News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoelF1

Quote from: NoDrAmaUk on December 20, 2007, 12:24:10 PM
Can anyone help me install my Arcade and games

many thanks
arcade is easy to install just download the .zip file and upload it trough the packages thing from the admin panel.

the thing is i dont know how to install it in custom themes!

rider

Quote from: NoDrAmaUk on December 20, 2007, 12:24:10 PM
Can anyone help me install my Arcade and games

many thanks
I can,send me a link and I'll help.Also click on the link in my sig and it will direct you to the arcade site where you can get all the help and info you need.I admin there incase you need a reference.

rider

Quote from: NoDrAmaUk on December 19, 2007, 12:43:58 PM
Which Mod would work on 1.1.4 because i cant get any to install says corupt or not compatible

www.nodamaukroomhosting.info
Your link isn't working.

geo32101

When I try to install the arcade I get this-
FTP Information Required-
Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager.

I fill it out, but nothing happens,why?

rider

Quote from: geo32101 on December 21, 2007, 11:16:12 PM
Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager.

Try this before installing the arcade,goto admin>packages>options>choose make all files writable and then install the arcade.

geo32101

Quote from: rider on December 22, 2007, 12:02:56 AM
Quote from: geo32101 on December 21, 2007, 11:16:12 PM

Try this before installing the arcade,goto admin>packages>options>choose make all files writable and then install the arcade.
Then this comes out again-

I fill it out and nothing happens.

Tensuki

Quote from: BlueDevil on November 21, 2007, 10:54:42 PM
Hey guys....i havent done any upgrades or added any games in ages. All of the sudden i get this message:

"You need to enable javascript in order to play games. "

What gives?

If you are receiving this message most likely you have the Pretty Urls mod installed. Try uninstalling this mod and the enable Javascript error should vanish.

NoelF1

does anyone know how to install the arcade into ApolloBB theme please? :(

rider

Quote from: NoelF1 on December 22, 2007, 05:51:35 AM
does anyone know how to install the arcade into ApolloBB theme please? :(
The mod should install ok but you'll have to edit the index.template.php and create a button to show in the tab bar.Have you posted a copy of it over at smfarcade.info?One of us should be able to help.Also if you don't see the admin arcade settings then you need to change the forum langauge to english and not english-utf8.

Bigguy

Just to add to what rider said. A package parser could be of use to you here. I have one installed and running here if you need to use it:

CLICK

rider

Quote from: Bigguy on December 22, 2007, 11:38:36 AM
Just to add to what rider said. A package parser could be of use to you here. I have one installed and running here if you need to use it:

CLICK
Thanks bigguy I keep fogetting about that.lol.Another program that helps is called beyond compare,its a php editor and makes editing a breeze.Without it I would be lost.

Bigguy

I am going to check that out rider, thanks. :)

NoelF1

holy bacon! Bigguy thanks alot buddy! im gonna try that and do the codes! i love you mate!

thanks to rider also ee! :D

btw Merry Christmas :)

NoelF1

btw how can i change the forum language? from english-utf8 to english? :S

rider

Quote from: NoelF1 on December 22, 2007, 02:20:16 PM
Goto admin>server settings>default forum langauge>switch from english-utf8 to english.

NoelF1

Quote from: rider on December 22, 2007, 02:39:48 PM
Quote from: NoelF1 on December 22, 2007, 02:20:16 PM
Goto admin>server settings>default forum langauge>switch from english-utf8 to english.
it's on english theres no other option!

btw... do i need to copy all those codes that the package parser gave me?

NoelF1

The parser told me to ...

Find:

// How about the [search] button?

Add before:

echo ($current_action == 'arcade' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
         <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'arcade' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
            <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=arcade">' , $txt['arcade'] , '</a>
         </td>' , $current_action == 'arcade' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

---

but when im doing that the template is frigging up what am i doing wrong? but the arcade button showed up!

and also the admin panel thing i fixed it at last! :D

i did attach my current index.template.php file...with 3 qaurters of the code done... but still without the arcade button as the above coe aint showing up the template right!

thanks in advance. :)

Bigguy

The easiest way to make a button is to copy the help button code below itself and change the action. Any part in the code that says this:

?action=help

would get changed to this:

?action=arcade

So if we find the help button code for your index.template.php that looks like this:

// Show the [help] button.
echo '
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=help" ' , $current_action == 'help' ? 'class="nav_important"' : '' , '>' , $txt[119] , '</a>&nbsp;|';

We would change it to this:

// Show the [help] button.
echo '
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=arcade" ' , $current_action == 'arcade' ? 'class="nav_important"' : '' , '>' , $txt[1190] , '</a>&nbsp;|';

Also notice I changed your txt string:

$txt[1190]

So you will also have to open your index.english.php file and add this to it:

$txt[1190] = 'arcade',

or however they look in there because if you don't you will have 2 help buttons; one will go to the help section and one will go to the arcade but be labelled help. I hope that was clear enough. :)

NoelF1

but that will change the help button into an arcade one right?

i wish to keep the help button, because it helps newbies to understand how the forum works out! :(

NoelF1

and now i tried that and didnt even work at all! it erased the help button and nothing showed up instead!

Advertisement: