News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rider

Quote from: Jakki on November 12, 2007, 05:50:03 PM
Okay but the last letters on the file are .rar, it won't let me..
Right click on the rar file and open it to a folder.Then open the folder and highlite just the games and put them into a zipfile.Upload the zipfile directly to your Games directory via your FTP program.Then install them thru admin>games>install on your site.

Jakki

Thanks Rider, I found another web page to get game and such from..They are coded in a zip file, so far everything seems to be working on the arcade.  Thanks for all the help.

rehan

Apart from that.. when some one gets high score it sends a PM to the previous champion. that his/her score is beaten.
Can that be disabled.??

Jakki

Quote from: rehan on November 15, 2007, 10:52:32 AM
Apart from that.. when some one gets high score it sends a PM to the previous champion. that his/her score is beaten.
Can that be disabled.??

I think you can under the permissions for each game. I just left it alone...LOL

Jakki

I can't seem to get theme's to work with my arcade, I know about the link on the parser but I dont understand what I'm looking at..LOL.
I have no clue where to find what they tell you to do.  Anyone??

babjusi

Quote from: Jakki on November 15, 2007, 01:23:29 PM
I can't seem to get theme's to work with my arcade, I know about the link on the parser but I dont understand what I'm looking at..LOL.
I have no clue where to find what they tell you to do.  Anyone??

Have a look over at the arcade site, it is explained there how to install it on a custom theme

rehan

Quote from: Jakki on November 15, 2007, 12:58:56 PM
Can that be disabled.??

Ok.. but wat shld i set this permission mod at. so tht it dsnt sends any Pm..?

I think you can under the permissions for each game. I just left it alone...LOL

rider

Can that be disabled.??
Yes it can be.Goto profile>personal message options and check it off not to receive.

Sabre™

Hi peeps :)

I really did a number on this :(

I installed Arcade 2.0.11, then uninstalled (still keeping the mod there) and installed and ran E.Arcade 2.4.2.

Now I have two arcade buttons :(

Ive tried to uninstall them both, and that was fine.  But an arcade button was still there!!??

Im at a loss as to how to fix this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank You :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

rider

Quote from: FERNSIDE on November 16, 2007, 10:46:56 PM

I installed Arcade 2.0.11, then uninstalled (still keeping the mod there) and installed and ran E.Arcade 2.4.2.

Ive tried to uninstall them both, and that was fine.  But an arcade button was still there!!??

open your index.template.php and scroll down until you find the arecade button code.Once you find it just delete the duplicite code.

LinkinParkBoy

I've installed Smf Arcade, but it doesn't show the images.. why? I've sent everything to \games\ at the server...

Ty Cumps ;)

jasonwatkins

i had this problem ..

go to admin->arcade admin

click on the individual games and check to see what is in the "thumbnails" field. if there's nothing there, then that's your problem.  find what the thumbnail is for the game and enter it into this field and you should have the image.

LinkinParkBoy

Yep the thumbnails field is empty. Is there where i need to put the images links?

Sorry i cant write very well english lol

Ty ;)

Sabre™

Quote from: rider on November 17, 2007, 12:51:25 AM
Quote from: FERNSIDE on November 16, 2007, 10:46:56 PM

open your index.template.php and scroll down until you find the arecade button code.Once you find it just delete the duplicite code.

Thanks rider, much appreciated :)
I looked for the index.template.php, but couldnt find it.
I found that template for each of my other themes, but this has happened on the default theme.
And I cant find the template anywhere.
Im obviously looking in the wrong place:   Themes and Layout>>Modify themes....
No default theme options.  Its not even there... lol

Could you possibly give a blind man directions on where to go.. lol

EDIT:     Scratch that :D

I was being lazy and thinking it could be done on site.. lol
Yea I went and fixed it..  lol
Thanks rider, youre a champ:)
Get to know my sig...   I'll be a regular in here asking for help.. lol

Cheers bud:)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

chrishicks

a few questions.

1. is there a way that I can limit the total amount of the high scores saved for each game? we have some games that are really popular and there are many pages of scores. I'd like to be able to have it save/show let's say, 30 and that's it. nothing more than the top 30.

2. I would like to turn off the PM message when someone beats my score but I don't have that option in my PM notifications section. I'm using the User Control Panel By Alan S/Ultimate Profile 0.7 Mod so how would I go about disabling the PMs with this?

rider

Quote from: chrishicks on November 19, 2007, 01:05:53 AM
a few questions.

1. is there a way that I can limit the total amount of the high scores saved for each game? we have some games that are really popular and there are many pages of scores. I'd like to be able to have it save/show let's say, 30 and that's it. nothing more than the top 30.

2. I would like to turn off the PM message when someone beats my score but I don't have that option in my PM notifications section. I'm using the User Control Panel By Alan S so how would I go about disabling the PMs with this?
You can change the number of scores saved on the settings page of the arcade in your admin panel.Not sure what todo about the 2nd one since you don't have that option.Normally it would be under profile>PM options.

chrishicks

thanks for the reply. about number 1, would that be the maximum scores section where I limit the number of scores? I only see a scores per page as another option. we have something like 600 games in our arcade and I don't want to kill everyones scores if I enter a wrong number in that maximum scores per member field.

Mick.

Hey guys....i havent done any upgrades or added any games in ages. All of the sudden i get this message:

"You need to enable javascript in order to play games. "

What gives?

jasonwatkins

Quote from: rider on November 07, 2007, 06:48:25 PM
If you go here you can get the version that supports tournments but not multiplayers games.http://www.ericsworld.eu/f2/index.php

I wasn't aware this existed and it's pretty amazing.  Makes the original SMF Arcade look prehistoric by comparison.

Took me a little while to get it installed and working, but it's working as smooth as silk at the moment and all my members love it.

~Unkn0wn~

5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test failed

why?!! my index.template.php is there 7777

Advertisement: