TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@rjen

It seems to only happen on SMF2.0 (and perhaps on some non standard themes)

in tp-shout.css find

.tp_shoutavatar2 {
    float: left;
    margin: 0 6px 0 0;
    padding: 1px;
    width: 2.6em;
    height: 2.6em;
    overflow: hidden;
}

and add after that
.tp_shoutavatar2 img {
    max-width: 100%;
}
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

jsx

I entered this code into tp-shout.css and unfortunately the avatar still doesn't display fully.

dodos26

jsx

I cleared the forum cache and the avatar still doesn't display correctly.

@rjen

Quote from: jsx on February 11, 2023, 09:36:45 AMI cleared the forum cache and the avatar still doesn't display correctly.

Then I will need to see your site: perhaps some mod is interfering with the css

jsx

I installed TinyPortal 2.3.0 on a clean SMF 2.1.3 forum, entered this code you provided, cleared the forum cache and the avatar looks like this:

@rjen

Sorry, but I cannot reproduce it with the fix I provided

jsx

How is it possible that avatar still doesn't display correctly on my forum?

Once again I installed SMF 2.1.3, uploaded TP 2.3.0 and entered this code into the tp-shout.css file, uploaded the file to the server, cleared the forum cache.

.tp_shoutavatar2 img {
}

I added the above code here:

.tp_shoutavatar2 {
float: left;
margin: 0 6px 0 0;
padding: 1px;
width: 2.6em;
height: 2.6em;
overflow: hidden;
}
.tp_shoutavatar2 img {
}

The avatar looks like this:

tinoest

Without knowing what your website is I am not sure how we can help you further?

@rjen

@jsx , since you are not giving any link to where this happens, it is REALLY hard for us to think of what may be going wrong in you site.

Just had a brainwave, and perhaps you are willing to check the setting on avatars in your forum:
"If the avatar is too large"

I am guessing you have set it to 'resize in the users' browser'
Try changing that to: Download and resize on the server?

If that is indeed the case, and you are not willing to change the setting,  then the only solution is have is changing the css code to this...

.tp_shoutavatar2 img {
    max-width: 100% !important;
}

jsx

Quote from: tinoest on February 13, 2023, 07:00:45 AMWithout knowing what your website is I am not sure how we can help you further?

I understand it Tino, but I was surprised to see the same thing on the new, clean forum. But rjen figured out what it was.

Quote from: @rjen on February 13, 2023, 08:17:51 AMJust had a brainwave, and perhaps you are willing to check the setting on avatars in your forum:
"If the avatar is too large"

I am guessing you have set it to 'resize in the users' browser'
Try changing that to: Download and resize on the server?

You're right, I changed it to "Download and resize it on the server" and now the avatar looks fine.

Quote from: @rjen on February 13, 2023, 08:17:51 AMIf that is indeed the case, and you are not willing to change the setting,  then the only solution is have is changing the css code to this...

Thanks for your help, this code now works fine if I set "Resize it in the users' browser" again.

.tp_shoutavatar2 img {
    max-width: 100% !important;
}

Guys, I'd like to reiterate my two questions:

Can I change the size of the display field for additional emoticons?

Is it possible to implement a clickable image? After adding the image to the shoutbox, the image is displayed in a reduced size and that's fine, but can't click on it to open it in full size.

@rjen

Quote from: jsx on February 13, 2023, 09:36:26 AMCan I change the size of the display field for additional emoticons?

Is it possible to implement a clickable image? After adding the image to the shoutbox, the image is displayed in a reduced size and that's fine, but can't click on it to open it in full size.

item 1: probably, but you will have to do it yourself.

Target this element with css:
id="expandHeaderSmiley_1"

item 2: we will not change images in the shoutbox to be clickable and expand....

jsx

Quote from: @rjen on February 13, 2023, 11:13:15 AMitem 1: probably, but you will have to do it yourself.

Target this element with css:
id="expandHeaderSmiley_1"

It seems that you misunderstood me. Because to extend the field in which additional emoticons are displayed, just do it in the tp-shout.css file in the "max-height" line.

.tp_shout_smileybox {
    display: inline-block;
    vertical-align: top;
    min-width:150px;
    max-height: 5.1em;
    overflow: auto;
}

Default size 5.1em:

Increased size to 150em:

And that's what I meant.

P.S. I know it doesn't matter for the action, but you have some codes entered without spaces:

.tp_shout_smileybox {
    max-height: 5.1em;
    overflow: auto;
}

.tp_shout_bbcbox {
}

I just noticed that and wanted to mention it.

Quote from: @rjen on February 13, 2023, 11:13:15 AMitem 2: we will not change images in the shoutbox to be clickable and expand....

I understand this won't be a default feature, but can you help me implement it for me?

@rjen

Quote from: jsx on February 15, 2023, 11:20:36 AM
Quote from: @rjen on February 13, 2023, 11:13:15 AMitem 2: we will not change images in the shoutbox to be clickable and expand....

I understand this won't be a default feature, but can you help me implement it for me?

I checked the question, and if it was simple I would have implemented it. The way I see it, what you want is requiring a JavaScript solution. I am not good with that, so I cannot help you. Perhaps someone else is willing to hint a solution: I would consider to make it standard...

jsx

Hi rjen, I understand. Thanks for the clarification. It would be nice if someone savvy in this could help implement it.

Thanks again to the TinyPortal team for development this shoutbox.

thatjustit

I got "syntax error" after trying to install it on SMF 2.0.19, how do I investigate what's wrong?

@rjen

You can start with specifying the details: what TinyPortal version are you installing, what is the full error message and at what point in the install process do you get it; before, during, after..,?

Please give us as much details as possible.

DeadMan...

I have TP running on a site that is private at the moment.
However, the only issue I'm having is a general one, so a link would not be needed anyways.

How do I disable allowing the panels from being hid?
I notice that can set blocks to be able to be collapsed, but not finding the setting for panels not to be able to be collapsed.

You cannot view this attachment.
I tell it how I see it... Don't like it? Hit Alt+F4!

lurkalot

Quote from: DeadMan... on February 24, 2023, 08:35:26 PMHow do I disable allowing the panels from being hid?

TinyPortal Admin > Settings >>  Uncheck the box next to > Allow the panels to be collapsed

And save.

DeadMan...

Quote from: lurkalot on February 24, 2023, 09:11:38 PMTinyPortal Admin > Settings >>  Uncheck the box next to > Allow the panels to be collapsed

And save.

Thank you.
Somehow, I missed it. More likely lack of sleep. LOL
I tell it how I see it... Don't like it? Hit Alt+F4!

Advertisement: