Firefox Search Plugin for here!

Started by Trekkie101, February 15, 2005, 01:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenigata

Quote from: Trekkie101 on August 03, 2005, 06:44:39 PM
Yeah open the .src file, change the URL, done :)

Where can i find the .src file?

Thanks

Trekkie101

C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/searchplugins/smf.src

:)

Alexandre P.

Works great !  If you see no problem (I guess no, seeing the answer you gave to ArkServer ;)), I'll adapt it for my site.  This is really helpful !
Aucun support par M.P., courriel ou messagerie instantanée / No support by P.M., email or I.M.

Trekkie101

Quote from: Alexandre P. on August 06, 2005, 07:04:58 PM
Works great !  If you see no problem (I guess no, seeing the answer you gave to ArkServer ;)), I'll adapt it for my site.  This is really helpful !

Theres not a problem what so ever. I didnt really think anyone would find it that useful.
Although ill identify a problem youll maybe have, make sure to update the second location for your specific version, or in 30 days it'll call my site for its anual update, and then your members will get my code which searches here instead of your site.

Alexandre P.

Aucun support par M.P., courriel ou messagerie instantanée / No support by P.M., email or I.M.

Trekkie101

Quote from: Alexandre P. on August 06, 2005, 08:23:03 PM
Thanks for the info ;)
Never thought about it myself, until the smf.src file started being hit the other day, then I realised why.

shirishag75

Hi trekkie,
              thanx first of all for the plugin. Would also do the same for a site where I'm a member the only thing is the *.png icon which in u'r case goes to the same site from where we downloaded this one. Possible to package it with the plug-in or something like this. Let me say I'm not a programmer just a user but of-late do some little tweaking around.
Shirish Agarwal
      Life is a dream Enjoy it!

choco

Does any one have a another link for this

Gargoyle

I would love to use this but I cannot download it ? Can you e-mail it to me trekkie ??

ExistenZ

the download link thingy doesn't work...but i cannot wait to add it to firefox.
Regards,
Andre

Anakin_holland

Just noticed this thread... Would be great to add this to my firefox! :P And even better to add this to my website! 8)

Pretty Please!?

Trekkie101

Sorry, really sorry guys!

http://www.ihsezine.com/trekkie/smf.htm - that should be it now

Sorry again!

But its fixed :)

~Trekkie

Gargoyle

ExistenZ

Regards,
Andre

Anakin_holland

Thank you! Just tested it, but (and maybe I overlooked something obvious?) this might only work in Windows...?

It just won't install when I use Linux? I Should mention however I can't take at a look at any page source whatsoever, so it might as well just be a cripple install on my end?

Greetz!

Anakin

Trekkie101

Quote from: Anakin_holland on October 08, 2005, 01:24:07 PM
Thank you! Just tested it, but (and maybe I overlooked something obvious?) this might only work in Windows...?

It just won't install when I use Linux? I Should mention however I can't take at a look at any page source whatsoever, so it might as well just be a cripple install on my end?

Greetz!

Anakin

Should work cross platform, does for me. What version of Firefox are you using, and try a stock stable release from mozilla (1.0.7) and tell me if that doesnt work.

Anakin_holland

Quote from: Trekkie101 on October 08, 2005, 01:28:41 PM
Should work cross platform, does for me. What version of Firefox are you using, and try a stock stable release from mozilla (1.0.7) and tell me if that doesnt work.

Will try lateron. Have installed 1.0.6, updated to 1.0.7 with 4 extensions:

• User Agent Switcher
  • Dictionary search
  • Auto copy
  • HTML Validator
I have the same version and extensions in Windows, and that does work. I will give it a try lateron, or maybe tomorrow!

Anakin

Trekkie101

Quick update,

To ensure future access to the plugin, oldiesmann is now very kindly hosting it.

http://smf.oldiesmann.us/smf.htm

So thats where it'll be in future :)

Edit - you spelled my name wrong :P

forsakenlad

Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

anna.young

Very neat, perfect shortcut, thank you.  Still, 'stress on the server' stops you in exactly the same way.

Somebody with the script to override this message could make a fortune...  ;) (jk)

Anna
Toronto German Shepherd Dog Rescue

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." (SJ)

Advertisement: