News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinoest

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 10, 2021, 10:20:54 PM
Not trying to upgrade.  It's a clean 2.0.17 install, this is initial TP install.  We're running a 30 Nov database, later dumps were trashed.  There are TP tables in db, I'll drop them and retry install.

That worked, thanks.

Well you were upgrading if you already had a database table there...

Steve

I asked this when the version was 1.1 but I never upgraded. I'd like to upgrade now so I need to know if the current version will pick up the blocks I currently have.

Thanks. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

tinoest

Quote from: Steve on January 17, 2021, 07:35:23 PM
I asked this when the version was 1.1 but I never upgraded. I'd like to upgrade now so I need to know if the current version will pick up the blocks I currently have.

Thanks. :)

Yes they should still work. I don't know the changes between 1.1 and 1.3 as that was before I worked on the project.

But based on my knowledge you will need to go to TinyPortal 1.5.0 roughly first. That is available here; https://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?action=tportal;sa=download;dl=item119

Personally I would go 1.5.0 -> 1.6.7 -> 2.0.0

Steve

@rjen

Just an FYI on upgrading to TP2.0.0. Due to some version number changes in the past there are a few limitations when installing TP on a database that already has TP tables in it...

The install error 'Unknown column 'var5' in 'field list''is an indication of a TinyPortal versions older than 1.4R. If this error pops up, when installing 2.0.0 follow the instructions below for versions of 1.3 and before...

You can only go to 1.6.8 from version 1.6.3 and up, so the path Tinoest described is not feasible...

Recommended upgrade path to 2.0.0:
- if the old TP version in the database is 1.4R or higher: you can install 2.0.0 directly
- if the old TP version is 1.3 or before: you should install 1.6.7 first then uninstall and install TP 2.0.0
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Steve

lurkalot

The TinyPortal Team is pleased to announce the release of TinyPortal 2.0.1

TinyPortal 2.0.1 can be used on SMF 2.0 and 2.1

Minimum required PHP version : 5.6.0
Highest supported PHP version (tested) 8.0.0

Changelog: TinyPortal 2.0.1

Relevant to SMF 2.0 and 2.1:

Technical updates:

fixed "Unable to load the 'main' template" errors for guests
fixed "Database error, given array of integer values is empty. (cat)"
fixed PHP7.4 issue "Trying to access array offset on value of type bool" when submitting an article
fixed "Undefined index: QUERY_STRING"
fixed bbc descriptions for downloads not being parsed in category page
fixed frontpage topics showing readmore link even when not shortened
fixed frontpage topics double line breaks being stripped
fixed error viewing recent comments page "Unable to load the 'main' template"
fixed article search error "preg_replace(): Unknown modifier"
updated admin section to not allow setting 0 frontpage topics
make news board selection a required field
standardized some field lengths in admin section
css fix for long text strings in articles not breaking on apple devices
fixed shoutbox refresh to allow the value '0'

Note: You must uninstall any previous version of TinyPortal before you can install TP 2.0.0 for SMF2.0.x or SMF2.1. Make a backup of all your SMF and TP files before you uninstall.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, TinyPortal 1.6.9

This is a bug fix only support for older php versions
Minimum required PHP version : 5.4.0

Changelog TinyPortal 1.6.9
This release includes the following fixes:

Relevant to 2.0 and 2.1:

- Fix search string not being correctly escaped when printing to the screen

Note: You must uninstall any previous version of TinyPortal before you can install TP 2.0.0 for SMF2.0.x or SMF2.1. Make a backup of all your SMF and TP files before you uninstall.

tinoest

Quote from: @rjen on January 18, 2021, 04:59:47 PM
Recommended upgrade path to 2.0.0:
- if the old TP version in the database is 1.4R or higher: you can install 2.0.0 directly
- if the old TP version is 1.3 or before: you should install 1.6.7 first then uninstall and install TP 2.0.0

To update the above information.

Now we have released TinyPortal 2.0.1 you should be able to go from TinyPortal 1.3 or before to TinyPortal 2.0.1 without the intermediate step, along with it working from TinyPortal 1.4R or higher. If you want to go to TinyPortal 2.0.0 the above still applies although TinyPortal 2.0.1 does include some bug fixes and no known regressions, so there is no reason not to switch to it over TinyPortal 2.0.0.

Steve

Thanks again. Will give it a spin. :)

Sir Osis of Liver

Is TP fully responsive in responsive themes?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

lurkalot

Yes, but as you said only when running a responsive theme.

Sir Osis of Liver

That's what I need.  Don't suppose there's any easy way to import SP content into TP?

- R. Waters

@rjen

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 27, 2021, 08:53:07 PM
That's what I need.  Don't suppose there's any easy way to import SP content into TP?

At the moment , no.

An initial effort was made to create an import module, but that is not finished ...
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Sir Osis of Liver

I'll copy the block content from one to the other.  This one's turning into a real hairball. :P

- R. Waters

tinoest

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 28, 2021, 03:58:09 PM
I'll copy the block content from one to the other.  This one's turning into a real hairball. :P

Some of the block content is copied across. Same as some of the article data.

I stopped on the work as it was at a stage where it converted enough across, and the rest imo was easy enough to copy across or create new. Other's disagree, but it is a start.

Steve

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on January 28, 2021, 03:58:09 PMThis one's turning into a real hairball. :P

Just don't cough it up ...

jsx

On the modification page there is information about the latest version 2.0.0, it should be 2.0.1

lurkalot

Quote from: jsx on February 02, 2021, 12:05:01 PM
On the modification page there is information about the latest version 2.0.0, it should be 2.0.1

Yep, sorry I missed that when I did the release, also added 2.0.18 to the "Compatible With:"

Thank you for the heads up.  ;)

jsx

And here it should be 2021: TinyPortal 2.0.1 © 2005-2021

lurkalot

Quote from: jsx on February 02, 2021, 12:55:47 PM
And here it should be 2021: TinyPortal 2.0.1 © 2005-2021

That's embarrassing. lol...  Yes we missed it in both 1.6.9 and 2.0.1

Advertisement: