Forum search with SMF 2.0RC1 and SQLite

Started by stomic, February 09, 2009, 11:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stomic

Hi,

Did anybody test forum search with 2.0RC1?
I'm getting the following error:

Wrong value type sent to the database. Array of integers expected. (message_list)

karlbenson

Search has been tested with sqlite.

Did i read in the other topic that you have converted to smf.
If so that is likely to cause issues.

In Settings.php where it says database type, have you changed it to say mysql instead of sqlite?
In Admin > Search > Search Method

What search method are you using?
If using fulltext or custom you might want to drop the index, and rebuild it.

greyknight17

stomic

Hi, I'm sorry for not responding earlier, I didn't have "reply notification" turned on and I didn't know that there was a response.

So OK, I've been trying to figure out the real cause and haven't been able to do anything yet. I've manually built some missing indexes in the database as I thought that might be the cause.

I'm going to post now the scenarios I have tried.

In the attachment of this post is the first configuration which gives the following message on search:

Database Error
SQL logic error or missing database
near "RLIKE": syntax error
File: /home/othersid/public_html/recnik/forum/Sources/SearchAPI-Custom.php
Line: 219

stomic

second configuration: force search index use

Error:
An Error Has Occurred!
Wrong value type sent to the database. Array of integers expected. (message_list)

stomic

third configuration: no index use

An Error Has Occurred!

stomic

Match whole words only:     Off

An Error Has Occurred!

stomic

OK, so that covers it, more or less I guess.

@regularexpression:
in Settings.php:
$db_type = 'sqlite';

I tried recreating an index, but note that it says "size: N/A" for everything. I don't know if this might be a sign of something?

I think the only difference that I still have from the SQLite template db you supply with SMF 2.0RC1 is regarding some primary keys - I have used unique indexes on these columns instead, but I believe that should not cause problems since on the sqlite.org [nofollow] website I found this:

http://www.sqlite.org/lang_createtable.html [nofollow]
... The PRIMARY KEY attribute normally creates a UNIQUE index on the column or columns that are specified as the PRIMARY KEY....

might be that I'm wrong though...

karlbenson

It will say N/A for sqlite, because sqlite doesn't have a way to report the size of a table.
(postgresql the same atm, although i've recently posted a possible fix for that).

stomic

I don't have time now to dive into the code and debug the execution.
If it works OK by default, it might be good to write a script which will import the data either from semi-valid SQLite database which could be my case, or from MySQL/PostgresQL database.

This might be useful for other users too, that are thinking of changing the underlying database.

karlbenson

I'll do some more debugging later with sqlite.

stomic

greyknight17

stomic, is there any update on this issue?

Advertisement: