40 AM
Little late on this  ;), but in case you get this and still want to know or someone else wants to know, you can look into using eval (http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.eval.php). But only use this solution if you can trust anyone who can create and modify boards on your forum. Also look out for parse errors if you try to get the notes to work using eval. If a parse error comes up, then you can backtrack to the admin panel and remove the board note that caused the problem.

Quote from: Kimmie on November 15, 2012, 02:59:31 PM
If you run this mod through the package manager and there were no errors reported with the test installation process, then it is generally safe to proceed with installing the mod. If you are having problems, I can work at updating this mod so it does work with 2.0.2.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Kimmie

Quote from: codenaught on November 15, 2012, 06:21:00 PM
Quote from: Xarcell on January 29, 2012, 09:54:40 AM
Little late on this  ;), but in case you get this and still want to know or someone else wants to know, you can look into using eval (http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.eval.php). But only use this solution if you can trust anyone who can create and modify boards on your forum. Also look out for parse errors if you try to get the notes to work using eval. If a parse error comes up, then you can backtrack to the admin panel and remove the board note that caused the problem.

Quote from: Kimmie on November 15, 2012, 02:59:31 PM
If you run this mod through the package manager and there were no errors reported with the test installation process, then it is generally safe to proceed with installing the mod. If you are having problems, I can work at updating this mod so it does work with 2.0.2.

THanks, yeah I already know about installing and having manually manipulate files if need be. I generally like to come see if anyone has had any problems before installing any mod.

I would say updating it for 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 would probably be a good idea anyways.

Steve

Where the heck is the css file for 1.0.8 (I'm using it on 2.0.19) so I can change the background to transparent??

I'll be dipped if I can find it.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Arantor

It adds it to the end of the theme's index.css file. Here's what it adds:

.board_rules
{
background-color: #ECEDF3;
margin-bottom: 2px;
border: 1px solid #ADADAD;
padding: 6px;
margin-bottom: 5px;
margin-top: 5px;