News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowStriker

Ah thank you, I had to reinstall my forum and I did exactly the same thing, but I must have forgotten to click save. Why does it keep it at the drop down though, if you havent saved?

ShadowStriker

Hmm, it seems I have to resave it everytime I log off and back on. When I log back on its like I never saved it.

rider

Well then try these lang files.Add to your langauge folder for your theme..As for your other mods take a copy of the mods langauge file and rename it.As an example.shop.english.php would be shop.english-utf8.phpThe other option to try is what I suggested about your settings.php.

rider

Quote from: ShadowStriker on June 14, 2007, 06:16:02 PM
Hmm, it seems I have to resave it everytime I log off and back on. When I log back on its like I never saved it.
Another thing is take a look at your default forum url and see if there's www. before it or not.If there is remove and see if that helps.I know theres been a few isssues with that on various items.don't know if that will help.

ShadowStriker

Quote from: rider on June 14, 2007, 06:22:39 PM
Well then try these lang files.Add to your langauge folder for your theme..As for your other mods take a copy of the mods langauge file and rename it.As an example.shop.english.php would be shop.english-utf8.phpThe other option to try is what I suggested about your settings.php.

Wait wasnt I supposed to go from english-utf8 to english and not vice-versa?

rider

Yes but what I'm saying if you add the renamed langauge files then you won't have these issues.Since you have a problem of it reverting back when you log out and in.I know it works for the arcade and the shopmod. :)

ShadowStriker

I renamed

Arcade.english.php ---> Arcade.english-utf8.php
ArcadeAdmin.english.php ---> ArcadeAdmin.english-utf8.php

And it still doesnt work right  ::)

EDIT: NVM missed the modifications.english.php Now they work, just gotta change shopmod

ShadowStriker

Oh and whats the difference between english-utf8 and english?

Edit: The only one not wroking properly now is Paypal Donations, There is a button, but no administration.

add_settings.php
Sources/Paypal.php
Themes/Paypal.template.php
modification.xml
package-info.xml

rider

Quote from: ShadowStriker on June 14, 2007, 09:16:43 PM
Oh and whats the difference between english-utf8 and english?

Edit: The only one not wroking properly now is Paypal Donations, There is a button, but no administration.

add_settings.php
Sources/Paypal.php
Themes/Paypal.template.php
modification.xml
package-info.xml
I not sure on that one.I've never used it myself.Glad you got eveything else to work.

3 Hit U

Just installed this on 1.1.2 (latest SMF) well, I tried...

Everything said successful, but when I load my forum home, I have no Arcade button, nothing in the Admin panel what so ever, and also I try direct link to my admin settings by using:

/blaa my site/index.php?action=arcade

And it only loads my forum index.

Any suggestions?

rider

Quote from: 3 Hit U on June 15, 2007, 06:21:10 AM

Everything said successful, but when I load my forum home, I have no Arcade button, nothing in the Admin panel what so ever, and also I try direct link to my admin settings by using:

Any suggestions?
What theme are you using?After the install did you run the installArcade.php in your browser?Also switch your default forum langauge to english.

3 Hit U

Quote from: rider on June 15, 2007, 07:16:34 AM
Quote from: 3 Hit U on June 15, 2007, 06:21:10 AM

Any suggestions?
What theme are you using?After the install did you run the installArcade.php in your browser?Also switch your default forum langauge to english.
Default theme (100% fresh install of SMF), yes I ran the file, and default is English already.
I did all those before you posted.

EDIT: Got it working :)

CrazyIvan

I am getting the following error: -

The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay
File: /home/sites/britishbikersclub.co.uk/public_html/bbcforum/Sources/ArcadeList.php
Line: 167

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.2, while your database is at version 1.1.1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

It's only started happening recently, any ideas?

me123

My SMF version 1.1.2. Classic theme.

I do want to install this mod, however regarding all the problems I think I won't. Or is there a way to install it manually, so I will know where all the alterations in my forum files will take place? When it does corrupt my (active) forum, I can quickly uninstall everything.... Or is there a way to test this mod?

rider

Quote from: me123 on June 16, 2007, 03:20:06 PM
My SMF version 1.1.2. Classic theme.

I do want to install this mod, however regarding all the problems I think I won't. Or is there a way to install it manually, so I will know where all the alterations in my forum files will take place? When it does corrupt my (active) forum, I can quickly uninstall everything.... Or is there a way to test this mod?
Do you have a test site?most of the issues are small ones and I've installed this mod dozens of times and only ever had 1 failure.Make sure you switch to default theme to install

me123

i do not have a test site :( Don't know how to make that....
When I install it in the default theme, can I then switch back to my classic theme and play the games in there???

rider

Quote from: me123 on June 16, 2007, 03:58:22 PM
i do not have a test site :( Don't know how to make that....
When I install it in the default theme, can I then switch back to my classic theme and play the games in there???
Yes you can.You might have to edit a php file to make the arcade tab show.If you click on my sig and go there you'll find alot of the answers.

vince451

hello,
i have orange-lt07 theme installed
any help for what i have to change in order to see arcade cause after installation i can't see a thing

p.s.: lang in setup is english

cubchai

I have uninstalled arcade from my forum. When I generate membergroup permission report, there are still some data related to arcade. How do I remove it?
I have attached a screenshot to show the data.

5cakids

When using the custom Mod members are missing images.

Advertisement: