Posting Announcement

Started by Mick., October 28, 2008, 01:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

problemwt2.0

hello i'm using smf 2.0 RC1 when i uploaded the package i get the following error  :o  The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

help me please  :'(

1.1.3 version of this modificaion

well pakage parser is saying the same think then why u have wrote that it is compatible wt 2.0 ?

Sorry, but this modification does not appear to be compatible with the selected version.

Changelog
1.1.3 17th Mars 2009
o Now support SMF 2.0 RC1.
1.1.2 29th October 2008
o Added brazilian language, thanks to Costa.
1.1.1 28th October 2008
o Fixed a small mistake in the installation for SMF 1.1.6.
1.1 28th October 2008
o Added support for SMF 1.1.6
o Added swedish language
1.0 25th October 2008
o Mod was submitted to the SMF Mod Site.

problemwt2.0

problemwt2.0

problemwt2.0

Marcus Forsberg

Sorry for the delay, problemwt2.0!

I made a simple typo in the package which made the 2.0 version unable to parse and install. use the new package on the mod site.

problemwt2.0

pinoypetfinder

hi nas, just wanna ask if it's already possible to post announcement on just one specific board? (ie, classified section board only). or will it still show on ALL boards?

Marcus Forsberg

pinoypetfinder, it will currently show on all boards. I might have a look at adding the functionallity you mentioned.

Would anyone be interested in testing the new package I attached? :)

zorro18

Hi Nas,

The attached file also doesnt work for 2.0 RC 1-1. even when emulated for 2.0 RC 1.. What would be the reason.
SMF community Rocks !!

pinoypetfinder

thanks nas! really need it right, will try it after you confirm a few things :)
the attachment should work on all smf 1.1.x version?
should i uninstall the previous version of this mod before installing the new one that you attached?

ke4obt

Nas,
I looked at the 1.1.4 version. When I tried to install it, it failed on post.template.php. I unzipped the file I got from your post and looked at the install.xml for 2.0. The only thing different I could find is that there is
Quote// If an error occurred, explain what happened.';
that it is looking for, but in the template file, there is no
Quote';
in the code.
I tried to delete that extra '; and saved the file, but I must have saved it wrong or something, because now it just says that the install failed, but everything shows as passed except for the 4 language files that it couldn't find.
I just figured I'd let you know so you can research it and fix it. I know enough to look and mostly see what's different, but the correct fixing of it is beyond me. :D

Thanks for the mod and hope you get it working soon,
Flip & Mickey (who did most of the checking)

ps - the different announcement for each board would be really nice, but not totally necessary. Just our two cent's worth (in today's economy, that equals about a half cent's worth).  :)
Thanks Much

Flip - KE4OBT
     The Blind Ham
Helping other blind hams
get on the air!

Yes I am really a BLIND user!

So, if a mod doesn't install properly, and I can't get help from your part of the forum,
I will come begging for YOUR help since you wrote it and know how it works
um, uh, well,
At least I would really, really hope you do!
HEE-HEE-HEE

Marcus Forsberg

I'll look at that asap. Thanks

Marcus Forsberg

Changelog
1.1.5 13th June
o Fixed the "File not found"-errors on brazilian and swedish language.
o Fixed the test failed error on Post.template.php. (2.0 RC1-1)
o Preparing for new functionallity: Different announcements on different boards. (Next version)
o Preparing for new functionallity: Make the icon infront of the announcement optional. (Next version)

zorro18

Quote from: Nas on June 13, 2009, 07:28:26 AM
Changelog
1.1.5 13th June
o Preparing for new functionallity: Different announcements on different boards. (Next version)
o Preparing for new functionallity: Make the icon infront of the announcement optional. (Next version)

Great..thanks..Next versions looks kool to me.. ;)
SMF community Rocks !!

villasg

Τhanks

Greek-utf8
<file name="$languagedir/Help.greek-utf8.php">
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[// Start Posting Announcement mod by Nas
$helptxt['enable_announcement'] = 'Θελεις να εμφανίζεται μήνυμα στη σελίδα ποσταρίσματος ? <div class="smalltext">ΠΧ προσοχή στους κανόνες </div><br />';
$helptxt['text_announcement'] = 'Μήνυμα που θα βλέπουν τα μέλη όταν ποστάρουν. Μπορεί να είναι μια προειδοποίησή για τους κανόνες . <div class="smalltext">μπορείς να χρησιμοποιήσεις Html και BBC κοδικες.</div><br />';
// End Posting Announcement mod by Nas]]></add>
</operation>
</file>
<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.greek-utf8.php">
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[// Start Posting Announcement mod by Nas
$txt['enable_announcement']='Εμφανισε μια ανακοινωση ( Posting Announcement ) στην κορηφη της σελιδασ ποσταρισματος';
$txt['text_announcement']='Εμφανιζομενη ανακοινωση <div class="smalltext">μπορούν να χρησιμοποιήθουν HTML and BBC κόδικες.</div>';
// End Posting Announcement mod by Nas]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

pinoypetfinder

Quote from: Nas on June 13, 2009, 07:28:26 AM
Changelog
1.1.5 13th June

awesome! will look forward for the next version ;D
btw nas, do we have to uninstall the previous mod if we wanted to install the most recent version? or is there a way or option to just add the new stuff without uninstalling the previous version?

Marcus Forsberg

You'll have to uninstall the mod first.

FragaCampos

This is a great mod and as soon as we can select the board in which to use it, it will be a must have ;)

I'm lookin forward for the next version  8)

khaleed

Hi Nas

I just installed your posting announcement mod but when I go to feature and option I just cant find it. Is there any file I have to edit to make it work. :-\

FYI I m using version 1.1.10 kani theme.

Here is my site http://klia-community.com/forum

khaleed

Advertisement: