OS & Browser Detection (version 1.5 is out) [20. 09. 2010.]

Started by Branko., December 06, 2008, 05:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dharshan

R I P  : Steve Jobs | you made the world today look how it is | Thank you

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Ok. Now I get it. It must be the line its modify and add inside Display.template.php then. Yeah, I also think this should be updated.

cieplutki

I mean, instead of using $settings['images_url'] (path to the images folder inside your particular Theme) why not use $settings['default_images_url'] (path to the images folder inside the default Theme)?

So the solution is to open the files modification.xml and modification_smf1.xml, find inside them every variable:

$settings['images_url']

(They appear 4 times in each file)

And replace them with:

$settings['default_images_url']

yes it's work fine on smf 2.0 RC3
update mod on attachments

You are really fast cieplutki. Consider taking over this mod please!  :D And thanks again for all the "working" updates.

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: cieplutki on September 19, 2010, 02:32:45 PM
yes it's work fine on smf 2.0 RC3
update mod on attachments

It works also in SMF 1.1.11
I have checked it.

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

X3mE

Ok people, I'm sorry I was absent, but I didn't have time for SMF due to many obligations IRL.

Thank you all for your comments and contributions, and finally we have an official new version!

Here's the changelog:

* version 1.5 (20. 09. 2010.)
- Added SMF 2.0 RC3 compatibility (thanks to everyone in the support topic who posted their comments, especially cieplutki & snoopy_virtual), not working with earlier SMF 2.0 branch anymore, use 1.4 instead!
- Updated the base detection engine for new releases of browsers and operating systems
- Spanish translation updated (thanks to snoopy_virtual)
- Russian translation added (thanks to Gladman)
- Turkish translation added (thanks to ოկtђ)
- Thai translation added (thanks to Rid-rop)
- Italian translation added (thanks to CrazyHorse80)

Feedback is always appreciated, even if it takes some time for me to read it :)

I hope I will update my other mods soon, and add some new ones I've been planing for a while.
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is - never try.

My mods:
OS & Browser Detection (1.5 is out!) | Skype Profile Field | GTalk Profile Field | AllCaps Blocker | SMF Syntax Highlighter (Beta) + 2 in development!

Personal websites:
Mobilize.rs (and forum) | Lolmao.info

snoopy_virtual

I have done another small modification.

I am always very paranoid with the security, always watching for hackers trying to do something on my webs, spammers attacking my forums, etc, so I was watching today in one of my forums the page "Who's online", tracking a couple of suspicious visitors to see what they were doing on the forum, and then I thought: "It's a pity I cannot see also what OS & Browser they have, as I can see now every time somebody post anything."

And then I thought: "Why not? With the mod OS & Browser Detection installed I already have all the tools I need, I only need to add a few lines to the file Who.template.php to be able to see that."

OK, it's very nice to see in every post the OS & Browser the poster was using, but it's even more useful to see the OS & Browser every visitor has even if they are not posting anything.

Also, as the page "Who's online" is changing all the time, displaying only the visitors on-line every time we watch it, there is no need to add anything to the database. We just need a few lines of code to parse the user agent and display the detected info.

I have done a new package (attached) with the version number 1.4.1

==========================

OK, I was just writing this when suddenly I saw X3mE has published his version 1.5

So suddenly my package is already obsolete.

Anyway, I leave it here so you can see the changes I have done and apply them to the mod if you want, beacuse thay are not in version 1.5

The new changes are inside the files modification.xml and modification_smf1.xml. All the final part from:

<file name="$themedir/Who.template.php">

Now I will need to download the new version 1.5 and check it out  ;)

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

Cal O'Shaw

Perhaps X3mE will find your work interesting enough to integrate?

Quote from: X3mE on September 19, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
Ok people, I'm sorry I was absent, but I didn't have time for SMF due to many obligations IRL.

Thank you all for your comments and contributions, and finally we have an official new version!

Here's the changelog:

* version 1.5 (20. 09. 2010.)
- Added SMF 2.0 RC3 compatibility (thanks to everyone in the support topic who posted their comments, especially cieplutki & snoopy_virtual), not working with earlier SMF 2.0 branch anymore, use 1.4 instead!
- Updated the base detection engine for new releases of browsers and operating systems
- Spanish translation updated (thanks to snoopy_virtual)
- Russian translation added (thanks to Gladman)
- Turkish translation added (thanks to ოկtђ)
- Thai translation added (thanks to Rid-rop)
- Italian translation added (thanks to CrazyHorse80)

Feedback is always appreciated, even if it takes some time for me to read it :)

I hope I will update my other mods soon, and add some new ones I've been planing for a while.
Have you included all the updates made by cieplutki & snoopy_virtual? I haven't tried your new one yet but surely will do soon.

By the way, are you still using the old icons (which is of different height) or the new that I posted somewhere in the few pages back. I really don't like it being of different height as it looks ugly.

X3mE

Quote from: Cal O'Shaw on September 20, 2010, 03:09:52 AM
Perhaps X3mE will find your work interesting enough to integrate?

I will have a look. Maybe I'll integrate it, maybe it could be a standalone addon? I suppose not all forum owners would like something like that. Anyway I'll give it a thought.

Quote from: ahrasis on September 20, 2010, 05:15:36 AM
Have you included all the updates made by cieplutki & snoopy_virtual? I haven't tried your new one yet but surely will do soon.

By the way, are you still using the old icons (which is of different height) or the new that I posted somewhere in the few pages back. I really don't like it being of different height as it looks ugly.

Yes, I've revised all comments and attachments posted here and changed the code accordingly.

But I've missed the new icons. Haven't changed anything there. I'll give it a look. Thanks ;)
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is - never try.

My mods:
OS & Browser Detection (1.5 is out!) | Skype Profile Field | GTalk Profile Field | AllCaps Blocker | SMF Syntax Highlighter (Beta) + 2 in development!

Personal websites:
Mobilize.rs (and forum) | Lolmao.info

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: X3mE on September 20, 2010, 07:47:46 AM
I will have a look. Maybe I'll integrate it, maybe it could be a standalone addon? I suppose not all forum owners would like something like that. Anyway I'll give it a thought.

It's up to you. Just let me know what you are doing.

If you are not using it I will consider to release it as a standalone mod, but I'm not sure about it, because just for a few new lines of code I would need to include in it again the file os_browser_detection.php plus the folder with all the icons, the language files, etc. Too many repeated files maybe.  ;)

Dharshan

well done all. :)

and thanks snoopy_virtual for adding in the extra code....

and check what i got scanning my guests... (whose online list)

you have a IE 5.5  :o and a Windows NT4  :o
R I P  : Steve Jobs | you made the world today look how it is | Thank you

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: Dharshan on September 20, 2010, 09:06:47 AM
well done all. :)
you have a IE 5.5  :o and a Windows NT4  :o

That must be somebody else.

I have Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 and Firefox 3.6.10  ;D

roonekoos

The mod is not working on my forum, test forum works fine but on my live forum I have more mod's installed.

I had to do manual add on the file Subs-Post.php , all other files were installed fine.
I see the admin options and all seems fine but I don't see anything added with new posts.
Error log don't show anything eighter.

I hope somebody can help me out.
German Shepherd Forum (Dutch)
http://duitseherderforum.com/

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: roonekoos on September 21, 2010, 10:35:33 AM
The mod is not working on my forum, test forum works fine but on my live forum I have more mod's installed.

I had to do manual add on the file Subs-Post.php , all other files were installed fine.
I see the admin options and all seems fine but I don't see anything added with new posts.

Check if you have the file Display.template.php inside the Theme you are using.

If you have you will need to edit it manually, because the mod's installer only edit the default Theme.

roonekoos

Quote from: snoopy_virtual on September 21, 2010, 11:18:58 AM
Quote from: roonekoos on September 21, 2010, 10:35:33 AM

Check if you have the file Display.template.php inside the Theme you are using.

If you have you will need to edit it manually, because the mod's installer only edit the default Theme.

On my test forum it works fine with the same theme I use on my live forum.
That theme is pro curve , display.template.php from default is used by this theme
German Shepherd Forum (Dutch)
http://duitseherderforum.com/

-=[Vyorel]=-

Romanian translate:

$txt['OS_Browser_Compatible'] = 'compatibil';
$txt['OS_Browser_OS'] = 'Sistem de Operare';
$txt['OS_Browser_Unknown'] = 'Necunoscut';
$txt['OS_Browser_Browser'] = 'Browser';
$txt['permissiongroup_simple_view_os_browser'] = 'Vizualizeaza detectat OS & Browser in mesajele postate';
$txt['permissionname_view_os_browser'] = 'Vizualizeaza detectat OS & Browser in mesajele postate';
$txt['permissionhelp_view_os_browser'] = 'Daca este activat, membrul va vedea detectat OS & Browser in fiecare mesaj postat, daca sunt detectate.';
My mods for SMF - [6].

uninvited13th

help..

can you make other install.php?

cos when i run it it says hacking attempt..

im using smf 2.0rc3

~Dragon~

Quote from: snoopy_virtual on September 17, 2010, 01:31:49 PM
Quote from: smithtr on September 14, 2010, 06:09:10 PM
Database Error: Table 'smithtr_v3.messages' doesn't existFile: /home/xxxx/public_html/Packages/temp/install.php
Line: 19

tell me about to problem! I have database?
where is tell me not work

Doesn't work?

but I wonder? stranger? i am not sure aware how install.php?? code?

Thank ASAP

Hi smithtr,

I was talking today with your friend Dharshan. He asked me for help with this issue you have here.

I have been thinking about it all afternoon and I think I have found the solution:

This mod is not compatible with SMF 2.0 RC3 and it needs a few changes in it.

The problem is the mod creator X3mE apparently has not been very active in SMF during the last year.

I have sent him a PM anyway telling him what changes I think need to be done, because it is his mod, so I think is him who is supposed to do a new version if he consider it necessary, but if he doesn't answer in a couple of days I can do a new version myself and publish it here.

We will see.

I have successfully! I have work my mod is very work successfully I have solve mark!
cheer
successfully work mod
Please do not PM or email, Thank respond please post fast to SMF!

coldy316

Maybe i'm having the problem or the mod is having a problem.

I'm running windows 7 the mod detects that fine but not the browser. its reading the browser
as windows ie 7 when its not ie 7. matter of fact i'm using IE8 how can i fix this slight problem

I'm running smf 2.rc3 forum software with default curve

Would you believe it that i live in gods country
Australia

Advertisement: