News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhyme

I totally LOVE this mod BTW! So many choices on the blocks and the customization is unreal! GREAT JOB!

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Rhyme

vbgamer45

Important Update! Fixes bug from last version of EzPortal that caused incorrect formatting in Internet Explorer

!Fixed bug from 0.3.1 that messed up formatting in Internet Explorer due to an unclosed td tag
+Added Top and Bottom Columns
!Fixed the hide says option for the shoutbox also added : spacer if you disable it
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

flutter

I have this in place on a new site I just did.  Problem is, I can't find a way to put in the info, e.g links, etc.  Instructions for use would really help here.

I've been in every part of the settings, tried edit on the ez block, everything, but there is no way to input info into the blocks.  Where do I go to actually put info into them and how do I do it.

It worked before when I tried out the old version although that had different problems on another site.

In IE explorer the shoutbox is an smf articles block.  I have updated to the latest that was meant to fix the IE issues

I can send you a link if you want or need it

I've just found out I'm having issues with the site permissions loading.  i can't get to them.  It's been loading for about 20 minutes now and I can't get to set all of the permissions as I get a partly blank page.  See screenshot, this is after 20 minutes

vbgamer45

If you want to add your own custom content to a block you would most likely use an html block then post the html codes inside the block.

As for the site permission that looks like a theme issue try the default theme

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

flutter

So what is the link block for and the articles blocks?  Why cant we put information into them?  I don't understand this at all.

I thought, if you put a links block in it's for links.  I also thought if I put an article block I could put articles in it.  What are all the other blocks for then?

vbgamer45

Those other blocks require other mods to be installed.
So if you want the links block to work you need to install SMF Links
If you want the articles block to you need to get SMF Articles

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

flutter

Yes I know, I have links and articles installed.  Gallery too and I don't get a button for that.  I'm in a right old mess here trying to sort out this lot.

So now you know I have links installed and articles and the other things I need to go with it, how do I use them?

vbgamer45

The blocks themselves for articles,links,gallery don't allow you to input information. You would setup the information for them in each of the mod sections.

The blocks just allow you to format the information and select the information that should appear in the ezblock

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

flutter

well trying to sort it out has messed up the whole forum.  I had to uninstall and reinstall to see if it would get it going.  The parse instructions didn't help as I don't have some of the files it says I should.  When i reinstalled I lost the forum button.  I can't even get it to go back to default for some reason.  It looks like I'll have to start all over and reinstall the entire forum.  I did actually try just clikcing into links and articles on the menu but I couldn't do a think with them.

What about the shoutbox changing to an article block in explorer?

vbgamer45

No idea on the block changing to article form shoutbox that should not be possible.. I would try to recreate that block the shoutbox.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Nizer

Awesome mod, hats off ... it's working great on the site. I've looked and I apologize in advance should this be here but I can't find it so I'll ask. In admin - forum errors this error is filling up in the list fast! I cleared it last Monday and today there are 112 pages with the error below:

8: Undefined index: class_url
File: /home/*******/public_html/smfforum/Sources/Subs-EzPortalMain.php
Line: 1912

All users, same Line:1912

Any ideas on how to correct or maybe point me to the thread that this has been discussed. TY very much in advance!

ReZ

vbgamer45

Looks like you have a classifieds ezBlock enabled? Do you have SMF Classifieds installed?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Nizer

That I do. The block shows everything just find minus the picture.

vbgamer45

Fixed for next release.

Hotfix
Open that file
Find

// Load the language files
if (loadlanguage('classifieds') == false)
loadLanguage('classifieds', 'english');

Add after

if (empty($modSettings['class_url']))
$modSettings['class_url'] = $boardurl . '/classifieds/';

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Nizer

Thnx very much for that Vb ... I know "just " enough to be dangerous and do know how to apply the fix .... what exact page is that fix applied too? Again thanks for the speedy fix.

When I upgrade the board to 2.0 will I still be able to use your software?

ReZ

vbgamer45

You would modify  Sources/Subs-EzPortalMain.php

Yes the mods work with SMF 2.0 both ezPortal and SMF Classifieds

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Nizer

flutter

Ok, I reinstalled the entire forum and the mods again.  I now have links working as well as articles, which is no good lol, as I don't hav tiny portal (is it even compatible to have both?).  Anyway all going great and I shook the dust off dreameaver to built my own, yeah I'm lazy, lol.

I go in to change the blocks to html and hey presto, I have no ez portal configuration panel.  That has disappeared and I now have links and articles.  Now I added all of the code in parse, even the ones that were marked as not essential, yet no ez portal now.  It has to be working as the home page is still there, but I can't get in to work with the blocks.

Any idea what's went wrong?

Advertisement: