News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Stop Spammer

Started by M-DVD, December 31, 2008, 07:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

busterone

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on September 19, 2012, 01:08:38 AM
When I do manual checks.

ALSO it's not a major addition, it should be a really tiny thing to do that works in the background.
I believe I should let snoopy look into this one.  :)

Quote from: park4bmx on September 21, 2012, 09:39:41 AM
yeah i have the mod installed for like 2 months now and it keeps sating Mod Stop Spammer is ON but there is no connection just now with Stop Forum Spam. Please try later.

iv done so many thing to try fix it.

i have contacted my host providers to ask if fsockopen is open which is.
looked for what kind of port need to be open but didn't see any.
I have tested to see if the database is used correctly.
and some more..

Im running SMF 2.0.2
usingcPanel
and the mod installs 100% with the MOD Installer.

so i came here for help :X
Have you gone to Stop Forum Spam's website and obtained an API? If so, is the API key correctly inserted in this mod's admin area.?

park4bmx

Quote from: busterone on September 21, 2012, 06:22:47 PM
Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on September 19, 2012, 01:08:38 AM
When I do manual checks.

ALSO it's not a major addition, it should be a really tiny thing to do that works in the background.
I believe I should let snoopy look into this one.  :)

yeah i have the mod installed for like 2 months now and it keeps sating Mod Stop Spammer is ON but there is no connection just now with Stop Forum Spam. Please try later.

and some more..

Im running SMF 2.0.2
usingcPanel

Have you gone to Stop Forum Spam's website and obtained an API? If so, is the API key correctly inserted in this mod's admin area.?
yes, i have inserted in the registers-settings area.
i evan made 2 API keys but no luck

busterone

If the mod is installed with no errors, and the admin area says it is on, the API is inserted, then there is the possibility that there is some restriction on your host's end, or the IP that your hosting server is residing on may be blocked for some reason. Who is your host?

snoopy_virtual

The API is only needed to report new spammers. You don't need an API if you only want to check if your visitors are spammers.

If there is a problem with the connexion with SFS server must be because something else. Cannot guess what else though.

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

park4bmx

Jade Elizabeth

So Snoopy, what do you think of my idea? :D

I installed on a forum with 16,000 members and I kid you not only 700 of them are not spam. I ended up just removing anyone who hadnt logged in in a month who had no posts just so I could go through the list checking everyone lol.

ALSO it craps out on me if I search for 30 so I had to set it to 20 a page, which was ******ty cause it gave me more pages ha ha.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on September 24, 2012, 03:52:25 AM
So Snoopy, what do you think of my idea? :D

Sorry Jade, I have no spare time just now and that change you are talking about looks like a big one.

The way this mod was done in the first place make it impossible to check more than 20 or 30 members at a time.

For that thing to work I would need to change completely the way the mod works. Or create a brand new mod.

In fact the reason why I created my other anti-spam mod httpBL was that.

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

Jade Elizabeth

I understand, just wanted your opinion :). Why can't you leave it function as is, but make it check the members one at a time every day daily maintenance is done if they havent been checked? That would just be a variable in the DB for like Is_Spammer_Checked and then it can gather 20 that arent on maint and send them? Would that be easier?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

snoopy_virtual

Actually what this mod would need is a complete re-write.

park4bmx

and some more..

Im running SMF 2.0.2
usingcPanel

yeah if someone could help me out, still tring to solve this :X

HoverClub

Quote from: Herrie on May 09, 2012, 02:13:37 AM
I'm having 1 problem though:

8: Undefined index: email
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/rwadvent/public_html/forum/Sources/Register.php
Line: 377
Does anyone have an idea on how to sort this?

Old post I know but this error also came up with me.  It's caused by someone attempting registration without an email address (or a user name).  The Stop Spammer code hook is before the email verification in SMF so throws an error.  It's easily fixed:

In Register.php, replace if ($modSettings['stopspammer_enable'])

with: if ($modSettings['stopspammer_enable'] AND regOptions['username']!='' AND regOptions['email']!='')

TourFL

Thanks HoverClub!
But did you mean

if ($modSettings['stopspammer_enable'] AND regOptions['username']!='' AND regOptions['email']!='')
If you like Fiat 500 and derived models, the SMF forum I'm helping with: www.500-126.com

HoverClub

Yep- fixed now thanks!

TourFL

Still a little bit missing to make it work, so here is the corrected line  ;)

if ($modSettings['stopspammer_enable'] && $regOptions['username'] != '' && $regOptions['email'] != '')

If you like Fiat 500 and derived models, the SMF forum I'm helping with: www.500-126.com

samscholes

When I go to Manage Members on my SMF forum the Stop Spammer information starting with "7253 Spammers blocked up until today" and the related information and buttons, shows up twice.

See screenshot.

What is going on? It doesn't appear to be installed twice. Please let me know.

SD-X

Quote from: samscholes on November 24, 2012, 07:20:42 PM
When I go to Manage Members on my SMF forum the Stop Spammer information starting with "7253 Spammers blocked up until today" and the related information and buttons, shows up twice.

See screenshot.

What is going on? It doesn't appear to be installed twice. Please let me know.
You might've installed that section for your custom theme and bugged it when you did such. Assuming it's not installed twice elsewhere, you should be able to open the file where that modification was done and just remove the doubled code.

busterone

look in ./Sources/ManageMembers.php to find the doubled code edit. 

samscholes

That worked. Thank you very much.

CBG

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before.
Can this be used on Guest area post, where a guest can make a post?
Or is it just for Registration.

Thanks
SMF version: 2.0.7

Regards,
Garry

Kindred

just for registration
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: