News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbsothere

Quote from: gbsothere on August 14, 2009, 12:26:53 PM
Try this link, found at SMF Arcade's support site:

http://wiki.smfarcade.info/SMF_Arcade/FAQ#SMF_Database_Upgrade_Error

:)

(You should have an upgrade.php file in your SMF 1.1.10 zip's folder.  Put it in your forum's root directory and point your browser to it.  Then you'll want to upload and run installArcade.php again to create the missing table.)

ETA:  If you get a "smiley" error while doing this, this link will be helpful:

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=1079.0

*reposting this for psynx in case it was missed*

:)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

fwitt

Quote from: psynx on August 14, 2009, 01:47:26 PM
i can't install it manually.

im using a free webhosting and there is a limit in installing packages or file size.

so instead i install mods via ftp.

the normal way to do a manual install is via ftp. firstly upload the arcade files then edit the smf files that the arcade adds code too, both of these can be done via ftp. the next step is to browse to installArcade.php which adds the required database changes (you can do this manually via phpmyadmin as well).

the errors you are getting are related to missing changes in the database. The error you posted states that there is no table for the information about what games you have.

psynx

@ gbsothere

i done that and it says my database has already been updated

@fwitt

what i mean is i can't install the package by going to admin>packages>download package. so some of my mods i installed it manually using ftp and inserting those codes from the mod parser.

i am a bit confuse with these two files

package_install.php and installArcade.php

by following the arcade mod parser it says that i have to move installArcade.php to my root directory and i done that.

there is another instruction there about package_install.php
it says "This file should not be able to execute standalone. You may have to run the following queries manually."

im confuse which file should i browse? that package_install.php or the installArcade.php?

if i point my browser to www.myforum/installArcade.php nothing happens

if i point my browser to www.myforum/package_install.php nothing happens

just a blank page.

should i edit some codes in installArcade.php before browsing installArcade.php? and if yes which code should i modify in there?

about install_package.php that says should not be able to execute standalone. do i have to run the querries manually to my phpmyadmin? and if yes how do i run it?

huh...sorry im so noob!

gbsothere

@psynx

A blank page isn't uncommon when pointing your browser to an upgrade or installation file.  Are you able to access your database via your control panel to see if the table "smf_arcade_games" is now visible?

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

psynx

table smf_arcade_games is not there.

gbsothere

Quote from: psynx on August 14, 2009, 03:37:10 PM
table smf_arcade_games is not there.

fwitt, who just posted, is an admin over at the SMF Arcade support site and you'll be able to get a lot of great help there, as well as learn more about the arcade.

http://smfarcade.info

The only thing I would ask is if you're sure you manually moved all the Sources and Themes files included in SMF Arcade's zip folders to the proper directories on your site. (But this is clearly a database issue.)  Barring that, and assuming your edits are correct (taking your custom theme into account) then posting your question on the support board for SMF 1.1.X on their site would be greatly beneficial to you.

I'm sorry I was no help, psynx.   :(

psynx

itz ok. no probs.

i did try installing this mod to my other forum via admin>package>download

it installs successfully.

how about if i copy the tables or smf_arcades... from my forumA?

would that fix my probs?  i own two forums. the other one is from free hosting which is where i want this mods to be installed.

psynx

OMG! it works!!!!

haha!

gbsothere

Quote from: psynx on August 14, 2009, 04:01:10 PM
OMG! it works!!!!

haha!

That's what I had to do with the Ultimate Profile mod.   :D   I'd forgotten that little trick.

psynx

i highly appreciate all the efforts you guys are doing in helping me.

thank you gbsothere.

gbsothere

Quote from: psynx on August 14, 2009, 04:09:13 PM
i highly appreciate all the efforts you guys are doing in helping me.

thank you gbsothere.

You're welcome!   :)

If you've not installed any games yet, a good place to begin is by downloading a gamepack from http://smfarcade.info.

Here's a thread that might help. 

http://www.smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?topic=5610.msg35869#new

BarfBag

Hey guys, I was wondering if this modification had a multiplayer feature?

Keith99

Does this work with SMF 2 RC1.2 ?
Please Visit my Matched Betting forum.

Great site guys!!

gbsothere

Quote from: BarfBag on August 15, 2009, 10:30:43 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering if this modification had a multiplayer feature?

If you register at http://smfarcade.info and then do a search for "multiplayer" in their forum, there are several discussion threads about it.  It seems that some have success with it; others have issues.  It might make a lot more sense to you than it does to me.   :D

gbsothere

TwitchisMental

Okay I downloaded the latest beta of the arcade and have ran into a small,but annoying bug.

It seems all games display as about 200x200.

This makes some games like frogger hard to play.

Anyway to fix this?

fwitt

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on August 22, 2009, 06:10:33 PM
Okay I downloaded the latest beta of the arcade and have ran into a small,but annoying bug.

It seems all games display as about 200x200.

This makes some games like frogger hard to play.

Anyway to fix this?

what are the height and width values in the game settings (pick a game that is displaying this behavior and navigate to its settings, then change those two variables to more reasonable values)

Nameless?

hi, im using smf 1.1.9 and tries to install Arcade Version 2.0.18,

i get this error:

Installations actions for "SMF Arcade":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Sources/Who.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test failed
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php Skipping file
8. Extract File ./Sources/Arcade.php 
9. Extract File ./Sources/ArcadeInstall.php 
10. Extract File ./Sources/ArcadeList.php 
11. Extract File ./Sources/ArcadePlay.php 
12. Extract File ./Sources/ArcadeStats.php 
13. Extract File ./Sources/ArcadeSettings.php 
14. Extract File ./Sources/Subs-Arcade.php 
15. Extract File ./Sources/ManageGames.php 
16. Extract File ./Themes/default/arcade.js 
17. Extract File ./Themes/default/swfobject.js 
18. Extract File ./Themes/default/Arcade.template.php 
19. Extract File ./Themes/default/ArcadeMenu.template.php 
20. Extract File ./Themes/default/ArcadeAdmin.template.php 
21. Extract File ./Themes/default/ManageGames.template.php 
22. Extract File ./Themes/default/languages/Arcade.english.php 
23. Extract File ./Themes/default/languages/ArcadeAdmin.english.php 
24. Extract File ./Themes/default/languages/Arcade.english-utf8.php 
25. Extract File ./Themes/default/languages/ArcadeAdmin.english-utf8.php 
26. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/favorite.gif 
27. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/favorite2.gif 
28. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/star2.gif 
29. Extract File ./Themes/default/images/gold.gif 
30. Extract File ./ArcadeLicense.txt 
31. Extract File ./installArcade.php 
32. Extract File ./newscore.php 
33. Extract Tree ./getid3 
34. Create Tree ./Games 
35. Execute Code package_install.php 

gbsothere

Are you using a custom theme?  If so, you'll need to make edits to that theme's template.  If you're using default, attach your index.template.php file here and would you list the other mods you have installed on your site?

ETA:  Or, assuming you use default, you can retrieve your index.template.php file via ftp from your server (yourforumdirectory/Themes/default) and save it to your desktop (since it already has the edits on it for any mod that might have used it).  Upload a clean index.template.php from your 1.1.9 zip (if you still have it or you can get it here) to your sever and proceed to install the Arcade.  Then manually edit the index.template.php file you saved onto your desktop with the parsing instructions found on the mod page for index.template.php:

http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=36

and upload it to your server, in order to keep your other mods intact.

Remember, after you install the Arcade, you must enable it via Admin----> Arcade and also set permissions for your members.  You must also upload and install games.  I advise you to register at http://smfarcade.info for gamepacks to download and more in-depth advice and information.   :)

Nameless?

im using Overview theme

Advertisement: