News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fwitt

Quote from: Jaba on August 29, 2008, 08:03:40 PM
Under Admin - Arcade - Settings the Permission mode is set to "Game Only" and I've never changed this setting.
I had already gone in to Arcade Categories and added the member group and ticked!

when the permissions mode is set to "Game only" it uses the Per Game permissions (in each games induvidual settings). the catagory settings are ignored in this mode so changing them will make no difference.

rider

Quote from: fwitt on August 30, 2008, 08:28:16 AM
Under Admin - Arcade - Settings the Permission mode is set to "Game Only" and I've never changed this setting.
I had already gone in to Arcade Categories and added the member group and ticked!

when the permissions mode is set to "Game only" it uses the Per Game permissions (in each games induvidual settings). the catagory settings are ignored in this mode so changing them will make no difference.
to add to this change the game only permission to none and your problems should be fixed.

Jaba

Quote from: rider on August 30, 2008, 09:25:49 AM

to add to this change the game only permission to none and your problems should be fixed.
fwitt & rider, big thank you for the feedback on this prob.

Rider that did indeed fix the problem, many thanx  8)
Just to finish off on this one, is this a small bug or is there a reason the permissions are doing this as what I did to me seemed it shouldn't have had that effect!?
All the best and thanx again.

rider

Quote from: Jaba on August 30, 2008, 02:22:04 PM

Just to finish off on this one, is this a small bug or is there a reason the permissions are doing this as what I did to me seemed it shouldn't have had that effect!?

glad to help.the reason this happens is that any group you add after the arcades been installed,you have to set their permissons to what the arcade is set for.yours being set for game only means you would have to go thru each game to give the new group permission to play it.hope this helps.

B.SkiLLs

Quote from: rider on August 30, 2008, 08:18:43 AM
Quote from: B.SkiLLs on August 30, 2008, 07:29:10 AM
Quote from: swan on August 30, 2008, 07:16:52 AM
This happend to me so i changed all the packages in my cpanel (file manager) to 755 and it was fine then
i just tried that for the heck of it and still said the same thing.

so i changed everything back to the way i had it safely etc etc...

Anybody with any help or fix as soon as possible would be really appreciated.

thanks again

try this.packages>options>make all files writable.then install

i did that, and it worked befoe i even seen your post plus in my cpanel but now a new problem,

I cn find the games no where at all, only the admin settings to choose what games.. but can not find the game section no where and i even have a link on my forum to the arcade but it doesnt take me there either.

kind of like i added a gallery and i already had a gallery link / tab on top and it works fine. I click the arcade tab and it takes me right back to my forum. But the gallery works. i click that tab an it takes me to my gallery

so where do i find my game pages and / or connect to my arcade tab link on top ??

I use 1.1.5 with TP

VICKTORY THE UNDERDOG Documentary – Pitbulls the untold true story

This is a must read & watch. Then Buy your DVD today. You will not regret it. Totally AWESOME. Best i ever seen. --

rider

Quote from: B.SkiLLs on August 30, 2008, 03:46:06 PM
This happend to me so i changed all the packages in my cpanel (file manager) to 755 and it was fine then

thanks again

i did that, and it worked befoe i even seen your post plus in my cpanel but now a new problem,

I cn find the games no where at all, only the admin settings to choose what games.. but can not find the game section no where and i even have a link on my forum to the arcade but it doesnt take me there either.

kind of like i added a gallery and i already had a gallery link / tab on top and it works fine. I click the arcade tab and it takes me right back to my forum. But the gallery works. i click that tab an it takes me to my gallery

so where do i find my game pages and / or connect to my arcade tab link on top ??

I use 1.1.5 with TP

make sure the arcade is enabled and how did you install the games.post a link to your site if you want.

Jaba

Quote from: rider on August 30, 2008, 03:12:22 PM
Quote from: Jaba on August 30, 2008, 02:22:04 PM

glad to help.the reason this happens is that any group you add after the arcades been installed,you have to set their permissons to what the arcade is set for.yours being set for game only means you would have to go thru each game to give the new group permission to play it.hope this helps.
Hi Rider, yeah I didn't think that level of control existed so I can think of at least one good way of applying it.
Thanx again for the detailed replies, most helpful  :)

jeri

I installed and uninstalled this mod and it shows 'arcade' 3 times up in the link bar. How do I get rid of it?

fwitt

Quote from: jeri on August 31, 2008, 02:53:15 AM
I installed and uninstalled this mod and it shows 'arcade' 3 times up in the link bar. How do I get rid of it?

you will need to open your index.template.php and remove the repeated code in the menubar section of code (searching the file for arcade will help you find the arcade code).
remeber always back up files b4 manually editing them in case you make a mistake.

giridhar

hi i installed SMF arcade version 2.0.14. i gave permissions to all member groups  and set permission mode to "games and categories ". but none of the games  scores are been recorded .even when i play the game the score is not recording .

please help me to solve this problem

rider

Quote from: giridhar on August 31, 2008, 09:54:23 AM
hi i installed SMF arcade version 2.0.14. i gave permissions to all member groups  and set permission mode to "games and categories ". but none of the games  scores are been recorded .even when i play the game the score is not recording .

please help me to solve this problem

did you set each membergroup up for categoies and games or just give them regular permissions thru admin>permissions?Also did you enable scoing for each game after you installed them?last ? for you where did you get the games from?

giridhar

Quotedid you set each membergroup up for categoies and games or just give them regular permissions thru admin>permissions?Also did you enable scoing for each game after you installed them?last ? for you where did you get the games from?

In arcade game setting page i gave permission to all member groups(Guests Regular , Members Global.....) ......and in admin>permission page i gave access for arcade to all members . .....i enabled scoring for each game after installing and kept maximum score to "-1" (default)  for each game .

If it is permission problem as i am admin my scores should be recorded but even my scores are also not recording .

should i change permission mode to "NONE" or anything else

i don't remember from where i downloaded the games .does it also matters ?

thanks for replying

rider

Quote from: giridhar on August 31, 2008, 01:31:26 PM
Quotedid you set each membergroup up for categoies and games or just give them regular permissions thru admin>permissions?Also did you enable scoing for each game after you installed them?last ? for you where did you get the games from?

In arcade game setting page i gave permission to all member groups(Guests Regular , Members Global.....) ......and in admin>permission page i gave access for arcade to all members . .....i enabled scoring for each game after installing and kept maximum score to "-1" (default)  for each game .

If it is permission problem as i am admin my scores should be recorded but even my scores are also not recording .

should i change permission mode to "NONE" or anything else

i don't remember from where i downloaded the games .does it also matters ?

thanks for replying

switch the permissions to none.that will take care of any permissions problems.it could make a difference where the games come from.some may have exrta folders and some won't work in the arcade.

B.SkiLLs

Quote from: rider on August 30, 2008, 04:55:51 PM
Quote from: B.SkiLLs on August 30, 2008, 03:46:06 PM

thanks again

I use 1.1.5 with TP

make sure the arcade is enabled and how did you install the games.post a link to your site if you want.

OK, i will try that also and post back if needed with a link also.

thxs

This is a must read & watch. Then Buy your DVD today. You will not regret it. Totally AWESOME. Best i ever seen. --

B.SkiLLs

OK, i am getting this eror now as i try to install / apply the mod

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Install Actions

Installations actions for "SMF Arcade":

Installing this package will perform the following actions:

Type    Action    Description

1.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Who.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
7.      Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Test successful
8.    Extract File    ./Sources/Arcade.php    
9.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArcadeInstall.php    
10.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArcadeList.php    
11.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArcadePlay.php    
12.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArcadeStats.php    
13.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArcadeSettings.php    
14.    Extract File    ./Sources/Subs-Arcade.php    
15.    Extract File    ./Sources/ManageGames.php    
16.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/arcade.js    
17.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/swfobject.js    
18.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Arcade.template.php    
19.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/ArcadeMenu.template.php    
20.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/ArcadeAdmin.template.php    
21.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/ManageGames.template.php    
22.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Arcade.english.php    
23.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ArcadeAdmin.english.php    
24.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Arcade.english-utf8.php    
25.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ArcadeAdmin.english-utf8.php    
26.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/favorite.gif    
27.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/favorite2.gif    
28.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/star2.gif    
29.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/gold.gif    
30.    Extract File    ./ArcadeLicense.txt    
31.    Extract File    ./installArcade.php    
32.    Extract File    ./newscore.php    
33.    Extract Tree    ./getid3    
34.    Create Tree    ./Games    
35.    Execute Code    package_install.php

what should i do on this matter now as i uninstalled it from the last questions or problem as i had some other issues that i had to fix and repair as i changed some server issues and domains so i also had to fix / mod some thing with my TP version . I got all that fixed / moded and working great and all my Mods work great but when installing / applying this one i get this error above now.

I have not installed any games yet just trying to install the mod first as i already have the arcade tab on top of my theme / fourm / TP so....

i also tried this game set:

multiplayer 3[1][1][1].1 for 1.1.5

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1219

and could not get it to work either

here is the temp link to my forum as it is private anyways, but i will send link anyways if u like.

xtremestylez.com/forum
(which this domain / site will be changing domains and paths soon anyways as soon as i get everything going and set the way i want to a new database and domain on my server

any and all help is GREATLY appreciated. Thxs

B.SkiLLs

oohh yeah and also, the first install of that, i got another error in one of the english files / directory's.

but on second go around after i set the cmods to writeable that went away but then i got this arroe above instead.

SA™

that is an index.template error wich will be for the tab install it anyway should be ok

also tried this game set:

as for that that is my mod please post in teh correct thread
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=244832.0

and ill help you
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

B.SkiLLs

Quote from: wdm2005 on September 01, 2008, 05:43:57 AM
that is an index.template error wich will be for the tab install it anyway should be ok

also tried this game set:

as for that that is my mod please post in teh correct thread
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=244832.0

and ill help you

I am posting in the correct thread for the issue that i am speaking of. I was just using that other section or my post as an example to maybe help figure out this problem with the main question i had here with this Arcade.

But i will also post that problem in your Mod topic also. Thxs

I just want a working Arcade that works with my already mad and installed Arcade tab thats included in my theme and my TP version.

Nothing against yours but i was trying it after the fact i couldnt get this one to work.

Thxs for the reply and help so far. Any ideas on how to get this one or your to work ??

I do not really understand what you meant by the template statement you said.either sorry. Can you please explain ??

or i will wait until somebody from this mod explains or answers back since that error has to do with this arcade install.

SA™

like i said it just the tab button for the default theme if your custom theme has it allready you should be ok to install

my mod and this are two compleatly diff mods tis why i said post in my topic for support on that
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Sun11

Can you please Upgrade to SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1 Public
ty

Advertisement: