News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeza

If both files are identical, I think thats what you are saying, then the only conclusion is that the text was done manually into a different file.
Did you do manual edits?
Are both files identical?

LBizGrl

identical. nothing was touched in them. Never even saw the above text in any file either.
Smile! :)

It burns WAY more calories than a frown!

jeza

Would you be able to zip all your language files and pm me the link?

Chen Zhen

Quote from: LBizGrl on October 30, 2009, 05:19:03 PM
identical. nothing was touched in them. Never even saw the above text in any file either.

In the install file for the arcade, the edit for the Modifications.english file is directly below the /default/index.template.php edit.
It is possible that the install file was corrupt and shoved those variable settings inside the index file in error.

UD

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

SnowWidow

I installed the arcade without any problems this afternoon. I installed a few game packs and suddenly there is no "arcade" section in my admin panel anymore. The arcade is still working fine, but I have no access to it via the admin panel.
I can get to the packages page, but all I would really be able to do is uninstall it, which I thought to do, but when I click on it, it tells me:

Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/index.template.php     Test failed
Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test failed

Which is strange, because I didn't have that at all when I originally installed it. I haven't uninstalled it, but I can't access anything for it.

Any suggestions?

gbsothere

What version of SMF and what version of Arcade?  Are you using the Default theme, or a custom theme?

:)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

SnowWidow

duh. I always forget that part. SMF 1.1.10 and I installed the 2.0.18 arcade. I am using the Dilber Multicolor theme.

gbsothere

Can you attach a copy of your edited Subs.php and Modifications.english.php?
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

SnowWidow

as you can see from the screen shots, it's just dissapeared, but still there. I don't know how else to explain it. I remembered seeing the permissions (I changed it so guests couldn't play) and went to see if I could change that and thats when I  noticed yet another invisible area.

gbsothere

Snow, could you pull your Subs.php, ManagePermissions.php and your Modifications.english.php from your server and attach them here, so that I can take a look at the editing?   :)

SnowWidow

Here's the managepermissions, the other two are on my last post. At least I think I uploaded the correct ones.

gbsothere

Quote from: SnowWidow on October 31, 2009, 07:45:57 PM
Here's the managepermissions, the other two are on my last post. At least I think I uploaded the correct ones.

You're quite right, Snow, I was so fixated on your screen shots that I completely missed them.   :)

I'll take a look at them.

gbsothere

Snow, I did find an error in your ManagePermissions.php and I did find that your Modifications.english.php had no arcade edits, at all. Please upload the attached to your server (the ManagePermissions.php to your Sources folder and the Modifications.english.php to both your Default/Languages folder and your Dilber theme's Language folder).

Did you edit both the Dilber index.template.php and the SMF Default index.template.php, as well?

If either one (or both) was not edited (you mentioned a failed test) and you'd like me to add those edits, please attach them.

SnowWidow

I didn't do both because nobody on my forum uses the default theme and I have the "default" set to the Dilber one. I didn't get the failed test until I went to try to figure out what happened. When I installed the arcade it installed perfectly with no errors at all.

I'll upload those now and let you know if it works...

SnowWidow

It worked... thank you very much. I did notice that the Mod file had no mention of the arcade at all. Any ideas on what happened?

gbsothere

Quote from: SnowWidow on October 31, 2009, 08:06:14 PM
It worked... thank you very much. I did notice that the Mod file had no mention of the arcade at all. Any ideas on what happened?

Well, I'm assuming you installed via the package manager, since the mod shows as "Installed" in your packages' Mods list.  I would guess that the edits were placed, as they naturally would be, on the Modifications.english.php file located in Default/Languages, but they would not be added to a custom theme's language file.  That would have to be done manually.

I'm glad it's sorted for you. 

Skhilled

LBizGrl, check Modifications.english-utf8.php and see if the code is correct. It should be an exact duplicate of Modifications.english.php.

LBizGrl

Quote from: Skhilled on November 01, 2009, 03:34:31 AM
LBizGrl, check Modifications.english-utf8.php and see if the code is correct. It should be an exact duplicate of Modifications.english.php.

THANK YOU SOOOOO much Skhilled!!!! That did it! I appreciate your time! <3
Smile! :)

It burns WAY more calories than a frown!

xMichael2008x

Does anyone have new game packs, I have downloaded all 16 on the SMF-Arcade website and I am wondering if anyone here has made their own with newer games to add on.

Regards,
Michael

gbsothere

Michael, SMF Arcade has information on their main site about where to find games, including this link:

http://www.smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?topic=4787.msg29322#msg29322

Some of these sites require that you produce a screenshot (or other proof) that your site does have Arcade installed before you are allowed to download.

Advertisement: