Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbsothere

Quote from: Nameless? on August 27, 2009, 01:39:22 PM
im using Overview theme

I'm not familiar with it.  I'd go ahead and use a fresh default index.template.php from the 1.1.9 zip to install the mod and then make the manual edits to Overview's theme template. 

ETA:  I just checked and Overview does have an index.template.php.  Go ahead and install with a clean index.template.php from the 1.1.9 zip (Themes/default) and then go to the mod link:

http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=36

and use the pulldown to find the parsing instructions for 1.1.9 index.template.php.  Make those edits to Overview's index.template.php and then upload it to Themes/Overview.

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: fwitt on August 23, 2009, 07:01:22 AM
Quote from: NBK*Twitch on August 22, 2009, 06:10:33 PM
Okay I downloaded the latest beta of the arcade and have ran into a small,but annoying bug.

It seems all games display as about 200x200.

This makes some games like frogger hard to play.

Anyway to fix this?

what are the height and width values in the game settings (pick a game that is displaying this behavior and navigate to its settings, then change those two variables to more reasonable values)

I have quite alot of games... manually doing this would take forever..

gbsothere

NBK*Twitch, with RC1.2, when you click on a game in the arcade and it loads, you will see an "Edit Game" tab on the top right of the game.  Click that and then you'll see "Advanced Settings" on the bottom right. There, you can set the dimensions of the game and click "Save".

I'm not sure why all your games are 200 X 200, though.  *scratching head*  That's not happening on my test site.   ::)

ETA:   Well..... I'm assuming you have RC1.2.  I shouldn't make that assumption.   :)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

Nameless?

Allright, Thanks for the support gbsothere :D, but does this mod include the games? or do i need to install them myself?

gbsothere

Quote from: Nameless? on August 27, 2009, 04:32:31 PM
Allright, Thanks for the support gbsothere :D, but does this mod include the games? or do i need to install them myself?

Hi, again, Nameless.   :)

No, you must install the games, but finding and installing the games turns into a pretty fun hobby.

To get you started, register at http://smfarcade.info and then go to the Games link at the very top left side of the page.  There are gamepacks there that you can download and try out.  Just download one to your computer.  Then go to Admin----> Arcade-----> Games and click the Install tab.   There you can browse to the gamepack zip on your computer and click Upload.  Then just put a check by the gamepack and click Install. 

Let me know if you have any problems or questions. 

:)

AM Woody3

I'm having a problem.  I added the arcade mod.  It works great for regular users and admins.  It does not work for board moderators or any other type of user.  When they go to the arcade, it says there are no games.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

TwitchisMental

Quote from: gbsothere on August 27, 2009, 01:54:00 PM
NBK*Twitch, with RC1.2, when you click on a game in the arcade and it loads, you will see an "Edit Game" tab on the top right of the game.  Click that and then you'll see "Advanced Settings" on the bottom right. There, you can set the dimensions of the game and click "Save".

I'm not sure why all your games are 200 X 200, though.  *scratching head*  That's not happening on my test site.   ::)

ETA:   Well..... I'm assuming you have RC1.2.  I shouldn't make that assumption.   :)

Humm I do not see that option.

gbsothere

Quote from: AM Woody3 on August 30, 2009, 03:51:11 PM
I'm having a problem.  I added the arcade mod.  It works great for regular users and admins.  It does not work for board moderators or any other type of user.  When they go to the arcade, it says there are no games.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

AM, have you gone into each membergroup's permissions to check the Arcade settings?  What version SMF and SMF Arcade?

gbsothere

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on August 30, 2009, 04:08:00 PM

You can do it two different ways:

In the Arcade, you can click on a game and, when it loads, look over on the right where you see "Edit Game".

Click that and when the game's data page opens, look at the bottom of it for this:

Click "Advanced Settings" and that is where you can change the dimensions and click Save.

You can also do this by going to Admin----->Arcade------>Games----->Edit Games.  Just click on a game's title and look down at the bottom of its data page for Advanced Settings (like the pic above) and click that.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: gbsothere on August 30, 2009, 04:47:15 PM
Quote from: NBK*Twitch on August 30, 2009, 04:08:00 PM

You can do it two different ways:

In the Arcade, you can click on a game and, when it loads, look over on the right where you see "Edit Game".

Click that and when the game's data page opens, look at the bottom of it for this:

Click "Advanced Settings" and that is where you can change the dimensions and click Save.

You can also do this by going to Admin----->Arcade------>Games----->Edit Games.  Just click on a game's title and look down at the bottom of its data page for Advanced Settings (like the pic above) and click that.

I see everything,but the edit games option.

AM Woody3

Quote from: gbsothere on August 30, 2009, 04:40:57 PM
Quote from: AM Woody3 on August 30, 2009, 03:51:11 PM

AM, have you gone into each membergroup's permissions to check the Arcade settings?  What version SMF and SMF Arcade?

Yes, I've been through all that.  They all have the correct permissions.  I'm running SMF 1.1.10 and the arcade version is 2.0.18

gbsothere

Quote from: AM Woody3 on August 30, 2009, 07:15:11 PM
Yes, I've been through all that.  They all have the correct permissions.  I'm running SMF 1.1.10 and the arcade version is 2.0.18

Did you manually install Arcade or did you use the package manager?  If you used the package manager, did you get any failed tests?

ETA:

Here's a thread from SMF Arcade's support forum that may help.  Pay close attention to the first two posts (but do read the entire short thread for further information that's important.). If you installed 2.0.18 before this update was done, then you'll want this information:

http://www.smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?topic=5235.msg32747#msg32747

Nameless?

I Have got an Error while trying to Install Gamepacks:
the error is like this: Following Error Encountered: Cannot Upload Gamepack, Check your Permissions, but im Administrator, how do this get to fix?
i use SMF version: 1.1.9
Simpleportal 2.2.2
Arcade Version: 2.0.18
Theme: Overview

Please Help..

gbsothere

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on August 30, 2009, 05:09:48 PM
I see everything,but the edit games option.

NBK, here is someone else who had your issue and was able to resolve it.  This thread is from SMF Arcade's support forum:

http://www.smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?topic=4987.msg30998#msg30998

gbsothere

Quote from: Nameless? on August 31, 2009, 07:41:40 AM
I Have got an Error while trying to Install Gamepacks:
the error is like this: Following Error Encountered: Cannot Upload Gamepack, Check your Permissions, but im Administrator, how do this get to fix?
i use SMF version: 1.1.9
Simpleportal 2.2.2
Arcade Version: 2.0.18
Theme: Overview

Please Help..

If you have ftp access (or you can do this through your CP) make sure that the Games directory you installed in your forum's root has its permissions set to 777 (or 755, if your server doesn't allow 777).  Then give it another try.

:)

Nameless?

ok i thought this was the problem, thanks  ;)

Nameless?

it didnt work to Chmod to 777, :-( shows me same error

gbsothere

This is happening, not when you upload the zip, but when you try to install? 

Well, Nameless....   You shouldn't have to do this, but, for the moment, try unzipping the gamepack zip file on your computer and then manually move the gamepack folder inside it directly into the Games directory in your forum's root and try installing again.  Let's see what happens.

Nameless?

i uploaded and installed gamepack1 with no problems/errors :-/

gbsothere

Quote from: Nameless? on August 31, 2009, 09:10:24 AM
i uploaded and installed gamepack1 with no problems/errors :-/

But you had to manually unzip it and place the folder in your Games directory?

Go to Admin------> Arcade-------> Settings and look at the path to your games directory.  Does it look correct?  If there is a forward slash after Games, then remove it.  (That's important.)  If you are unsure of the correct path, download this repair_settings.php file (link below), place it in your forum's root and point your browser to it.  Click the recommended settings, Save and then remove it from your forum's root and return to your site.  Try uploading and then installing another gamepack.zip through the Arcade control panel and let's see how that works. 

Download repair_settings.php Here

Advertisement: