SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N i g h t m a r e

Quote from: gheburrah on February 16, 2013, 11:45:53 AM
Quote from: gheburrah on February 16, 2013, 11:09:55 AM
Hi,

I've installed the shoutbox and it works properly, but is there anyway i could put a border around it?

Also, i have another question:

what shoud i change and in which file to get the time before the poster?

for example:

Now, it's like this:
Gorom [16/02 16:07]:   bla bla bla

And this is what i want:
[16/02 16:07] Gorom:   bla bla bla

Try NCHAT, but if you wanna use this one EXACTLY, just search for "Shout output" in the search bar for this post, i asked a bunch of times... look for [Crash_Overrides]'s post (i think that's the ID)

gheburrah

Quote from: -♦-Zeum-♦- on February 16, 2013, 06:48:41 PM

Thank you very much, it worked well.

I have one last question:

If I'm not logged in, id est for guests, the shoutbox starts hidden, and I have to expand it manually... Is there a way to change this? I'd like it to always start expanded for everyone to see it imediately, even if they can't post.

MC73

Quote from: gheburrah on February 17, 2013, 08:44:30 AM
Quote from: -♦-Zeum-♦- on February 16, 2013, 06:48:41 PM

Thank you very much, it worked well.

I have one last question:

If I'm not logged in, id est for guests, the shoutbox starts hidden, and I have to expand it manually... Is there a way to change this? I'd like it to always start expanded for everyone to see it imediately, even if they can't post.

Is auto hide checked ? also check permissions to allow guests to view,if it is not already done.
Over 1100 Online Flash Games 

gheburrah

Quote from: MC73 on February 17, 2013, 08:52:31 AM
Is auto hide checked ? also check permissions to allow guests to view,if it is not already done.

No, it's not, it starts expanded for registered users, it does start collapsed just for guests.

Yes, they do have permission, since they can properply see it, it just starts hidden.

P.s.: sorry for shaky english, not my primary language.

Jeepin Dave

Hello, I just recently updated my SMF from 2.0.2 to 2.0.4 and now my SMFpacksShoutbox 1.0.3 is not working.  I am using a modified theme that we loaded, Darkmodern.   I tried to uninstall the shoutbox, but it wont let me.  It says there is no "Uninstaller" available.   I was going to delete it, but the error about it might not working later if I don't uninstall it correctly made me think twice.    I was also going to just use filezilla and remove it off the server and then copy the updated version of the shoutbox, 1.0.4 into the forum folders on the server, but I didn't know if that would work well either.  Help please. lol 

How do I get my shoutbox working again? 

I'm a newb at this, so be gentle.  And type slowly so I can keep up. lol.  :o  ::)

riddick82

Hi. I wonder... Is there any posibilty to ignore censored words in shoutbox? It was an option in other chat I had and it was usefull. I wanna change shoutbox for history option that isn't avalible in one I have.

Sorry for my bad english ;)

EDIT:
I figured out. All I have to do is take out $s['message'] from censorText() function i and leave it standalone in file "./Sources/Shoutbox.php". However it would be nice if you put this option in shoutbox config.

Mai11

I see that the file was updated on Feb 17th, but what changes were made if any?

Arantor

Probably just to indicate 2.0.4 compatibility, the actual file itself wasn't changed.

Tom4ever

Mai11

Hello,

Wonder if anyone knows how to fix this. On my forum if someone stays just on the shoutbox, and doesn't refresh the website, then it doesn't show them as online on the forums. I know this shoutbox use to keep people listed as online on the forums (their status would be like "Doing something you can't see" if you looked at the who is online thing), but now it no longer does that. Anyone know how to change that?

Thanks.

Mai.

gheburrah

Quote from: Am' on September 11, 2010, 05:50:42 PM
Quote from: Am' on July 08, 2010, 07:07:31 AM
wow nice

There're bugs:

- Not compatible with opera latest version
- When you click on 'Moderation Panel', a popup opens but also a redirection page, popup Enough!
- You can not edit posts containing '
- collapse shoutbox dont work (firefox latest version)

so, any news ?  ;)

Two years after this post, it's still impossible to edit shouts containing  '

Is this issue gonna be fixed?
Is it manually fixable? How do I do it?

gheburrah

I'm using    SMFPacks Shoutbox    1.0.4 too, but on SMF 1.1.18...

Follicle

Hi there.

Many thanks to the developers of SMF and of this mod. I have been using SMF for about ten months, and this chat mod almost as long. I have never been able to figure out how to get the shoutbox to show on ALL pages though... it currently only shows on the index. What am I doing wrong?

Also, is there some way to have a log, or do I just have to increase maximum number of messages?

I am using SMF 2.0.4, with all of the latest patches installed.

Any help or advice would be great.

Thanks again!

Follicle

Quote from: Branko. on October 11, 2012, 01:28:30 PM
Quote from: {★-♦-Zeum-♦-★} on October 10, 2012, 06:16:34 PM
what are the codes to have the shoutbox printed on every page?

Pages where Shoutbox will be printed:
boardindex
collapsecategory

replace with

boardindex
messageindex
unreadtopics
display
memberlist
collapsecategory
gallerymain
groups
showhelp
messagemain
who

Quote from: freakydeaky on October 11, 2012, 01:14:29 PM

can anyone tell me how to enable the smileys?

Enabled by default

Never mind, answered my own question with SEARCH....

edit: any idea if shoutbox can be displayed in Knowledge base? Search yields nothing....

gheburrah

Quote from: Nibogo on February 28, 2013, 04:45:31 PM
That should be the problem, I cannot remember if 1.1.X version is patched

I'm sorry to bother you again but... is it difficult to do so? Could you please guide me in the process?

bugara2

Guys i have a problem
I haven't checked the show hidden thing but the shoutbox appears hidden for every1.
Also how can i enable the shoutbox to be visible for visitors ?
Thanks.

Advertisement: