Post and Change as Alternate User by BurkeKnight Enterprises

Started by Burke ♞ Knight, December 18, 2008, 12:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garou

TheDeath updated it for 2.0 with the intention that BK will update his files.

Several months back BK asked me to come to his site and work on it as part of his team as I had been in contact with SiNaN about taking it over when he officially gave the two mods up but gave them to BK instead, I declined. Other then that there has been no official word that BK was giving them/it up.

Edit: I did some research and it looks like BK's site has been suspended for some reason and the other sites Ive known him to be associated with, he hasn't logged into since February either. I'm not sure what that means for the future of this mod or his others.  :-\

C4G-TK

Well on a side note, I hope he/she is well.

-img removed-

TheDeath

Quote from: C4G-TK on June 28, 2009, 10:38:55 PM
Has someone taken over this mod?  I see that the mod author was last active Feb. 2009 from the original post profile and the other account later on in the thread.

That was the reason why I've changed self and there are a lot more mods which do not go for SMF2.0.

C4G-TK

I saw your post and will try out the update today.

I asked the question because I like to have a print out of the parse for my specific edition of SMF.  I do this for every mod that I install.  I'll just print out the xml file or something.  (I know... I'm kinda anal like that.)  Also, I like to know if something is still being supported by the author or not.  That's all.

Thanks for the update to the mod.  I'll try it since it was a mod that I had on a previous 1.1.X site, but have waited for an update for 2.0.  Thanks again!

-img removed-

akbora

SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

TheDeath

I show in my crystal ball but i can't see your error.  :o

akbora

I will change but no code in it....
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

TheDeath

I can not help you, when you not write code or the error message.

akbora

Sorry I have mistake...

soruce/post.php

I have changed it but there is an error :

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSE in /vhosts/mysite.com/http/Sources/Post.php on line 1879
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

akbora

SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

Groundhog

Thanks TheDeath

It works good for my  8)

SMF 2.0 RC1

TheDeath

Quote from: akbora on June 29, 2009, 03:33:03 PM
Sorry I have mistake...

soruce/post.php

I have changed it but there is an error :

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSE in /vhosts/mysite.com/http/Sources/Post.php on line 1879

You have all copy and paste ;).
You can found the repair post.php in attachment.

akbora

Wooouwwwwww!!!!! Thanks thansk wonderful!!! Thank you billion times....

Very very useful mod and we need it really...
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

TheDeath

No problem  8).

You're right, it's a really good mod

Cal O'Shaw

I'd like to switch to this MOD, but I have the two original MODs on my system and they've been removed from this site so I can't manually extract them (helps to know what to take out).  And posts to the original topics have not gotten a response.

*sospiro*

Cal

TheDeath

I can try to help you.

I need the files from your mod's and the files which the mod's have changed.

What version of SMF have you?

Cal O'Shaw

I'm on 1.1.9.  I'll see about running the uninstall on my site to see what files fail.  I think it's just one php file that's having problems uninstalling.

Will attach tonight (GMT-7).

Grazie!

Cal

Garou

http://sleepycode.com/PackageParser/index.php go to this site and upload the package you have on your server and it will tell you what code you need to change. On a side note it usually best to uninstall mods before upgrading smf.

Cal O'Shaw

Garou,

Thanks.  I looked at that, trying each MOD separately.  However, merging [Sinan]'s two MODs manually, I managed to merge the code so uninstalling requires a bit more surgery than I'm comfortable with.  I've had no problem, when trying to add a MOD, of using the parser on the MOD page to locate the string it wants and moving code around manually so that the install works.  In this case, so much of the code overlapped it's not easy to pull apart at my level of php (PL/1 or REXX would be another matter entirely ;) ).

TheDeath,
So, I'm going to attach my two MODs and my Post.template.php and perhaps the code from the two MODs can be extracted.  I can then run the uninstalls, ignore the errors for Post.template.php, and then replace Post.template.php with a clean version so I can install this MOD.

Many thanks all around.

Cal

Garou

Cal O'Shaw, at line 591
Find...
</tr>' : '';
if (allowedto('reply_alternate'))
{
echo ' <tr>
<td class="smalltext"><label for="check_postasforumstaff"><input type="checkbox" name="postasforumstaff" id="postasforumstaff" value="1" class="check" /> '.$txt['adminscanpostasaltuser'].'</label></td>
<td class="smalltext"><label for="text_staffid">'.$txt['adminscanpostasaltuserid'].': <input type="text" name="staffid" id="staffid" size="5" /></label></td> </tr>
<tr>
<td class="smalltext"><label for="check_changeposterid"><input type="checkbox" name="changeposterid" id="changeposterid" value="1" class="check" /> '.$txt['changeposterid'].'</label></td>
<td class="smalltext"><label for="text_changeposteridno">'.$txt['changeposteridno'].': <input type="text" name="changeposteridno" id="changeposteridno" size="5" /></label></td>
</tr>';
}
echo ' </table>
</div>
</td>
</tr>';

Replace with...
</tr>' : '', '
</table>
</div>
</td>
</tr>';

That will remove the mods  from that file. If you have problems with any other files let me know.

Advertisement: