New Boards created in Admin->Forum->Boards does not show on home page

Started by cestus, February 12, 2009, 01:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cestus

I was originally going to use phpbb3 but a friend said I should try smf.  I do like the interface better but I'm discouraged that I have already run into a problem for a fairly simple function.

Being a complete noob, its probably my fault, so it's not like I'm dissin' y'all.

Anyway, I added 2 new topics/boards - not sure of the correct terminology for SMF.  But I could only see the one default topic/board created by the install routine.

I tried deleting the default topic and moving the other topics around with no success.  Also tried logging in and out and coming from different ip address as a guest.

After deleting the default topic (general discussion I think), no topics appeared at all.

my forum is hxxp:www.non-ducor.com/fora/index.php [nonactive]

use temp02/password for userid and pw.

Thanks.

BTW - I checked the online docs and searched this board but without a boolean search option, anything containing 'board' or 'topic' gets a lot of hits.

cestus

OK, I was thinking of deleting this, but then decided that even if it makes me look like a fool, it might help another fool down the road.

It turns out that if you add a board (and I guess this is true for categories too) and you DON'T add a topic, it won't show up.  Who knew?

So now I guess I need to look into the difference between boards and categories.

Thanks anyway.  :)

Advertisement: