News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Tutorial: how to COMPLETELY integrate FlashChat into SMF so you have a cool CHAT

Started by marcnyc, October 09, 2004, 07:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacov

Quote from: bluevoodu on January 16, 2005, 12:35:01 PM
nice going!

just a question though.... is there a possibility to make it so that if a user is in chat (but not active on the boards for 15 min...etc) that they still appear online on the message boards who's online area?

the reason is that if a user is idle on the board, they are dropped from the who's online list, but they are still active in chat.

Also, would it be possible that when you click the who's online (and it displays what the user is doing) that it could display "User is chatting" or something like that?

thanks,
†B†V†
and my problem is just like your'...can You help me?

If anybody know why in IE (not firefox)  user can't log out from the chat. I mean..they can but on the forum it says thet they are still logged on ??? They're logged off...what can I do ??

I have FlashChat 4.7.7 , SMF 1.1.2 and, of course, flashchat mod is installed !!

Thank you very !! any help is wellcome !!
Tomislav
Pacov

Tanks

I have same problem... 1 user always appers to be logged in.. but he really isnt.. its not a big problem but still would be nice to quick fix it somehow  :)  

liten

I installed the chat and user integration works perfectly fine but I have a layout problem for the numbers of users chatting.

The instructions said to paste the code snippet right after the //main content but the n. of users chatting appears on top of the page, outside the Board Index

My index.template.php main content looks like this:

// The main content should go here.  A table is used because IE 6 just can't handle a div.
  echo '
  <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr>  <td>';}
          $chatrequest = db_query("
            SELECT COUNT(*) AS numb
            FROM  smf_fc_connections
            WHERE userid IS NOT NULL", __FILE__, __LINE__);
         list ($chatcount) = mysql_fetch_row($chatrequest);
         mysql_free_result($chatrequest);

if ( @$_GET['action'] != "chat" ) {
    if ( $chatcount == "1" ) {
      $singularplural1 = " is ";
      $singularplural2 = "";
    } else {
      $singularplural1 = " are ";
      $singularplural2 = "s";
    }
    echo '
        Currently there ' . $singularplural1 . ' <font color="#FFFFFF">' . $chatcount . ' User'.$singularplural2.' in the Chat!</font><br>';
  }

function template_main_below()
{
  global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt;

echo '</td>
  </tr></table><br />';

Any suggestions?

And does anyone know how to have the number of users in chat in the key stats section (under 'latest member')?

cwzplas

Quote from: Knat on February 19, 2007, 02:28:10 AM
I have same problem... 1 user always appers to be logged in.. but he really isnt.. its not a big problem but still would be nice to quick fix it somehow  :) 

copy dologout.php from chat/inc folder to your main SMF folder.. Leave a copy in the main chat Folder, this leaves a logout for when folks come in another way.

You need to Edit the copy in the SMF folder as shown in below

<?php
require_once(
'/inc/common.php');

$msg 'Logging out from the chat...';

like this

<?php
require_once(
'/home/blahh/soanso/www/SMF/Chat/inc/common.php');

$msg 'Logging out from the chat...';

There is one more line down a little ways which is the spacer.gif do the same with it if you want. I'm not php savy so that might be a sloppy way to do it.

JamesWC

I don't know if I'm asking in the right place, but I hope someone can help...

When the global moderator on my forum tries to access the chat room, he gets told that he's "banned," and is then automatically logged out of the forum as well!

Here's a screenshot of what he sees:

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5893/bannedzi2.jpg

According to the FlashChat control panel, nobody is banned from the chat room, and he certainly hasn't been banned from the forum. So what's going on, and how can I fix it?

Many thanks in advance...

Simplemachines Cowboy

This is a known issue with FLASHCHAT.
I don't remember the exact fix, but if you go search the FlashChat forum you will find the fix.

It has something to do with having more than the default number of groups in SMF - FlashChat doesn't recognize the group so you will need to add the group to FlashChat.

Edit:
I knew I had the post saved! Try this:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=66561.msg585301#msg585301

My SMF forum: The Open Range

plyons66

Quote from: Daniel15 on January 05, 2007, 04:31:27 AM
Hi everyone,
I've created a mod which allows you to completely integrate FlashChat into SMF (no iframe needed). You may find it at http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=611 :)

Wow!!  This is very nice.  I have it running on our test board, and it looks GREAT!  Thank you Daniel15  !!!

brianjw

One problem, when I go to ?action=chat its in an iframe like it should except im logged out everytime I try to access it. Any ideas?

unrelenting

Quote from: brianjw on August 08, 2007, 04:09:28 PM
One problem, when I go to ?action=chat its in an iframe like it should except im logged out everytime I try to access it. Any ideas?

I had that problem before and I had to reinstall flashchat to get it fixed.

ecbrad

I saw a fleeting reference to this error and only an obscure reference to a possible cause but I have integrated Flash Chat using the instructions on the site but I keep getting the following error.

QuoteFatal error: Cannot redeclare reloadsettings() (previously declared in /home/yvonneh/public_html/travian/forum/Sources/Load.php:140) in /home/yvonneh/public_html/travian/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 138

Could someone please clue me in on how to fix this?

cheers,
Brad

Kindred

you seem to have installed a mod (specifically the reloadsettings function) twice...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ecbrad

Okay, the only mods I have installed are the Flashchat integration mod? Where would I correct this error?

Cheers,
Brad

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ecbrad

brianjw

The best place to get better support on this is probably the mod topic - for the mod you stated, "Flashchat Integration"

sparkylinked

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 31, 2005, 02:54:58 PM
Quote from: Owdy on January 31, 2005, 12:32:19 PM
If i use include in chat.template.php, i get:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare reloadsettings() (previously declared in /www/asiakkaat/public_html/foorumi/Sources/Load.php:96) in /www/asiakkaat/public_html/foorumi/Sources/Load.php on line 94

Are you... trying to include Load.php :P?  SSI.php?

-[Unknown]

FIX:

In chat/inc/cmses/smfCMS2.php, find:

code:
include($smf_root_path . 'Settings.php');
include($smf_root_path . 'Sources/Load.php');
include($smf_root_path . 'Sources/Subs-Auth.php');
include($smf_root_path . 'Sources/LogInOut.php');

replace with:
require_once($smf_root_path . 'Settings.php');
require_once($smf_root_path . 'Sources/Load.php');
require_once($smf_root_path . 'Sources/Subs-Auth.php');
require_once($smf_root_path . 'Sources/LogInOut.php');

Kindred

fix for what?

my system works just fine with the SMFCMS2 file exactly as supplied by flashchat
Слaва
Украинi

unrelenting

Quote from: Kindred on November 04, 2007, 08:36:51 AM
fix for what?

my system works just fine with the SMFCMS2 file exactly as supplied by flashchat

He's replying to a 2 year old post so maybe he has a 2 year old version of the software.

Kindred

but those lines in SMFCMS2 still read include (by default) rather than require_once...

Mind you, require_once won't HURT anything...
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: