News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

ed2k links support

Started by Mindstorm, February 12, 2005, 04:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qahlel

ufuk.exe

www.34tr.com - Nostalgia Istanbul
www.jeepprojects.com - Jeep Projects

That's It Simple Machines Forum,
It just couldn't be simpler.

allumius

What's the code for post elinks please?

Mindstorm

Hey there. Thanks L.A., you must be the reason why the PMs stopped. Anyway I finally took the time to update my forum to RC2, and so here is the updated mod version. It's identical to L.A.'s, as the source hasn't changed and it was only a matter of adding the version to the XML spec.

Now let's wait for the final, shall we?

Prasad007

what exactly DOES this mod do!?!
i have no idea, and i dont even know what ed2k is!
could someone please enlighten me?
thanks!

Mindstorm

ed2k links are used by p2p file sharing programs (most notably eMule) to describe files. This way you can go to a web page, click on a link and get the file added to your ed2k client's download queue.

Prasad007

But what does that have to do with a forum and SMF ?

Mindstorm

If you post an ed2k link in html link tags such as:
ed2k://|file|3-%20Koniloes%20-%20Batatriz.mp3|759951|00CACAF386D274340DC1459CC741AEB4|
it should get hyperlinked.

In a default SMF install it does not, and that makes it hard for people to share links on a SMF forum - the only option is to post them as text and copy/paste into the ed2k client.

PS: To any moderator reading this, the file above is public domain.

pulpi

Works great in rc1.1, but can be possibl eto view the file size? and only the ed2k protocol?, like:

ed2k://|file|slackware-10.2-install-DVD.iso|2728298496|A5728E1226522E408AF04CD420E0FAAF|/

Converted to:

slackware-10.2-install-DVD.iso (2.54Gb)

Tnx!

Mindstorm

Hey there,

It it possible, sure. The second part of the link (after the name) is the file size. It's just that I don't need it, and, as much as I'd like to do it for the rest of you, I really don't know a thing about php/perl regular expressions. It's probably something (the basics) that can be learnt in 30 minutes, but at this time I don't have the time to do it. As I noted from the beginning this was just meant to allow me to post standard links in SMF, nothing else.

If (and it's a big if) I can get some time (maybe after this term's exams), I might try to turn this into something useful, eg. catching ed2ks not in html link tags and presenting the file size. But please don't get your hopes up, I'm not promising anything.

pulpi

Okay, anyway tnx for the answer.

Keep good work

FrEaK@ZoiD !!!

Don´t work in SMF 1.1 RC2...

There´s any config to do before?
Or i just have to put the ed2k link to be hyperlinked?

regards

FrEaK@ZoiD !!!

I made it works.
But the mod don´t clean the code after the first "|"...

the link appears like that:
ed2k://|file|blablabla%20Manual.zip|477647534|dd047dd335974016d37d7d7dd1dd42dd|/

Can we improve this mod to show an emule icon before the link and file size (like 466Mb) after the link?

Another good improvement would be one link where adds all ed2k links posted on same post.

Regards

Mindstorm

I'm not sure what the problem is.. I have it running fine on a RC2 board, but I'll look into it and update it to RC3 too.

I'll also look into the icon thingy, but the "add to emule" link would have to be done in js and I don't really feel like doing it.

Mindstorm

Ok there is now support for 1.1 RC3. I didn't find anything wrong with RC2, as I previously said it works fine for me (and a lot of users, I suppose).

Anyway, this new version adds support for stand-alone links (that is, links not enclosed in <a href> tags), but only for the 1.1 branch.

I've decided agains the icon and the size. This is meant to be a really simple mod, so I will not add control pannel options, and that being said, I'd rather not force everyone to use an icon and a size they might not want.

rgd
Mindstorm

allumius

Please is possible update mod for 1.1.1 version?

Mindstorm

allumius

thanks
And.... It is possible to add a button like them of insert youtube, insert flash, insert images.......

And Is it possible to post the elink so that the name appears and the elink remains secret? In the same way as it happens with the url-link in this example:

QuoteSIMPLEMACHINES

Sorry but my english is very bad

Advertisement: