Stop Spammer

Started by M-DVD, December 31, 2008, 07:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Living Donor

Like iwords, I installed the latest version of Stop Spammer into SMF 1.1.13 and received a similar error message but different line number:

8: Undefined index: stopspammer_faildb_sub
File: /home/content/57/zzzzzzz/html/forum/Themes/default/Register.template.php (admin_settings sub template - eval?)
Line: 532

Other than this message in the Forum Error Log, everything seems to be functioning correctly. Any reason I should be concerned?

Wizzlefits

First install Disable Template Eval
This will allow 1.1.13 to show the real error.
Clear you error log and and try to reproduce the error and post it here.

I've also noticed there is a small bug in the html.... checking on that now.

smitch6

is this going to be available for RC5 please :)
Friendly, reliable web hosting at affordable prices
www.normanboatforum.co.uk l www.PatTesterSuffolk.co.uk

bugstomper

I just installed the latest (2.3.9) Stop Spam on a forum running SMF 1..13. I get this in the error logs whenever I check members.

8: Undefined index: id
File: [...]/Sources/ManageMembers.php
Line: 736

The comments in the code in ManageMembers says it is checking that you are not reporting yourself. It uses $user_info['id'] which does not exist. It appears that you should be checking the global variable $ID_MEMBER instead. You can see what is actually put in $user_info in Load.php.  Is that something that was removed from the $user_info array in or before 1.1.13?

sharingsunshine

To Wizzlefits,

I realized that the package manager hadn't changed the code correctly.  I was on 2.3 going to 2.3.9 and it was probably too big of a jump for it.  Consequently, changing out all the code by hand has fixed the problem.

Thanks again for the offer of help.

Randal
"The Herbs Place" for People and Pets
Supplements, Herbs, Pet Foods, and More!
http://www.theherbsplace.com

bugstomper

I customize my registration template as part of an antispam measure, among other things changing the form element names from 'user' and 'email' to something else, and modifying the setting of the $regOptions array in Register.php to refer to the changed $_POST indices.

This breaks Stop Spam where in Register.php immediately after the initialization of $regOptions is the following code:

require_once($sourcedir . '/StopSpammer.php');
    if ($regOptions['spammer'] = checkDBSpammer($user_info['ip'], $_POST['user'], $_POST['email']))

In the interest of making it more robust in the face of customization of the form, could you change that to say

require_once($sourcedir . '/StopSpammer.php');
    if ($regOptions['spammer'] = checkDBSpammer($user_info['ip'], $regOptions['username'], $regOptions['email']))

which does the same thing?

Wizzlefits

When Snoopy gets back I'm sure he'll be doing some updating. Although, being offline for 2 weeks... he'll prolly be busier than a one arm paper hanger. ;)

smitch6

it actually works on Rc5 anyway
i read somewhere on here that there's not a lot of changes between 4 and 5 so thought i'd give it a go
and hey presto everything works :)

Mayhem30

This mod was updated on the 16th - what was changed?

Deadairdave

Wi
Quote from: smitch6 on February 17, 2011, 01:48:33 PM
i read somewhere on here that there's not a lot of changes between 4 and 5 so thought i'd give it a go

Will it load with RC5, or is it advisable to go to the 'advanced' tab on 'packages' and change the 'Emulate Version' to install on RC4?  ...and will that even work, as it doesn't always with other mods.  Suppose it's my fault for not checking on mod updates before installing the latest SMF version, this is twice I've done this, lol!

Arantor

Deadairdave

Quote from: Deadairdave on February 21, 2011, 03:20:12 PM
Wi
Quote from: smitch6 on February 17, 2011, 01:48:33 PM

Will it load with RC5, or is it advisable to go to the 'advanced' tab on 'packages' and change the 'Emulate Version' to install on RC4?  ...and will that even work, as it doesn't always with other mods.  Suppose it's my fault for not checking on mod updates before installing the latest SMF version, this is twice I've done this, lol!

Quote from: Arantor on February 21, 2011, 03:22:23 PM
It should work, yes.

....Thanks Arantor, I went to packages and installed it with no problems straight onto RC5.  I didn't need to edit any files, nor change the version to RC4!!  Also, on installing, the SFS key that we used for reporting spammers was already listed in the settings section!

Dave.

EL34

Hi,
I have two 1.1.13 forums with the same mods installed.

Forum A is many years old and has been through many SMF updates. Stop spammer will not start up on this forum

Forum B is only a couple weeks old. Stop spammer is on and working fine

Stop Spammer will not start up on forum A - but it has worked in the past.
I am not sure when it stopped working?
I can check the box to enable stop spammer but it always comes back as OFF

I get the error shown in screen shot 3 below when trying to start Stop Spammer.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks

See the screen shots
Forum History -> EZBoard -> YABB -> SMF 1.1.19 -> SMF 2.0.19

snoopy_virtual

Hi

I am just back after a couple of weeks without internet so I am now updating my forums to 1.1.13 and RC5 and checking if my 2 mods are compatible with them. (It seems they are, but better to double check).

I have been reading through the posts made while I was away and I have already added to my TODO list a suggestion from bugstomper. Thank you.

I am not going to answer here all the posts, as it would be too long and it seems all the problems reported have already been sorted (BTW, thanks also to all the people sorting those problems while I wasn't here).

If any problem has not been sorted yet, please let me know.

==============

@EL34

I suppose the forum where this mod is not working must have something wrong inside the files.

If you can contact me through Skype we can take a look at it to see where is the problem, but it seems to me your best option would be to un-install all your mods, replace all the files in your forum with a fresh SMF 1.1.13 and install again all the mods.

It's a pain (I know) but without actually seeing all the files you have, I cannot tell where the problem can be.

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

busterone

Snoopy is back. I hope you don't feel overwhelmed  ;D

snoopy_virtual

Not really.

Just hundreds of things to update, thousands of emails and posts to answer ...  ;D

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

smitch6

Yes this defo works with RC5 :)

Andrew Evenstar

I have a question, the top of my forum says:

There are 2 members awaiting approval.

however, no members are waiting for approval. has anyone had this bug in regards to this add on?

Thanks.

Wizzlefits

1.- This problem only occurs when you delete from the page "View all members" a member who is waiting for approval. But it never happens if you delete this member from the page "Members waiting for approval".

So one solution to avoid this problem is to delete always the bad guys from the page "Members waiting for approval".

Storman™

Quote1.- This problem only occurs when you delete from the page "View all members" a member who is waiting for approval. But it never happens if you delete this member from the page "Members waiting for approval".

So one solution to avoid this problem is to delete always the bad guys from the page "Members waiting for approval".

I've noticed this same issue that Andrew Evenstar mentioned.

However, on my "Members waiting for Approval" page, I don't have an option to delete them, hence I do from "View all members" (this is with 1.1.12).

Advertisement: