My Tips for Building Active Community!

Started by alex30, January 25, 2009, 11:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nomnomfish

Ya, don't make your boards only accessible to members.
Google won't index the posts!
A cool site I have come across: Nom Nom Fish - Internet Fishing
Control the Nomming Monster to Nom real fish! | Osama Dead Shirts

Uhura!

Good point. Making a few of the rooms viewable by guests gives visitors a taste of the forum. :)

Also - I take back what I said about Facebook. I have had 3 new members from my most recent Facebook wall posts.
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

alex30

rsanchez78118 answering your PM.

In order to add a music player like my forum has all you'll need to do is to register on playlist website and look for music. Once you added music then copy a code provided on their site and paste it in your forum.

http://www.playlist.com/

That's it. It will attract many guests to register because I think it adds fun to the forum. We all like to listen to music and doesn't matter what kind of niche you have, this would be a great thing on any forum."Add music to player" is just a link to a thread where people can post their requests.

alex30

daveaite this is the answer to you PM. I use this Floating Bar Mod on my forum.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1449

Xarus

alex30

You welcome Xarus, are you going to use some of that advice?

Xarus

well some of your advices I was already using... well I don't like the idea with the ads...I know anyone has to earn something... well as I know ppl don't like popup ads and so on... the only ad (if I can call it ad) is an online radio that runs on every forum... I support them coz almost everyday they say how to get to my site... so we do each other a service... so that is the only ad...
and the best thing... a big forum doesnt get big in a few days... sometimes takes years , sometimes months... And all depends on what activity is on the forum... that depends 2... :)
so yeah :) good advices man :)

alex30

Well nit everyone can afford radio station for advertising, but it's good that you found a way to do that. How much do you pay?

Xarus

for the radio? none :)) for the hosting i pay 39 $ /year.

alex30

sreisenb001, Xarus was talking about advertising his forum on radio. This is another good way, but only when your forum pronounces every day.

_xXxSLASH3RxXx_

S.Nieves

I paid $50 to advertise on myspace. I made a nice 90x48 banner and you select your category. Example for me I selected Animal/Pets/Dogs.

So anyone with in the interest genre will get your banner ad.. and hey since its myspace people are willing to be online chatting and what not. My campaign was 2 days long and I got 15 registered members and 6500 views.

I am about to start advertising on google adwords.. but don't know yet.

Uhura!

Personally, I ignore MySpace advertising because there are too many.
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

alex30

Never pay for advertising your site. There are plenty of ways to do it on your own. Unless you have extra money and no time. But it means that you will pay from time to time in order for your site to be SEOed (promoted).

AlexIsaacs

@Digg: To get any real traffic from Digg you have to be the first to report a story pretty much. Otherwise, I always get 5-10 hits off any random Digg article I put up.

monsterebooks

alex30

Groundhog  this is not a correct place for that but I looked on your site and can say that it looks pretty good. Very compacted which is good. I see you also have chat which hugely reduces your post count on forums. Overall it's all good. Follow tips that I gave in this article.

Groundhog

Quote from: alex30 on August 18, 2009, 08:06:09 AM
Groundhog  this is not a correct place for that but I looked on your site and can say that it looks pretty good. Very compacted which is good. I see you also have chat which hugely reduces your post count on forums. Overall it's all good. Follow tips that I gave in this article.

Thanks alex30. I'll probably remove the chat completely as you suggested.

If this message shouldn't be here then I will remove it now. Thanks for the advise.

Regards  :)

nay27uk

Ive been looking for a mod for 2.0 RC1.2 that will alow me to make posts on my forums as alternat users. Please what do you sujest using

Advertisement: