Yet Another Global Announcements Mod (YAGAM)

Started by Nibogo, February 11, 2009, 12:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fords8

On a fresh install the 292 error is gone. But in IE7 I get the same pop up as Özgür´ gets when I am logged in. If I log out and click on the test announcement I made, it redirects me to the main forum. Of course guest is checked off in the admin panel.

Under Google Chrome, I can view it just fine if I am logged in. Logged out does the same as IE7 does. Redirects me to the main forum.

EDIT: I started to write this before your post NIBOGO. I am looking at the link you posted now. Saying IE sucks doesn't help also. Since there is still a issue with Google Chrome with guests even when guests are allowed to view. I have not tryed any of this in FF.

Also none of this fixes the 292 error. Not everyone can reinstall everything to fix the issue. Of course not everyone is having the issue either. This one will be hard to figure out I think.

I think this is a great mod either way. If you can install this and run it without issues, I say go for it. I thank god that SMF has mod makers like NIBOGO to write great mods like this. So for that, I thank you NIBOGO.

Nibogo

Quote from: fords8 on February 16, 2009, 08:25:35 PM
On a fresh install the 292 error is gone. But in IE7 I get the same pop up as Özgür´ gets when I am logged in. If I log out and click on the test announcement I made, it redirects me to the main forum. Of course guest is checked off in the admin panel.

Under Google Chrome, I can view it just fine if I am logged in. Logged out does the same as IE7 does. Redirects me to the main forum.

EDIT: I started to write this before your post NIBOGO. I am looking at the link you posted now. Saying IE sucks doesn't help also. Since there is still a issue with Google Chrome with guests even when guests are allowed to view. I have not tryed any of this in FF.

Also none of this fixes the 292 error. Not everyone can reinstall everything to fix the issue. Of course not everyone is having the issue either. This one will be hard to figure out I think.

I think this is a great mod either way. If you can install this and run it without issues, I say go for it. I thank god that SMF has mod makers like NIBOGO to write great mods like this. So for that, I thank you NIBOGO.

If the 202 is gone in a fresh installation is not a bug of this bug (I can't reproduce that bug yet)

I have finished the WYSIWYG in Add Comment/Edit Comment also I fix a little bug in the template structure and add linktree to editing comment.

The mod works pretty well in my test site and other users have the mod working so I am happy with the Mod.

I am waiting all the bugs you can show me , I will try to fix them all but the IE bug is a really big bug. FIXED!!

Now I am fixing a bug with the permission , I have a redirect if I am a regular member or guest FIXED!!

Bugs fixed :) , I have the mod working on FF/IE/Opera and Chrome.

Nibogo

Version 1.3 - Feb 16, 2009
- Fixed the bug with automatic redirect for non-yagam manage permission membergroups
- Fixed the bug with an error on IE7 "Operation aborted"
- Fixed the bug with the Linktree on announcement view
- Added linktree on Comment Edit
- Added WYSIWYG on Add Comment and Edit Comment

mgrmgr

Quote from: edi67 on February 15, 2009, 08:54:05 AM

please mgrmgr you can attach your message.index.template.php here i want control your file with mine for din the error.
and also you can give me link of your forum?
thx

this is your forum ?
http://forum.michgeyer.de/index.php

Sorry being a bit late with my answer, I'm busy to upgrade my forum with lots of new mods like YAGAM and a lot more. Sometimes it's complicated to install a new mod whemn you already have 50m others installed  ;D

Find my MessageIndex.template attached (from the default theme). The URI is correct :) You have to register though to become a member there - admin approval for registration is required :)

Özgür

Thanks NIBOGO. Work fine ie7-ie6/ff/chrome for me now. Thanks for update.

Edit: :P

I try to delete comment, get this "Are you sure of you want to delete this announcement??". Can you add new text strings for this. (Are you sure of you want to delete this comment??)

$txt['yagam_remove_verify'] = 'Are you sure of you want to delete this announcement??';
So Long

fords8

I will get the new updated file and test. Damn you are fast with updates!

EDIT: Uninstalled old, then installed new. I didn't delete the announcements I had in there.

Logged in everything is fine. Logged out I get this error where add comments are:

QuoteFatal error: Call to undefined function template_control_richedit() in /***/***/***/smfrc2/Sources/Load.php(1944) : eval()'d code on line 501

This happens in IE7, Google Chrome, and FF. I will try a new announcement in a sec or two.

EDIT: Happens with new one also.

Özgür

So Long

mattchewone

I uninstalled and re-downloaded this just now and am still getting this -

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/SMF2/Sources/Load.php(2021) : eval()'d code on line 292

I really want to use this mod! What is the problem?

edi67

Quote from: mattchewone on February 17, 2009, 05:52:11 AM

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/SMF2/Sources/Load.php(2021) : eval()'d code on line 292

damn another 292 error.
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

Nibogo

Quote from: edi67 on February 17, 2009, 07:33:31 AM
Quote from: mattchewone on February 17, 2009, 05:52:11 AM

damn another 292 error.

I need an ftp account and an admin account of someone of have this bug to try to find any solution to this bug , I cannot fix in my localhost because I can't reproduce the bug

Thanks

I think of the bug was fixed on the v1.4 please check if the mod works propertly

Nibogo

292 Bug Fixed :) (I hope)

Bug with the delete comment string fixed :)

I am fixing the bug with non-YAGAM Admin users "Fatal error: Call to undefined function template_control_richedit() in XXXSourcesLoad.php(1944) : eval()'d code on line 538"

I will update this three bugs fixed in the v1.3.1 ;)

Please the YAGAM translators add this two strings:

$txt['yagam_editing_comment'] = 'Editing Comment';
$txt['yagam_remove_verify_comment'] = 'Are you sure of you want to delete this comment??';

Thanks

Özgür

So Long

Nibogo

Version 1.4 - Feb 17, 2009
- '292' Bug Fixed
- Fixed the bug with the String deleting a comment
- Fixed the bug "Fatal error: Call to undefined function template_control_richedit() in /Sources/Load.php(1944) : eval()'d code on line 538"
- Fixed some minor additional Bugs
- Fixed Bug with the YAGAM Version on the Package Manager

Turkish , Spanish and English are updated to 1.4

You want to upgrade??

Just overwrite the Announcements.php , Announcements.template.php and the Announcements.english.php ;)

My 2.000 Post!! :P :P

fords8

Downloaded and testing NIBOGO. I will let ya know what happens.

EDIT: All issues are fixed on my side. Nice work NIBOGO! FF, Google Chrome, and IE7 all work. Doesn't matter if you are logged in or out. No errors to report on this mod. Tested on a clean site and modded site.

Props to you for all your hard work!

Nibogo

Quote from: fords8 on February 17, 2009, 08:21:20 PM
Downloaded and testing NIBOGO. I will let ya know what happens.

EDIT: All issues are fixed on my side. Nice work NIBOGO! FF, Google Chrome, and IE7 all work. Doesn't matter if you are logged in or out. No errors to report on this mod. Tested on a clean site and modded site.

Props to you for all your hard work!

Glad to finally hear that , now I will update my others mods and after I will check the spellchecker and announcements preview as features :).

If you have any idea please let me know the idea

fords8

QuoteIf you have any idea please let me know the idea

No ideas for this mod. I like it as is.

PerryM

Using newest module - however, when I try to add a new announcement I get the following error:

An Error Has Occurred!
[/t]
Perry

edi67

Quote from: NIBOGO on February 17, 2009, 05:53:52 PM
292 Bug Fixed :) (I hope)

Bug with the delete comment string fixed :)

NIBOGOOOOOOOOOOOOOO great now work ;) finally the more useful mod for SMF working thx again bro, i will attach italian translation immediately :)
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

mattchewone

Just re-installed this mod and it works fine no more errors! There is one thing though, would it be possible to have the avatar under the member group rank in the announcement to make it the same layout as the rest of the forum?

edi67

NIBOGO i need y our help if you can, in my site i have bar for sticky topic too so i have only little problem, i want order in this code:

$stickybar = false;
$normalbar = false;
            foreach($context['topics'] as $topic)
            {
if($topic['is_sticky'] && !$stickybar)
{
echo'<tr class="titlebg"><td colspan="', empty($options['display_quick_mod']) ? '9' : '9', '"><b>',$txt['sticky_topics'],'</b></td></tr>';
$stickybar = true;
}
else if(!$topic['is_sticky'] && $stickybar && !$normalbar)
{
echo'<tr class="titlebg"><td colspan="', empty($options['display_quick_mod']) ? '9' : '9', '"><b>',$txt['non_sticky_topics'],'</b></td></tr>';
$normalbar = true;
}
    else if($announcement_bar && !$normal_bar)
{
echo'<tr class="titlebg"><td colspan="', empty($options['display_quick_mod']) ? '9' : '9', '"><b>',$txt['non_sticky_topics'],'</b></td></tr>';
           $normal_bar = true;
            }

i have 4 condition:
Announcement , sticky topic and normal topic
Announcement and sticky topic
Announcement and normal topic

how i can write correctly code for have the bar correctly, look screenshot as is figured now, when i have only announcement and normal topic work good look 1° screenshot, but when i have announcement, sticky and normal topic some confusion look 2 ° screenshot.
I will be glad if you can help me thx again
CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

Advertisement: