News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

installing themes trouble

Started by David79, February 23, 2009, 07:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David79

Excuse me if there is a duplicated thread I did a search but did not find any but I might have gotten the search wrong. Again I apologize ahead of time.

I seem to have a problem installing new themes in the SMF 2.0 RC1 setup. I go through the admin area to install and it goes through the process but yet the theme is not added in. I looked at the cache folder instead the directory and everything and it shows files where it was supposed to but yet the new themes are not showing up. Any idea why or what I can do to get the new themes to install?

Rumbaar

What are the exact steps you're doing to install a theme?

Have you tried clearing the cache after the install?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

David79

oh wow sorry I have gotten back to sooner on this thread.

On the other version of the board for example 1.18 I just went into the upload part of the theme and it worked. Corrently it just refreshes the page with no theme result.

I am starting to get this with the 1.18 version to on another domain I setup. No errors are showing either. I have all the files with the chmod of 777 including the main directory the forum is in as well and still no luck.

Rumbaar

As with theme it's usually not reliant on 777, so you download the zip.  Browse and choose install, and it's not doing anything?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

David79

Correct. It just refreshes the current page when I do the browse and install of the zip file. Nothing is ever installed. It is like the upload of packages issue I have. Does not seem to upload correctly or something. But this one shows no errors.

Rumbaar

What are the entries in the error log?

[ Themes ]

David79

Nothing in regards of the themes being installed...no errors at all it just keeps refreshing. Meaning it won't upload the zip and extract it

Rumbaar

Can you clear your error log, then try again.  There must be some kind of error.  What about server logs?

Can you link to your forum?

[ Themes ]

kate123

I had a similar problem.

I went to my cPanel File Manager went to forum/themes/new theme/chmod to 755 and do the same with the folders in the new theme.

Log out of your forum and then back in, then try your new theme again, it should show up.

This is what I did, but I warn you I'm a noob and figured this out by trial and error. Please take that into consideration before attempting any changes, better yet, check it out with an expert.

:)

Rumbaar

I don't think they are even getting the 'new theme' folder and files being created at the server level.  But still awaiting response.

Is this still an issue Wild Man?

[ Themes ]

David79

Quote from: Rumbaar on April 06, 2009, 12:27:04 AM
I don't think they are even getting the 'new theme' folder and files being created at the server level.  But still awaiting response.

Is this still an issue Wild Man?

Correct I am not getting a 'new theme' folder created.

Sorry for my slowness in responding I have been dealing with some offline family issue as of late.

I'm still not getting anything. As far as server logs go I'll have to check. I'll post if I notice something.

I'm using a plesk setup. Never had a issue with the 1.19 setup however just seems the 2 version is the one I am having the issues with.

David79

ok I want to apologize for posting twice so soon. Here is what I am getting in the server error log for the domain I am working with.

PHP Warning:  File upload error - unable to create a temporary file in Unknown on line 0, referer

Rumbaar

Sounds like a permissions issue then.  The account being used to create the temp folder doesn't seem to have rights to do so.  Have you spoken to your host regarding this?

[ Themes ]

David79

It was a permisssion issue of sorts.  The host I am using works with Plesk which is what I am running on. I had to end up setting up a vhost.conf for each domain I have in order for things to work the way I want.

I got it working now....thanks

Advertisement: