News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Disabling Default Theme

Started by Apnomis, March 01, 2005, 12:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apnomis

I know it was asked a couple of days ago is a theme could be set so some people could see it and some people couldn't, and it wasn't possible but might be available in 1.1

But I want to know if there is anyway to hide the Default theme? I understand the importance of the default theme as other themes reference it if files on the custom theme are missing, but if I turned on the ability to allow members to choose a theme would the Default have to be an option they could choose?

It's not a big problem. But I'm planning for my selectable themes to be closely styled to the rest of the site, so although the layout may change the basic design is consent. The only odd one out would be the default theme.

Is there anyway around that currently?

Jerry

Admin -> Theme and Layout Settings -> Allow members to select the "Default" theme.

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

HEB XI 1

Doesn't that apply to the overall forum default that you can set, as opposed to the "SMF Default Theme"?

Jerry

not sure I assumed it was SMF Default... guess I could be wrong though ;)

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

[Unknown]

No, it's the default theme, which is always Themes/default.  The theme you have set as the "active default" for the forum is different.

Maybe a different name for it would help.  People always think "the default" means their default...

-[Unknown]

Jerry

Quote from: [Unknown] on March 02, 2005, 12:13:41 AM
No, it's the default theme, which is always Themes/default. The theme you have set as the "active default" for the forum is different.

Maybe a different name for it would help. People always think "the default" means their default...

-[Unknown]
so Allow members to select the "Default" theme. disables /Themes/default? that is what I thought....

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

[Unknown]

Indeed, that's what it does.  I don't understand why anyone would even want it to disable the only other thing "default" could mean...

-[Unknown]

Apnomis

Oh ok I guess I got my wires crossed about what that option did, perhaps I should try these things first and then ask questions :-[

Advertisement: