"unread" and "replies" tabs for main menu

Started by Jade Elizabeth, November 06, 2008, 12:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

LOL Matthew nice slide in there.

As far as I know Gryzor... (please let me know if it doesn't work and I will fix it up for you :))
Quote from: Suki on October 10, 2011, 01:24:32 PM
This mod can be installed on a 2.0.1 installation if you Emulate version 2.0 RC5:

In order to use the emulation feature you must go to Admin-Packages.

Below your mod list there is an Advanced link, click on it.

It will display an Advanced Options box with a text field, on the text field you will type the SMF version you want to emulate, after typing the SMF version, click on the button Apply.

Now you can install-uninstall the mod.
Once you have done with it, click on the Advanced link again, below the Emulate Version: description there is a link called

or you can manually edit your files by following the parser:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=1497;attach=170090;smf_version=2.0_RC5
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Matthew K.

No, I was being serious. There's an issue in SMF 2.0.12 with serializing the cache, and one of the problems this causes is the menu to disappear. I'd hate for people to think a problem was being caused by your mod, when it's not.

Gryzor

Aha, so it might have been a cache issue?

In any case, I decided it was time to refresh-install my forum; after that (or maybe it was because I emptied the cache?) it works flawlessly, so apologies for alarming everyone :)

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Matthew K. on September 30, 2016, 08:57:57 PM
No, I was being serious. There's an issue in SMF 2.0.12 with serializing the cache, and one of the problems this causes is the menu to disappear. I'd hate for people to think a problem was being caused by your mod, when it's not.

Oh, thank you <3

I haven't seen that error, sounds horrible!

Quote from: Gryzor on October 01, 2016, 02:16:52 AM
Aha, so it might have been a cache issue?

In any case, I decided it was time to refresh-install my forum; after that (or maybe it was because I emptied the cache?) it works flawlessly, so apologies for alarming everyone :)

You can run the delete cache thing in admin too, that might help. I always do so after installing or uninstalling a mod :).
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Gryzor

Yup, that's what I did. And probably a good idea to do it after modding...

Gryzor

Raise from the dead...

Anyone got this working with 2.0.18? :)

Gryzor

KittyGalore

Quote from: Gryzor on October 07, 2021, 05:53:24 AMRaise from the dead...

Anyone got this working with 2.0.18? :)
Yes it works .
SMF Curve 2.0x

Gryzor

Thanks for confirming! Can you tell me how you did it? I did install it but it produced no result, strangely...

[EDIT] nah nevermind, doing it manually :)

Just one question, before reinstalling my forum I had checkboxes next to the messages in the Unread list so I could mark as read only the part of the list I was looking of (or separate posts). Does anyone know where this functionality comes from? I thought it came with this mode, obviously wrong...

KittyGalore

Quote from: Gryzor on October 26, 2021, 10:22:26 AMThanks for confirming! Can you tell me how you did it? I did install it but it produced no result, strangely...

[EDIT] nah nevermind, doing it manually :)

Just one question, before reinstalling my forum I had checkboxes next to the messages in the Unread list so I could mark as read only the part of the list I was looking of (or separate posts). Does anyone know where this functionality comes from? I thought it came with this mode, obviously wrong...
In your Look and layout in your profile

Show quick moderation as checkboxes.
SMF Curve 2.0x

Gryzor

WHAT?! I'd have never found it there, what's this have to do with moderation? :D  Thanks for pointing out, I had really given up on it!!

Is this visible for normal users too?

KittyGalore

Quote from: Gryzor on October 27, 2021, 03:19:37 AMWHAT?! I'd have never found it there, what's this have to do with moderation? :D  Thanks for pointing out, I had really given up on it!!

Is this visible for normal users too?
I've no idea why it's referred to as moderation and yes all members have this from their profile.
SMF Curve 2.0x

Advertisement: