News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Performance problems - solved

Started by jellie, February 04, 2009, 12:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jellie

Yes I did that bit right away and checked and yes they definitely all moved.

Thanks for your suggestions :)

The access issue seems to have been resolved by deleting all the old wordpress, joomla etc databases so if 97% memory usage is normal then I think I'll call it resolved unless something else crops up!

Thanks for all the help :)

Tyrsson

Your very welcome and if you have any problems feel free to post them :)
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

jellie

Just a quick question....I just did a backup and noticed that it was 8.77MB compared to 2.59MB the day before.

Doesn't bother me what the size is, I'm just intrigued as to why it would change so dramatically when for almost three years we've sat around 2MB.

I created the custom avatar directory and disabled host lookups....that's about all I changed from memory. I also installed a random quotes mod. Can't see any of that making such a difference though.

Tyrsson

PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

jellie

No, both compressed. I'll open up todays and yesterdays after dinner and see if I can see what is different.

jellie

After checking and triple checking, the 'Compress the file with gzip' is definitely ticked on yet it is definitely not compressing.

I unchecked the option to compress and it downloads as 8.77MB and when I tick it on to compress it still downloads as 8.77MB.

I'd blame it on upgrading to 1.1.8 but I did the backup right before I did the upgrade ;)

jellie

Weird, today it is compressing normally.

I did it several times on Friday to make sure I wasn't just going crazy, and sure enough every time it downloaded 8.77MB despite having compression ticked on.

Today it was 2.7MB so I'll put it down to a hiccup in the system   :)

Advertisement: