SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freakydeaky

can someone tell me how to add horizontal rule between posts?

i've tried adding it everywhere in shoutbox.template.php and can't seem to get it to show in-between the posts

thanks in advance, this site is great!

SMF FTW!  ;)

freakydeaky

ok, figured it out...

if you want a horizontal rule between the posts in the shoutbox do the following...

open shoutbox.template.php

find
foreach ($context['shoutbox_echo']['msgs'] as $shout)
echo '<tr id="shoutbox_row' . (empty($shoutbox['showmsg_down']) ? $_GET['row']-- : $_GET['row']++) . '"><td nowrap="nowrap" style="text-align:right" class="' . $shoutbox['printClass'] . '" valign="top">' .  $shout['poster'] . '</td><td style="text-align:left" class="' . $shoutbox['printClass'] . '" valign="top">' . $shout['message'] . '</td></tr>';

replace with
echo '<tr id="shoutbox_row' . (empty($shoutbox['showmsg_down']) ? $_GET['row']-- : $_GET['row']++) . '"><td nowrap="nowrap" style="text-align:right" class="' . $shoutbox['printClass'] . '" valign="top">' .  $shout['poster'] . '</td><td style="text-align:left" class="' . $shoutbox['printClass'] . '" valign="top">' . $shout['message'] . '</td></tr><hr style="width:600%;border: 1px dotted #FF0000"/>';

you can adjust the horizontal rule style by editing <hr style="width:600%;border: 1px dotted #FF0000"/> part of the code...

dataviruset

Why does this modification require Flash Player?

thermus

Hey guys,

I would like to start by stating this is the best Shoutbox out there. I have a small request for added improvement. Can you make an edit so that Admins can moderate Membergroups text color?

Example: I can make regular members text color White, Moderators green and Admin Purple?

OzzyMozzy

Quote from: freakydeaky on November 07, 2012, 06:13:33 PM

ok, figured it out...

if you want a horizontal rule between the posts in the shoutbox do the following...

open shoutbox.template.php

find
echo '<tr id="shoutbox_row' . (empty($shoutbox['showmsg_down']) ? $_GET['row']-- : $_GET['row']++) . '"><td nowrap="nowrap" style="text-align:right" class="' . $shoutbox['printClass'] . '" valign="top">' .  $shout['poster'] . '</td><td style="text-align:left" class="' . $shoutbox['printClass'] . '" valign="top">' . $shout['message'] . '</td></tr>';

replace with
echo '<tr id="shoutbox_row' . (empty($shoutbox['showmsg_down']) ? $_GET['row']-- : $_GET['row']++) . '"><td nowrap="nowrap" style="text-align:right" class="' . $shoutbox['printClass'] . '" valign="top">' .  $shout['poster'] . '</td><td style="text-align:left" class="' . $shoutbox['printClass'] . '" valign="top">' . $shout['message'] . '</td></tr><hr style="width:600%;border: 1px dotted #FF0000"/>';

you can adjust the horizontal rule style by editing <hr style="width:600%;border: 1px dotted #FF0000"/> part of the code...

Thanks for sharing, im going to give this a try

freakydeaky

^ sweet... let me know if it works for ya :tup:

OzzyMozzy

Quote from: freakydeaky on November 14, 2012, 01:46:43 AM
^ sweet... let me know if it works for ya :tup:

Didn't work, i got a white screen with some text, something about parser......not up with the terminology

rajupatel

plz help My forum shoutbox visible only admin mod don't show any user plz help me any expferts step by step.

Kindred

look in permissions for each membergroup
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

rajupatel

humbleworld

any latest site that uses this MOD? I wish to see before I would try it. Thanks.

painkiller5758

Hello all,

I have installed this mod, but i can see the chatbox only if i login as admin, guests and users are not seeing this. does anyone know why? or is there any changes that i need to make it appear to all users guests.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

J_WHISPERZ

I have downloaded the smfpacks shoutbox for my forum but I'm having problem getting it to appear on my forum when I change themes. The only way I can get it to work is if I keep the smf default-curve theme active, the minute I try to change themes it will go away and not show up on my forum page. Does anyone have an idea of why this could be happening? Thanks any help would be appreciated.

Kindred

you are either running smf 1.1.x, added a theme to 2.0.x after installing the mod, or did not check the boxes to apply the mod to your alternate themes on 2.0.2.

regardless, the result is that you will have to manually edit the custom theme(s) template files.
Слaва
Украинi

J_WHISPERZ

Well got it all fixed just had to read a little more during the install. Great Mod though thanks for the shoutbox.

J_WHISPERZ

It looks like I'm having the same problem as the young lady up a few post from this one. I can see the shoutbox logged in as the Admin but none of my users that are logged in or guest that come to the site can see the shoutbox? Is there something that needs to be tweaked?

Shambles

Quote from: J_WHISPERZ on November 25, 2012, 02:11:46 PM
.. none of my users that are logged in or guest that come to the site can see the shoutbox? Is there something that needs to be tweaked?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=269091.msg3441181#msg3441181  ??

wileyy23

ugh. Is there anyway to make member group icons appear next to players names in the shoutbox? If so PLEASE let me know.

mortymoose

I installed this mod, says it was successful, went to the settings, did'nt change anything and saved it ..... but I cannot see the shoutbox on the forum....  I disabled Karma in case it blocked it.... but still no shoutbox.... anyone know why I cannot see the shoutbox?

Thanks

Advertisement: