News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Warning system and posting area questions

Started by Blind Bandit, December 22, 2008, 04:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blind Bandit

Hello,

I've been testing SMF 2 and I have a few questions.

First for the warnings is it possible to set the warning to display only for the member effected and the staff.  I don't want members unaffected to see the warning bar.

In the member profile of the person warned.  The warning dosen't show up for the member only a staffer.  Can I set it so in the profile it shows up?

Is it possible to change the warnings to a bar and a percentage?  Similar to how they look when you issue them instead of the small graphics that are used.

Finally on the post area is there a way to expand the space with out doing so manually ever time?  For instance making the post area longer, or expanding it?

Thank you,

BB

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Blind Bandit on December 22, 2008, 04:25:02 AM
Hello,

I've been testing SMF 2 and I have a few questions.

First for the warnings is it possible to set the warning to display only for the member effected and the staff.  I don't want members unaffected to see the warning bar.

In the member profile of the person warned.  The warning dosen't show up for the member only a staffer.  Can I set it so in the profile it shows up?

Is it possible to change the warnings to a bar and a percentage?  Similar to how they look when you issue them instead of the small graphics that are used.

Finally on the post area is there a way to expand the space with out doing so manually ever time?  For instance making the post area longer, or expanding it?

Thank you,

BB

1. In their profile, the warning section will not be accessible unless they've been warned, or they have permission to issue warnings. There is an option in the warning settings area (Admin -> Security and Moderation -> Moderation) to show the warning status to all users, but this is not enabled by default.

2. Themes/default/Profile.template.php

Find
Code (Line 144) Select
if ($context['can_issue_warning'] && !$context['user']['is_owner'] && $context['member']['warning'])

Replace
if (($context['can_issue_warning'] || $context['user']['is_owner']) && $context['member']['warning'])

3. Yes, but I'm not sure exactly what needs to be done to make that change.

4. Yes. See my post at http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?msg=1850489 for instructions.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Blind Bandit

Thanks for help olds. 

Have a merry christmas  :)

Advertisement: