SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rider

Quote from: Eleaz on April 24, 2007, 05:59:17 AM
hmm , i changed to the default theme, installed the package, resulted in Success. Although i had the index.template.php error, i cant find the extra arcade code. Seems to me that theres only one, and will it work if changed back to the custom theme used?
How many arcade buttons do you have?For custom themes you'll have to add the arcade code to the index.template.php and make a button to match the theme.If you click on the link in my sig we'll be able to help you more.

John S

hi, i have tried to install smf arcade, but get an error with the index.template.php....

not sure exactly why.. is there a way of fixing this...?

can i run the pacakage parser and find out where to install it and do it manually... will this work OR is it because it didnt work in the package installer and gave me an error, then its not gonna work if i install it manually???

what do you guys think?

John S

my arcade works, everyone has access to the games - except moderators! for them even though there permissions are "show arcade etc..." but it says "no games are available?".. huh?

Col

Hi Yazeft,

I've come to report the same problem. As a temporary fix I removed the moderators from their primary group 'BenzoBuddies Team' (which is needed to give them access to the moderation board), and instead made it a secondary group for them. They now have access to the Arcade (and can moderate it if need be), and they still have access to the moderation area.

This bug occurs when anyone is added to any Primary group I've created. It does not happen with the default groups, or with secondary groups. Anyone have a solution?

dxdonline

wow i just installed this on my forum and running.. thanks for the great mod.edited mod for

./Themes/default/index.template.php

problem and its works like a charm. But i m looking for games to download..
http://www.dxdonline.com [nofollow] - Play watch and Have Fun

Col

You find the games and more Arcade support here: http://www.smfarcade.info/

John S

Quote from: Col on April 29, 2007, 04:39:50 PM
Hi Yazeft,

I've come to report the same problem. As a temporary fix I removed the moderators from their primary group 'BenzoBuddies Team' (which is needed to give them access to the moderation board), and instead made it a secondary group for them. They now have access to the Arcade (and can moderate it if need be), and they still have access to the moderation area.

This bug occurs when anyone is added to any Primary group I've created. It does not happen with the default groups, or with secondary groups. Anyone have a solution?

so.. um... im confused,..... what do i need to do to get it working for moderators?!

John S

i'm trying to install 'gamepack0' and i get this error:

Could not upload package, please check directory permissions!

what does this mean?

rider

you have to install it thru admin>games>install.Not thru package manager.

John S

John S

ive seen some smf arcades with hunderds of games.. where can i get this many games for my arcade? smfarcade.info doesnt have that many...

rider

Quote from: yazeft on April 30, 2007, 03:09:41 AM
yep ive done that
Then unzip the file and copy and paste the games to your games folder in your FTP.Then install them admin>games>install.For the games if you look in the game request board at smfarcade.info you'll see links to game sites.keep in mind we only do support for games d/l from our site.

Col

Quote from: yazeft on April 29, 2007, 11:17:32 PM
Quote from: Col on April 29, 2007, 04:39:50 PM
Hi Yazeft,

so.. um... im confused,..... what do i need to do to get it working for moderators?!

Well, for me, Moderators didn't have access so long as I had them in a Primary group. I need them in this group to give them access to the Modertaor's board. Instead I assigned the group as a secondary group. They still have access to the moderator's board, but for some reason it does not interfere with their access to the Arcade.

What I found is that anyone assigned to a created Primary group does not have access. It does not effect them if they are assigned Primary group Admins or Global Moderators (pre-configured Primary groups).

Load of games can be found here: http://www.smfarcade.info/ Download the zip files. Each zip contains loads of games.

John S

yep that worked.. however what if i create 'modified' usergroups.. they won't be able to access the arcade...??

is there an updated coming that could fix this problem?

smfarcade.info has about 100 games.. but some people forums have 300 plus!! how can i get that many games with 'submit highscores'?

steve51184

hi there i have SMF 1.1.2 and SMF Arcade 2.0.7 and i've set the permissions up so that EVERY membergroup can play the arcade but no matter what i do 1 of my membergroups can't view the games?

John S

Quote from: somerandomdude on May 01, 2007, 07:21:21 PM
hi there i have SMF 1.1.2 and SMF Arcade 2.0.7 and i've set the permissions up so that EVERY membergroup can play the arcade but no matter what i do 1 of my membergroups can't view the games?

This is your answer:

QuoteWhat I found is that anyone assigned to a created Primary group does not have access. It does not effect them if they are assigned Primary group Admins or Global Moderators (pre-configured Primary groups).

steve51184

Quote from: yazeft on May 01, 2007, 07:51:28 PM
Quote from: somerandomdude on May 01, 2007, 07:21:21 PM

This is your answer:

QuoteWhat I found is that anyone assigned to a created Primary group does not have access. It does not effect them if they are assigned Primary group Admins or Global Moderators (pre-configured Primary groups).

so what your saying is any member that is in a created membergroup can NOT use the arcade correct?

John S

yep, put them in one of the default and they'll have access to the arcade

steve51184

i can't as they are "vip" members

TrueSatan

Hmmmm...cheat the system...make the VIPs also moderators but reduce the permissions of the moderators to what you want the VIPs to have. It you want a new moderators category then make one based on the old one but call it a different name and make it a secondary membergroup for the appropriate members so they get the permission rights of both their old primary membergroup and your new secondary group.

OK it's a cludge but it will probably get you off the hook without needing to edit any code.

Advertisement: