News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Having problems with the package manager?

Started by [Unknown], February 20, 2005, 12:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[Unknown]

You have to make Themes/default and Sources writable.

-[Unknown]

AnarchyCow

Alright I chmoded sources to 777 and Themes/Default to 777 and now im getting this error:

2: fopen(Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: /usr/www/htdocs/zircury/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1476

I tried to install a nother modification and get this error also:
2: copy(/usr/www/htdocs/zircury/Themes/default/images/bbc/edit.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: /usr/www/htdocs/zircury/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 814

lol
And the Path is still wrong!

[Unknown]

The path is coming from PHP.  More than likely, it is right and the path you were given is an alias.

Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php is not writable... Themes/default/images/bbc is not writable.  1.1 handles this better.

-[Unknown]

AnarchyCow

I chmodded Themes/Default with the box "Apply Changes to all subfolders and Files" Whice fixed the second error im not sure about the first yet I'll check it... ^_^

It fixed both errors thanks [Unknown] ^_^

truecrimson

Hello;
I've tried looking through the forum posts for this problem but gave as there are so many.  I upgraded from yabbse to SMF 1.0.4, then to 1.0.5  with no problems.  I then used the package manager to install Grudge's Specific Member Permissions mod with no problems, except that the next time I tried to return to the package manager I got a "Cannot find Server" error.  Everything else seems to be working fine, and I have made no other changes.

I'm running Win XP, fully updated, PHP 5.0.4, and the forum is runnng on local host since my DSL is down.  I posted about this several days ago in the thread for the mod but got no reply as yet.  Any help would be appreciated.

Wouldn't you like to be a Llama too?

[Unknown]

If you're getting errors which prevent you from accessing the package manager, try deleting the packages inside the Packages directory.

-[Unknown]

truecrimson

lol, knowing me it would be something that simple.  Worked like a charm.  After a little experimentation I figured out it wasn't the member permissions mod, but the pie chart mod, which hadn't even been installed.  But when the pie chart tar.gz is present the package manager doesn't load.  Thanks a bunch for the help.  I'm sure I'll be buggin you again soon about some other silly problem ;)
Wouldn't you like to be a Llama too?

nibb

My manager was working well, i did not had any more but no errors. Now i upgraded to 1.0.5 and it seems the Manager will not install things. For instance when i click and List Files for a Mod it gives a error like this:
2: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/warningv_1.21/contact.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/httpd/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs:/tmp)

All mods give the same error with diferrente name file. Safe Mode is OFF, and i have my own server so its not a host problem. I think its more that the upgrade changed a path or permission. I did a search on the forum for this error and im not the only one with this king of error.

[Unknown]

Looks like an error in the visual warning mod, I'm afraid.

-[Unknown]

nibb

No, location mod gives a similar error with a flag.png
And other mods gives the same error too.
The problem is with all mods.

Kagemaru

I got this error while trying to install some MOD:

2: fopen(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 1314 is not allowed to access /home/www/web70/html/infinitedimensions/forum/Packages/temp owned by uid 30
File: /home/www/web70/html/infinitedimensions/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1476

Then I searched the net a bit till I found this topic. I downloaded the attached file "fix_ownership.php", uploaded it to my /forum/ folder and executed it.
It asked me for the login details and after sending it I got the message that "/html/infinitedimensions/forum" would be the right path. This is what I entered before at the login details & what I use when I use FTP.

I still got that error message and tried to figure out why. After looking at the Packages folder before and after accessing it, I noticed that "wwwrun" was the owner of the TEMP folder. I couldn't change the CHMOD because of that, so I deleted that folder and recreated it over FTP and set the CHMOD to 777. After another try to install the MOD I still got the same message AND the TEMP folder was set back to "wwwrun" and "755".

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Dannii

i've found that to install packages with the SAFE MODE restriction, I need to put the correct ftp pass and path in, and then create the temp folder and set it to 777 twice. once before installing a mod, and then again after it's come up with the list of files and "SUCCESS" for all of them (hopefully), before clicking [proceed]. And that works fine :)
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Kagemaru

ok... this can't be right.

After using the fix_ownership.php file the Packages folder is set to 337... and it tells me when I try to install, that the Packages folder is write protected. And the worst... I CAN'T SET IT BACK o.O

@eldacar:
I'll try that as soon as I have the other thing fixed

[edit]
After fighting with the webFTP thing from the host, I was able to really set the Packages folder to 337. (the code appeared as 337 before, but everything was checked anyway) but that revokes the reading rights from Owner and Groups and allows everything else... is that correct? (cause it still gives me the message that Packages is not writeable ><)

--

I tried it eldacar, (it deletes the TEMP folder after every step while installing) but it still gives me the same error in the end. :(
btw... I don't get a SUCCESS for the db.php file... if that changes anything.

--

I encountered the same problem with the Themes btw. I can't install them automatically and if I do it manually the folder is created by wwwrun and I can't edit anything (but have to so I can edit it afterwards). I just copied it to another folder, deleted and renamed the new folder. Now it seems to work with the Themes.

[/edit]

Kagemaru

sorry for double posting, but this is kinda urgent ><

[Unknown]

I'm sorry, but the package manager won't work very well on most safe mode hosts.  Wait for 1.1.

-[Unknown]

Kagemaru

That's really sad... cause it's really urgent xD (as mentioned).

Well... I wrote my host and told them that they should take out safe_mode and use the other one... the base thing. I hope they answer soon.

thanks for your help anyway :)

nibb

I have safe mode off, and still doesnt work.
See my earliest post.

Garpie

nibb

Quote from: Garpie on June 30, 2005, 06:03:27 AM
I've got the same problem :(

Well it seems Garpie we are having the same problem. I have my own server so im sure everything in the config is fine, i never had problems but with this version i cant use the Pacman. Maybe if you install the 1.0.5 and see if its fixed?

[Unknown]

Nibb, I answered your question already.  I'll quote it for you:

Quote from: [Unknown] on June 25, 2005, 05:44:04 PM
Looks like an error in the visual warning mod, I'm afraid.

-[Unknown]

Your problem has nothing to do with safe mode, it has to do with this:

File(/warningv_1.21/contact.txt)

The visual warning mod *SHOULD NOT* be trying to access a file with that path.  This is an error in the visual warning mod, or in your installation of SMF.  If this error message shows for all mods, your server is broken.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: