Can someone please fix the default style sheet

Started by riker, December 18, 2008, 11:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riker

As the title says really.  The default style sheet needs fixing and SMF haven't helped anyone out.

This is what I need fixing :)

ThorstenE

this is a known bug in SMF 2.0B4

a temporary fix:
edit the Display.template.php and find:
<div class="smalltext">&#171; <strong>', !empty($message['counter']) ? $txt['reply_noun'] . ' #' . $message['counter'] : '', ' ', $txt['on'], ':</strong> ', $message['time'], ' &#187;</div>
<div id="msg_', $message['id'], '_quick_mod"></div>

replace it with

<div class="smalltext">&#171; <strong>', !empty($message['counter']) ? $txt['reply_noun'] . ' #' . $message['counter'] : '', ' ', $txt['on'], ':</strong> ', $message['time'], ' &#187;</div>
<br /><div id="msg_', $message['id'], '_quick_mod"></div>

riker

Thanks but I've not been able to find those things to replace in that file.  Also I know it's the stylesheet that fixes it because I've tried one from the other themes (beta4 themes) but of course the colours were all wrong.  It would be very nice of SMF to release a working fix for this until they get around to releasing RC

riker

This is a stylesheet that fixes the overlapping text menus but the colours are still screwed because it's from another theme.  Can anyone fix this for the default ?

Tyrsson

PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Tyrsson

Tyrsson

Maybe its just because I am very tired but I do not see this "exact" code in this file either...

Do you have mods installed that may have edited this file?

sherpa サイバー侍

your display.template.php is version: 2.0 Beta 3 Public that is the resion why Tyrsson and you was unable to find those line

riker

Quote from: sherpa サイバー侍 on December 19, 2008, 06:43:13 AM
your display.template.php is version: 2.0 Beta 3 Public that is the resion why Tyrsson and you was unable to find those line

Thanks I thought that was strange myself as I deleted the most of the old installation before upgrading including the theme  :o

sherpa サイバー侍

rename that file for something and repalce file from Beta 4 and see if it make any change.
before doing it uninstall all the mod and reinstall later

riker

Quote from: sherpa サイバー侍 on December 19, 2008, 12:16:08 PM
rename that file for something and repalce file from Beta 4 and see if it make any change.
before doing it uninstall all the mod and reinstall later

Right done all that and it's fixed the text but everytime someone posts this comes up in the error log,

Quoteforum/index.php?topic=753.new 
8: Undefined index: reply_noun
File: /home/tvlicen1/public_html/forum/Themes/default/Display.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 372 

I've now put the original screwed up Beta4 version back on before the edits which is attached.  I still say this would be easier if SMF just gave beta 4 users a working fix!

SlammedDime

Make the edit above, only replace 'reply_noun' with 'reply'
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Tyrsson

Advertisement: