Issues with Internet Explorer and registering new accounts via bridge.

Started by Rhezdek, December 15, 2008, 05:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhezdek

Hello,

I am using Mambo 4.6.5, SMF 1.1.5, and bridge ver. 1.1.2, and I am using the "Bridge Registration" for user registration purposes.

So far, in Firefox and Mozilla, the bridge works fine, as far this registration is concerned.  But, for some reason, in Internet Explorer 7, when I try a test registration and click the "Send Registration" button, nothing happens.   The page does not change, and the user is never created, as if the form is never submitted.  The page just stays static - this is an issue that is not apparent in other browses that I have tested.

I researched for any possible resolutions on this forum but didn't see anything related to it.  Does anyone happen to have a possible idea or fix for this issue?

Also, the current default SMF theme, when wrapped in Mambo, misaligns in IE7 as well.  In Firefox, it appears great, but in IE, it simply appears out of frame, as if the forum parameters are too wide for the wrapper.

Any idea for this issue as well?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

~Rhezdek

H

Welcome to SMF and sorry for the late response.

Do you still require assistance with this?
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Kindred

well, I don't know about your IE7 reg problems...  but the wrapping problem is due to the mambo theme that you have chosen...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: