Reference

Started by Crip, January 10, 2009, 06:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crip

i really don't know much about Aeva media , or any mods ..
I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

DrBermant

There seems to be some format errors in the administration view sections.

<div class="additional_row titlebg">
               <div style="text-align: center">1082 Spammers blocked up until today</div></div>
has the color of the bar so close to the black text that it is not visible.

There are several other instances of this problem. This menu shown was for members with a mod. The mod is not the fault as the same issue appears in error logs, the second heading with the words check all is obscured at top and bottom of the list. I think there are other examples, but that should give a good start. I think it has something to do with the css of titlebg as a common thread, but am not certain.

I have yet to see the issue outside of the administration pane so I enclose 2 image captures of one example with default theme and reference. This is 2RC5. Yes I have modified reference, but even with the default css file, the problem is still there. My modifications have been elsewhere.

Thank you for such a nice theme. Any help in fixing this minor annoyance would be greatly appreciated.

Michael Bermant, M.D.

here is the site I am asking about:

http://www.abodybeautiful.com/forum/index.php

which is an extension of my main site on Plastic Surgery:

http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com

Board Certified
American Board Plastic Surgery
Plastic Surgery Encyclopedia
A Body Beautiful Plastic Surgery Forum

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -

DrBermant

Quote from: Crip on March 13, 2011, 07:11:53 PM
Don't know Doc' ?

Sorry, I do not understand your answer. Does this happen on others sites with Reference or did I mess something up?  If this is a format problem with the css, any help possible in fixing?

Thank you,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board Plastic Surgery
Plastic Surgery Encyclopedia
A Body Beautiful Plastic Surgery Forum

MikeThePickle

Hey Crip,

I wanted to say Thank you for making these theme!  I use it on my website. www.*peoplesminecraftserver.com

Anyway, I was hoping to get a submenu under one of the tabs at the top and am having trouble.  I tried a few different mods and they didn't install correctly so I did them manually.  The problem is they're meant for the default theme and not this.

Is there a tested method for adding a submenu to one of the tabs?  Whats the best route to take?

Thanks!

Crip

--> only way really if 2.0 ?..is via Sources/Subs.php

- Abraham Lincoln -

maximumrock

Great theme Crip!!! No problems at all!

Only problem i have is when swapping out the "reference" logo with something else..  seems that search box at top right corner is blocking part of my logo.. Any way to remove that search box??

my forum is SMF 2.0 RC5
Thanks again!

Crip

css/index.css

Find and adjust ..

#logo a {
position: absolute;
top: 5px;
right: 20px;
display: block;
width: 182px; <=YOUR IMAGE WIDTH=>
height: 52px; <=YOUR IMAGE HEIGHT=>
cursor: pointer;
background: url(../images/img/logo.png) no-repeat;
}

- Abraham Lincoln -

maximumrock

Thanks! that worked.. So if i want to put any images and stuff up there, thats where i should play around in when testing?

Also if i want to remove the search bar too, is (Below) what i remove? I tried, but it made the search box white and moved it to center top area of forum..

#searcharea  {
background:url(../images/img/searchbg.png) no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
height:32px;
overflow:hidden;
position:absolute;
right:15px;
top:7.5em;
width:178px;
}
#searcharea .inputbox {
font-family: Geneva, verdana, sans-serif;
background: transparent;
color: #E3E3E3;
padding: 3px 3px 0;
border: none;
margin: 5px 0 0 10px;
width: 145px;
height: 15px;
}

Crip

that would be in the {index.template.php} Remove Search via it's <div id="searcharea">';           </ div >

- Abraham Lincoln -

maximumrock

Thanks!

But if i remove this part..... i get a parse error......Entire selection below should be removed correct?

<div id="searcharea">
<form action="', $scripturl, '?action=search2" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '">
  <input class="inputbox" type="text" name="search" value="', $txt['search'], '..." onfocus="this.value = \'\';" onblur="if(this.value==\'\') this.value=\'', $txt['search'], '...\';" /> ';

// Search within current topic?
if (!empty($context['current_topic']))
echo '
<input type="hidden" name="topic" value="', $context['current_topic'], '" />';

// If we're on a certain board, limit it to this board ;).
elseif (!empty($context['current_board']))
echo '
<input type="hidden" name="brd[', $context['current_board'], ']" value="', $context['current_board'], '" />';

echo '
</form>
</div>';

Crip

well you need to make sure about the (echo ' ) &  '; .. miss one parse error.

- Abraham Lincoln -

maximumrock

Quote from: Crip on March 23, 2011, 04:52:34 PM
well you need to make sure about the (echo ' ) &  '; .. miss one parse error.

got it! thanks..  Oh, also..... not sure if your the person to ask.. but on an older version of SMF..on the main forum page.. I used to have the option to view the last 15 or 20 posts instead of clicking a link.. is that gone completely or is there a mod/hack to get that back?

Crip

Quote from: maximumrock on March 25, 2011, 10:54:33 AM
got it! thanks..  Oh, also..... not sure if your the person to ask.. but on an older version of SMF..on the main forum page.. I used to have the option to view the last 15 or 20 posts instead of clicking a link.. is that gone completely or is there a mod/hack to get that back?

there should be yes.

- Abraham Lincoln -

ignaciolibre

Great theme Crip!
Im wondering if its possible to change the color of blue on the nav buttons .. Home, Help, Search, Admin ..etc?
Im taking over a site and wanting to change its look color wise, but the theme is a perfect fit other than the few colors I need to change.
Much appreciation.

MrGrumpy

look in your themes images folder for a folder called img, that contains an image named topnav_over.gif
the possession of knowledge is worthless unless imparted upon others
My Custom Themes
2.0 themes only - I don't do 1.1.x

ignaciolibre

Dont see it in there, Im very new at this so I will keep looking, would it be something I can edit or need to load a new one and set it to show?

MrGrumpy

what version of smf are you using, this theme has 2 versions 1.1.13 and 2.0RC5 - I was looking at the 2.0RC5 version
My Custom Themes

ignaciolibre

Sorry, I should have posted that 1.1.13 is what Im using now. New to GoDaddy as well its being moved from another host to GD and apparently they either dont allow, or havent allowed 2.0 yet?

MrGrumpy

Ok no problem, you need to look in the images folder for a folder named art (pathway would be themes/Reference12/images/art)

Inside that folder you will find the topnav_over.gif just recolour it and upload it and then clear your browser cache (Ctrl & F5 pressed together) and you will see your new coloured image
My Custom Themes

Advertisement: