News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fwitt

Quote from: sunite on September 01, 2008, 02:16:38 PM
Can you please Upgrade to SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1 Public
ty

the version for this is currently in beta and is not ready for a live site yet, but there is one on the way.

B.SkiLLs

Quote from: wdm2005 on September 01, 2008, 06:08:55 AM
like i said it just the tab button for the default theme if your custom theme has it allready you should be ok to install

my mod and this are two compleatly diff mods tis why i said post in my topic for support on that

OK, i will post the use about your on your mod topic.

AND let this one stand about this mod.

and yes, my custom theme has the arcade tab already on it plus using tinyportal 1.0.5

but nether will work so far, so im lost and ive tried most of what i know to help it but... still nothing

VICKTORY THE UNDERDOG Documentary – Pitbulls the untold true story

This is a must read & watch. Then Buy your DVD today. You will not regret it. Totally AWESOME. Best i ever seen. --

VegaTheChosen

hi there im having a problem with the arcade it works fine only thing is some of it doesnt display basically what im missing is the link to arcade and the arcade links in the admin cp
this image.gif will show what im talking about

and sorry if its been covered elsewhere in this thread

rider

Quote from: VegaTheChosen on September 03, 2008, 09:09:59 PM
hi there im having a problem with the arcade it works fine only thing is some of it doesnt display basically what im missing is the link to arcade and the arcade links in the admin cp
this image.gif will show what im talking about

and sorry if its been covered elsewhere in this thread
check to see what your default forum langauge is under admin>server settings.if its set to english-utf8 change it to english.see if that helps.

VegaTheChosen

its set to english i dont even have the option to switch the language
any other suggestions?
thanks again for the help

fwitt

check your themes languages folder for the file modifications.english.php if it exists copy the language strings from the default themes modifications.english.php into this file.

VegaTheChosen

well i re uploaded the modifications.english.php and still nothing also in the particular theme i use i doesnt have that particular file :(

bfeo

.... a gif file that loads instantly, doesn't lag, and calls itself a jpg....

Am I the only one who noticed that?

Not only that, but a pretty advanced one too...

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Rider, i would like to know how did you make that animated Gif image, i am very much interested for making animated gif tutorials instead of in some players... ;)

rider

Quote from: F.L.A.M.E.R on September 05, 2008, 05:20:00 PM
Rider, i would like to know how did you make that animated Gif image, i am very much interested for making animated gif tutorials instead of in some players... ;)
Flamer if you're talking bout the one in my last post you'd have to ask the person above me that posted it.Otherwise I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

oh sorry didnt notice that quote... so same question to VegaTheChosen

ash1

hi, i've installed smf arcade in a test forum and i enjoy a lot with this mod!
nice work :)

There is some upgrade to create tournament or cup with this mod?

now i'll try to adapt to another theme :)

VegaTheChosen

I dont wanna  get off subject so first ill say im still having the above problem so if i can get any help its appreciated

so to the question about the gif there is quite a few ways to pull this off

the way i use is a program called Camtasia Studio

this program makes it so you can actually record your screen then you have the ability to convert the files to either video (many different file types) or the type i use is obviously .gif among many other types you can choose how big you want the screen also has the ability of recording sound with video so you can grab videos off line etc.

as far as the jpg the host converts that over how i dont know the image host i use is tinypic.com

fwitt

Quote from: VegaTheChosen on September 04, 2008, 08:51:55 PM
well i re uploaded the modifications.english.php and still nothing also in the particular theme i use i doesnt have that particular file :(

re uploading the file will have the opposite effect than you want, its the contents that have been added by your mods (not just the arcade) that are important in this file. The file itself is there as a place to put language strings.

the behaviour you discribed can be caused by the arcade strings being missing from this file, sometimes because it is using an unmodified version in your theme, sometimes because an error has occured when moding the default theme, there are of course other reasons that could cause this behaviour but this is the easiest to diagnose and fix and the most common hence why I suggested it first.

superbee

Quote from: B.SkiLLs on September 01, 2008, 05:20:11 AM
OK, i am getting this eror now as i try to install / apply the mod

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Install Actions

Installations actions for "SMF Arcade":

Installing this package will perform the following actions:

Type    Action    Description

1.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Who.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
7.      Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Test successful
8.    Extract File    ./Sources/Arcade.php    
9.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArcadeInstall.php    
10.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArcadeList.php    
11.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArcadePlay.php    
12.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArcadeStats.php    
13.    Extract File    ./Sources/ArcadeSettings.php    
14.    Extract File    ./Sources/Subs-Arcade.php    
15.    Extract File    ./Sources/ManageGames.php    
16.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/arcade.js    
17.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/swfobject.js    
18.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Arcade.template.php    
19.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/ArcadeMenu.template.php    
20.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/ArcadeAdmin.template.php    
21.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/ManageGames.template.php    
22.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Arcade.english.php    
23.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ArcadeAdmin.english.php    
24.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Arcade.english-utf8.php    
25.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/ArcadeAdmin.english-utf8.php    
26.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/favorite.gif    
27.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/favorite2.gif    
28.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/star2.gif    
29.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/images/gold.gif    
30.    Extract File    ./ArcadeLicense.txt    
31.    Extract File    ./installArcade.php    
32.    Extract File    ./newscore.php    
33.    Extract Tree    ./getid3    
34.    Create Tree    ./Games    
35.    Execute Code    package_install.php

I am also getting this error, in bold above, but this is the first time I have tried to install. Any idea what is causing it? I have
only the following installed.
1. SMF Gallery Lite 1.8.3
2. Pm_Informer 1.0
3. Order Stickied Topics 1.01 
4. nneonneo's AJAX ShoutBox 1.21

bfeo

I'm looking for some high quality games.  Any suggestions?  All I've managed to find are corny flash rip offs and advertisement ridden kinds.

machmanx

Help, I can't install any games in arcade.  I am running SMF 2.0 beta 4 with SMF Arcade 2.5 beta 1.  After uploading a game, the page refreshes and goes to the installed games list, but it never lists the game I had uploaded.  I tried different games, but it still won't install anything.  There is even a link to download the default minesweeper game, but that won't even download.  It just refreshes the page as if I did nothing.  There is no error in the log either.

Someone please help me out, thanks!

Edit: I solved the problem, just had to manually upload the files via FTP.

bengal_nation

I need some help. I am trying to apply the arcade mod to SMF 1.1.4 with arcade package 2.0.14 and i keep gettin g this error

5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test failed

What am I doing wrong.

fwitt

Quote from: machmanx on September 08, 2008, 11:53:12 PM
Help, I can't install any games in arcade.  I am running SMF 2.0 beta 4 with SMF Arcade 2.5 beta 1.  After uploading a game, the page refreshes and goes to the installed games list, but it never lists the game I had uploaded.  I tried different games, but it still won't install anything.  There is even a link to download the default minesweeper game, but that won't even download.  It just refreshes the page as if I did nothing.  There is no error in the log either.

Someone please help me out, thanks!

Edit: I solved the problem, just had to manually upload the files via FTP.

any bugs in the beta versions of the arcade please post them to the bug tracker at smfarcade.info with as much info as possible about what you were doing/configeration etc. when this occured. So that hopefully the bugs can be found and fixed b4 a stable version is released.

Quote from: bengal_nation on September 09, 2008, 07:38:26 PM
I need some help. I am trying to apply the arcade mod to SMF 1.1.4 with arcade package 2.0.14 and i keep gettin g this error

5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test failed

What am I doing wrong.

you are doing nothing wrong, this is the arcade trying to add a link to the menubar, anouther mod has probly already added a link where the arcade is trying to find changing the code the arcade is looking for. the best solution is to install despite the error and then manually add the code for the arcade link.

Jiveturkey

What is the best way to upgrade from 2.0.12 to 2.0.15 and still keep all of the high scores?

Advertisement: