News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 3.7?

Started by illu444, October 30, 2008, 07:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illu444

Hey guys, I've got a problem while converting my vb3.7.3 pl1 to smf 1.1.6.

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 3.7. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: Incorrect database name ''

But, the absolute Path to both are right. There are two databases, one for smf and the other for vb. The sql-users are the same.

Sry for my bad English.

Can you help me?

illu444

ThorstenE

Are you sure the pathes are right? Can you PM me a link to both forums?

babjusi

Quote from: illu444 on October 30, 2008, 07:05:55 PM
Hey guys, I've got a problem while converting my vb3.7.3 pl1 to smf 1.1.6.

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 3.7. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: Incorrect database name ''

But, the absolute Path to both are right. There are two databases, one for smf and the other for vb. The sql-users are the same.

Sry for my bad English.

Can you help me?

From what I read it seems that you installed smf in another database than that of your vb forum? Is that correct? It would have been best if you installed smf in the same db that your vb forum resides on.

Anyway, did you at least granted the smf''s db user full access and prevliges to the vb''s forum's database?

illu444

It's the same problem, if I'm installing the board in the same database like the vbulletin.

The path should be right.

SleePy

Does the config to the vb ile exist and have valid data?
The converter will get data from here to know some of the info.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

illu444

Yes, the config file is located in the folder includes, with all valid data.

SleePy

Can you pm me the config files in /admin/config.php and /includes/config.php?

It is saying the database name is blank. This to me says a bad config file, I can verify this by seeing the files.
You can *** any sensitive info such as your database password if you need :)
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Ploot

I have the exact problem when I tried to convert my vb to smf. Hopefully someone can get a fix for this soon

ThorstenE

Ploot, please try this:

edit the vbulletin37_to_smf.sql and replace (line 6-7):

---~ settings: "/admin/config.php", "/includes/config.php"
---~ from_prefix: "`" . $config['Database']['dbname'] . "`." . $config['Database']['tableprefix'] . ""

with this:

---~ settings: "/migration.php"
---~ from_prefix: "" . $database . "."

then create a new file named migration.php with this content:

<?php
$database 
'nameofyourdatabase';
?>

change nameofyourdatabase to your databse and place the file in your vBulletin directory.

Ploot

Thanx for the help TE but that still doesn't work I am getting this error now

Unable to find the settings for vBulletin 3.7. Please double check the path and try again.

ThorstenE

ok, the path to vBulletin is wrong then.. can you PM me a link to both forums (SMF and vBulletin)?

assam_siddibapa

You need to add the VBULLITEN user to the smf database ... i am sure this will work

Sarge

Please do not PM me with support requests unless I invite you to.

http://www.zeriyt.com/   ~   http://www.galeriashqiptare.net/

<H> I had zero posts when I started posting

Advertisement: