News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Test Site says copyright not there, when it is...

Started by Burke ♞ Knight, December 05, 2008, 05:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burke ♞ Knight

I am working on a test site, in order to re-make another site.
It now says:
QuoteSorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.
Not sure why this message is appearing? Take a look at some common causes.

However, it is in the template file:

// Show the "Powered by" and "Valid" logos, as well as the copyright. Remember, the copyright must be somewhere!
echo '
<div id="footerarea" style="padding-top:0px;" class="headerpadding topmargin clearfix">
                <div>', !empty($settings['custom_copyright']) ? '<span class="smalltext">'. parse_bbc($settings['custom_copyright']). '</span>' : '', '</div>
<ul class="smalltext"><li class="copywrite">', theme_copyright(), '</li>
<li><a id="button_xhtml" href="http://validator.w3.org/check/referer" target="_blank" class="new_win" title="', $txt['valid_html'], '"><span>XHTML</span></a></li>
<li><a id="button_rss" href="', $scripturl , '?type=rss;action=.xml" class="new_win"><span>RSS</span></a></li>
<li class="last"><a id="button_wap2" href="', $scripturl , '?wap2" class="new_win"><span>WAP2</span></a></li>
</ul>';

This happened a few times yesterday, then it cleared up on it's own. Now, just as I'm about to go live with it, replacing the original, it's doing it again.

Any ideas why it would say the copyright is not there, when it clearly is?

Oldiesmann

Try re-uploading Sources/Subs.php and Themes/default/languages/index.english.php
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Burke ♞ Knight

I don't have backups of after mods were done, as the test site has different mods.

However, I think I'll just start from scratch on a new test site. After all, the theme used on the test site is now basically  no good.

I was mainly wondering what could cause it, and I bet it may have been a mod that went in bad.

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: