News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Posting Announcement

Started by Mick., October 28, 2008, 01:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genieuk

and to show announcement for certain boards only ;)

for example, you may have a board that has different rules, so you could put in text box,

please read rules for this board, rules for this board differs from main rules or whatever. and of course choose to display for certain boards only,

qtime

Very great modification, this will avoid changing the php code in the post php script! Very usefull!

And yes, it will be great to use it with different text on different boards. :).

DareDevil1990

hi could anyone tell me what's action to enter its admin area...like action=misc or something ??

MaXiForum.cz

Marcus Forsberg

pinoypetfinder

Quote from: genieuk on October 29, 2008, 02:45:25 PM
and to show announcement for certain boards only ;)

for example, you may have a board that has different rules, so you could put in text box,

please read rules for this board, rules for this board differs from main rules or whatever. and of course choose to display for certain boards only,

yup! like for example, our forum have a classified ad section that has different board rules.

is this possible, Nascar? :)

Marcus Forsberg

It's possible, yes, and a good idea.

pinoypetfinder

awesome! will be waiting for your update, Nascar. Thanks very much in advance ;D

Imô¿ôu2

Nascar I would like to thank you for such a nice mod. I put it up there with one of the three most important mods

DeInCreasePostBox
Users Online Today
Posting Announcement

Now those are just my feelings. I was so happy with it on my SMF2 beta 4 public forum that I set to work trying to figure out how to install it on my SMF2 beta 3.1 public.

The manual install for the SMF2 beta 4 public works perfect on the SMF2 beta 3.1 public. I think that it would be really nice if you could make an updated version of the mod that would install on the SMF2 beta 3.1 public. Allot of us still have a few forums using it, while we wait for the mods to catch up.

Any ways, just a thought I had. It really is a great mod.

Respects

Imô¿ôu2

"If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door."
Paul Beatty

Marcus Forsberg

Thanks for the comments, Imô¿ôu2!
I'll update it for 3.1 as soon as I have time. :)

tonnybarros

How do I appear in the answer too fast.

Traduzido pelo Google.

HuRRR

jossanaijr

Quote from: tonnybarros on November 04, 2008, 08:08:39 PM
How do I appear in the answer too fast.

Traduzido pelo Google.

To use in Quick Reply too?

Marcus Forsberg

You mean displaying it in the quick reply box?

jossanaijr

I think  it what he is asking for.

pinoypetfinder

hi again nascar,
we wanted to install the theme for now (and hopefully you can update it again with the board settings option), anyway, i encounter this error -

Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php    Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.brazilian.php    File not found
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.brazilian.php    File not found
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.swedish.php    File not found
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.swedish.php    File not found
7.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test failed
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Post.template.php    Test successful

any idea what went wrong?

jossanaijr

You need to edit files manually.
Install it with errors and then edit those files with "Test failed" and "File not found" (in these case if you are using Brazilian or Swedish language; if you are using English, edition of these languages files are not necessary).

pinoypetfinder

ooh okay, will do that now. thanks jossanaijr! :)

pinoypetfinder

i tried it, but i can't find this on my ModSettings.php file -

array('int', 'max_signatureLength'),

attached is my ModSettings.php file, i appreciate if any of you can look and hopefully help me to fix it.. thanks in advance :)

Advertisement: