News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

virtualxtc

Is SMF 1.1.8 Compatibility coming soon?

Cheers.

Edit:
Never mind, found the updated version on the arcade website.

Skhilled

Quote from: kyle007 on February 06, 2009, 08:58:09 AM
Thx Skhilled...

BTW , one player can submit infinite score in one game...

But i want the scoreboard  only show  player's best score,not all of his scores...

Yeah i know in arcade settings, we can set the number in game option...

But when i set it "1" , if i take a higher score it gives error when i  push the submit button...

It says , an error occured...

I'm not completely sure but there might be a hack for that also.

Xavi-Nena

i have seemed to make a mess of things...

first i tried to uninstall but noticed no button....then my genius self deleted the package! Ahhhh now i cannot uninstall or reinstall because it says my files are still there but i have no clue how to go about uninstalling...please help.

side note: i did have 2 or 3 patches since first installing the arcade but now i would just like to remove it entirely and start fresh...please help!

Skhilled

You need to uninstall your SMF updates until you can see "uninstall". You should be able to uninstall the arcade then. Next you can just reinstall the SMF updates. All of this can be done via Packages.  :)

jeza

Quotethen my genius self deleted the package! Ahhhh

If you still have the zip file just FTP it back into the packages folder then follow the steps Skhilled mentioned above.

Xavi-Nena

Quote from: jeza on February 09, 2009, 08:50:33 AM
Quotethen my genius self deleted the package! Ahhhh

If you still have the zip file just FTP it back into the packages folder then follow the steps Skhilled mentioned above.

thanks for that suggestion however it was version 2.0.9 and i no longer have that zip on my computer

Skhilled - i just replied to your pm on your support forum..

SgtMic

RC1 public with newest version of Arcade.
Go to Arena and click on "new match" comes up with this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function create_control_autosuggest() in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/forums/Sources/ArcadeArena.php on line 325

Check the error logs and no errors in there. 
There is nothing more deadly than a US Marine and his rifle.
A close second is a US Marine and his K-BAR.
2/5 Fox Co.  (BlackHearts)
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

_Anthony_

This and E-Arcade should merge.

ysNoi

This one is a very nice mod..! Thanks in a million..!

BTW, may I know what is the ideal setting of wrapper so that all of the games installed won't exceed on the size of my forum..?

Thanks in advance...!  :) :)
"Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it."

fwitt

Quote from: MrMoney on February 10, 2009, 08:07:49 PM
This and E-Arcade should merge.

The E-Arcade was Eeeks version of the arcade with changes to so of the features mostly from the Hacks board of smfarcade.info. The majority of the code is the same. Eeek is one of the dev's for this arcade although he hasen't been active recently due to real life interfering.

So in effect E-Arcade isnt a different mod just a different branch of the same mod.

Skhilled

Quote from: SgtMic on February 10, 2009, 07:57:25 PM

Fatal error: Call to undefined function create_control_autosuggest() in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/forums/Sources/ArcadeArena.php on line 325

Please post that error in the Bug Tracker at SMF Arcade so we can investigate it further.

Quote from: ysNoi on February 11, 2009, 11:10:06 AM
This one is a very nice mod..! Thanks in a million..!

BTW, may I know what is the ideal setting of wrapper so that all of the games installed won't exceed on the size of my forum..?

Thanks in advance...!  :) :)

There is no way of knowing this. Game creators code their games to be shown at whatever size they wish and the sizes are varied greatly. You'd also have to consider the resolution of your monitor as well as the width of your theme. If you have multiple themes the wrapper width could be different on each one.

You could change the height and width of each game (in each game's settings) to a more suitable size. However, you run the risk of the game not displaying well or gameplay could be hampered. But it is worth a try, if you don't have a lot of games.

SgtMic

Quote from: Skhilled on February 12, 2009, 08:08:47 AM
Quote from: SgtMic on February 10, 2009, 07:57:25 PM

Please post that error in the Bug Tracker at SMF Arcade so we can investigate it further.

Done
There is nothing more deadly than a US Marine and his rifle.
A close second is a US Marine and his K-BAR.
2/5 Fox Co.  (BlackHearts)
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

kingkingston

everything else said successful except this

./Themes/default/index.template.php

any help please much welcome :)

Skhilled

Quote from: kingkingston on February 13, 2009, 07:36:48 AM

You have to manually edit that file and add the arcade code for it.

kingkingston

Quote from: Skhilled on February 15, 2009, 01:43:10 AM

it's all good now,think it just clashed with another mod but i have fixed it now but thanks for your help

Skhilled

The Rancher

Quote from: kingkingston on February 15, 2009, 05:37:55 AM
Quote from: Skhilled on February 15, 2009, 01:43:10 AM

it's all good now,think it just clashed with another mod but i have fixed it now but thanks for your help

I have the same problem.

What code and where do I put it?

LadyC

when you go to install it, there should be a little "edit icon" (looks like a pencil and paper) to the left of whatever test failed. open that up and it will tell what should be changed.

what typically happens is that another mod has already altered the code, so the installer for this mod can't find it. you may have to do some sleuthing around in that file to find what you're looking for, but once you do, just follow the second step of the instructions that appear in the pop-up window when you click that icon in the package manager.

The Rancher

Quote from: LadyC on February 20, 2009, 10:18:23 PM
when you go to install it, there should be a little "edit icon" (looks like a pencil and paper) to the left of whatever test failed. open that up and it will tell what should be changed.

what typically happens is that another mod has already altered the code, so the installer for this mod can't find it. you may have to do some sleuthing around in that file to find what you're looking for, but once you do, just follow the second step of the instructions that appear in the pop-up window when you click that icon in the package manager.

This is what failed and it doesn't give me any options

5.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/index.template.php     Test failed

aED

Is there a new version for SMF 2.0 RC1?

Advertisement: