SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecoo1est

Quote from: imburner on July 18, 2011, 09:57:24 PM
What would be the reason the shout box is only showing to me the admin and not to normal users?
My mods below.. all on 1.1.14

1.     Pretty URLs    1.0RC5.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.    Peoplesign    1.5    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Stop Spammer    2.3.9    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    Aeva Media    1.4w    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    SMFPacks Shoutbox    1.0.3
Im sure you probably just need to go to admin>permissions> click on modify for regular members and check the 2 checkboxs for shoutbox, view and post

imburner

scimmiotto

a little bug. if u log on the first time on forum, u cannot send chat messages unitil u see one post.
Loop code example:
The following statement is FALSE
The previous statement is TRUE.

thecoo1est

Quote from: thecoo1est on July 18, 2011, 01:08:05 AM
Hello, I would like to say first this shout box is awesome and the absolute best available for smf in my opinion and I thank you for your hard work.

I have a couple questions and request if at all possible.

1) I would like to size the text input box down about half the size now.

2) Move the bb code icons over with it and move everything up beside the update/popup/moderation links.

3) If thats possible I would also like to make the messages flow from up to down instead of down to up.

4) Also is there a way to make the open popup window display a larger version of chat, for example if my chat on index is 120px height, could the open popup be 500px height and display more messages, or atleast display the max messages set to keep in shout, or if its possible to lock this to a page designated for a chat would be even more awesome.?

5) Is it possible to give the user the option to edit their own chat, and make it refresh when the auto refresh kicks in, so it changes for everyones view.

6) Lastly, which isnt a huge issue but is something often requested on my forum, is it possible to lock the user selected text color so they dont have to choose a color every time they log in, or reopen browser after theyve closed it, any way to cache it from the previous selection they made?

Again any help with any off this would be wonderful, I dont want to sound un greatful because Im not, I would just enjoy modifying it a little. Im not afraid to move stuff around in a php or script file but I have no idea what to look for or where to start as Im not a programmer, but with a point in the direction and maybe a few instructions Im not afraid to experiment, Thanks again for this great mod.

Okay number 3 is handled, Im sure I can move the text box around and resize it, however I have no idea what file needs to be modifyed? Can anyone shed some light on this, I can bring up the source through google chrome and it lets you edit as html and preview, of course its not permanent, but I see no html file in the chat box files?

nCogNeato

Quote from: Nibogo on July 04, 2011, 01:09:29 PM
Quote from: Мel on July 04, 2011, 06:35:14 AM
Very nice mod.
Btw, excuse me for asking, but is it possible to place Shoutbox in the bottom?

Just move this code in index.template:

//SMFPacks Shoutbox -->
   if (function_exists('template_shoutbox')) template_shoutbox('main');
   // <-- SMFPacks Shoutbox

To the place where you want to show the Shoutbox.

I'm currently trying to move the shoutbox directly between my News Fader and first forum board.  Every attempt to move the shoutbox code detailed above simply makes my shoutbox disappear.  I know I must be doing it wrong.  Any advice?

Casual Adult Gaming Community

nCogNeato

I'd also like to know if there's a way to allow 'full page view' using the "Open Popup" feature?

I have the shoutbox limited to 100p high on my board to keep it from dominating the page, but I'd like to view the shoutbox fullscreen in the popup.  Is there some HTML coding I can edit to allow this?

thecoo1est

Quote from: nCogNeato on July 21, 2011, 03:35:51 PM
I'd also like to know if there's a way to allow 'full page view' using the "Open Popup" feature?

I have the shoutbox limited to 100p high on my board to keep it from dominating the page, but I'd like to view the shoutbox fullscreen in the popup.  Is there some HTML coding I can edit to allow this?

as I posted above you, I would also like to do this, or at least male the popup bigger and display all the chats that are set to keep in shoutbox, let me know if you find something, and i will also be looking, its most likely in a script file I would think

Slug1

Quote from: Slug1 on July 04, 2011, 11:02:13 AM
I don't know if this has been suggested: In the configuration section where we can name the ShoutBox and adjust the size, number of messages and all that... can an adjustment field for the "color" of the ShoutBox title be done at all?

We can adjust the color of the default background and text color in the box, but we can't adjust the color of the title we write in the ShoutBox title field.

Anyone know where the color of the title can be edited?
Slug1--out

~My blessings are as many as the miles I marched all these years~

Molten Bear

I put this Shoutbox on a site today and got some immediate feedback..

- The popout does not work on mobile devices.  On my iPod nothing shows to the right of the timestamp, no shouts.  No scroll bars either.  Several people mentioned this.  Also, the text entry box is very small.

- Folks complain there is no message history, they like going back and reading what others posted earlier.  I set both the Keep and Show settings to 200 but now some say the pages now take a long time to load.  My mods would like more than 200 lines of history to review when needed.  I'm not sure this mod is built for showing history

Otherwise, lots of people like the features.

Thank You for creating this mod.

nCogNeato

Quote from: Molten Bear on July 24, 2011, 10:35:58 PM
I put this Shoutbox on a site today and got some immediate feedback..

- The popout does not work on mobile devices.  On my iPod nothing shows to the right of the timestamp, no shouts.  No scroll bars either.  Several people mentioned this.  Also, the text entry box is very small.

- Folks complain there is no message history, they like going back and reading what others posted earlier.  I set both the Keep and Show settings to 200 but now some say the pages now take a long time to load.  My mods would like more than 200 lines of history to review when needed.  I'm not sure this mod is built for showing history

Otherwise, lots of people like the features.

Thank You for creating this mod.

Admins and Moderators can use the "Moderation Panel" to view the full number of messages stored, set in Admin > Configuration > Shoutbox.

Number of messages to show at the first load = What regular members see.
Number of messages to keep in Shoutbox = What can be seen in the "Moderation Panel"

nCogNeato

Quote from: nCogNeato on July 20, 2011, 06:18:25 PM
Very nice mod.

//SMFPacks Shoutbox -->
   // <-- SMFPacks Shoutbox

I'm currently trying to move the shoutbox directly between my News Fader and first forum board.  Every attempt to move the shoutbox code detailed above simply makes my shoutbox disappear.  I know I must be doing it wrong.  Any advice?

Anyone?

marci_n

Quote from: nCogNeato on July 26, 2011, 07:58:52 PM
Very nice mod.

//SMFPacks Shoutbox -->
   // <-- SMFPacks Shoutbox

Anyone?

Yes, you have to move this:

//SMFPacks Shoutbox -->
// <-- SMFPacks Shoutbox

to BoardIndex.template.php and place before:
   // Here's where the "Info Center" starts...

This is answer how to move to bottom of you page. If you wanna insert shoutbox before feeds place the code before
   // Show the news fader?  (assuming there are things to show...)

nCogNeato

Quote from: marci_n on July 27, 2011, 02:09:06 PM
Quote from: nCogNeato on July 26, 2011, 07:58:52 PM
Very nice mod.

//SMFPacks Shoutbox -->
   // <-- SMFPacks Shoutbox

Anyone?

Yes, you have to move this:

//SMFPacks Shoutbox -->
// <-- SMFPacks Shoutbox

to BoardIndex.template.php and place before:
   // Here's where the "Info Center" starts...

This is answer how to move to bottom of you page. If you wanna insert shoutbox before feeds place the code before
   // Show the news fader?  (assuming there are things to show...)

Thank you!   ;D

I'm going to be doing some maintenance this weekend, so I'll edit the code then.

thecoo1est

Quote from: thecoo1est on July 18, 2011, 01:08:05 AM
Hello, I would like to say first this shout box is awesome and the absolute best available for smf in my opinion and I thank you for your hard work.

I have a couple questions and request if at all possible.

1) I would like to size the text input box down about half the size now.

2) Move the bb code icons over with it and move everything up beside the update/popup/moderation links.

3) If thats possible I would also like to make the messages flow from up to down instead of down to up.

4) Also is there a way to make the open popup window display a larger version of chat, for example if my chat on index is 120px height, could the open popup be 500px height and display more messages, or atleast display the max messages set to keep in shout, or if its possible to lock this to a page designated for a chat would be even more awesome.?

5) Is it possible to give the user the option to edit their own chat, and make it refresh when the auto refresh kicks in, so it changes for everyones view.

6) Lastly, which isnt a huge issue but is something often requested on my forum, is it possible to lock the user selected text color so they dont have to choose a color every time they log in, or reopen browser after theyve closed it, any way to cache it from the previous selection they made?

Again any help with any off this would be wonderful, I dont want to sound un greatful because Im not, I would just enjoy modifying it a little. Im not afraid to move stuff around in a php or script file but I have no idea what to look for or where to start as Im not a programmer, but with a point in the direction and maybe a few instructions Im not afraid to experiment, Thanks again for this great mod.

:( no one can help me with my list??? The main thing I wouldlike to do is put a textbox in the members profile for a hex color code and have the shoutbox fetch it so they dont have to pick the coloer everytime they open up the browser, can anyone help me with that one?

Fisch.666

Hi!

Just a short note, the Shoutbox.template.php still tries to load an ff.css file which isn't included in the SMF 2.0 Final.

*Edit*

Ah, and i think the:

/scripts/script.js?rc1

lines should be:

/scripts/script.js?fin20

too.

CS @ Gather

The updated version from Nibogo (thank you!) works fine on my SMF 2.0, there is just one thing I'd appreciate though. Is there any way I can have the Shoutbox maximised permanently? I want guests to be able to view the Shoutbox but when I try myself (as a guest) it defaults to minimised. Surely there's something I can edit to stop it from collapsing?

Thank you and God bless you.

CS

Ozzie

go into admin user groups and set guest permission to be able to view shoutbox

2000+ games available to download

CS @ Gather

Quote from: Ozzie on July 28, 2011, 12:57:32 PM
go into admin user groups and set guest permission to be able to view shoutbox

I've done that and unfortunately the Shoutbox defaults to collapse for guests, meaning they must expand it to view it. Is there a way I can set it to never collapse, under any circumstances?

Thank you and God bless you.

CS

Ozzie

have you unchecked the "Auto hide Shoutbox " box in shout admin thats all i can think off at the moment....

2000+ games available to download

Advertisement: