Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Quote from: LBizGrl on November 01, 2009, 08:18:12 PM
Quote from: Skhilled on November 01, 2009, 03:34:31 AM
LBizGrl, check Modifications.english-utf8.php and see if the code is correct. It should be an exact duplicate of Modifications.english.php.

THANK YOU SOOOOO much Skhilled!!!! That did it! I appreciate your time! <3

You're welcome. :)

TheVenom

trying to get the file edits for 1.1.10 but it says not compatible?

gbsothere

You can either use this parser:

http://resourcez.biz/PackageParser/

or the parsing for 1.1.9 will work.  Those edits are the same as the .xml instructions.

:)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

TheVenom

gbsothere

If you're using a custom theme, Venom, make sure you edit those templates and language files, as well.   :)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

xMichael2008x

Quote from: gbsothere on November 01, 2009, 10:53:18 PM
Michael, SMF Arcade has information on their main site about where to find games, including this link:

http://www.smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?topic=4787.msg29322#msg29322

Some of these sites require that you produce a screenshot (or other proof) that your site does have Arcade installed before you are allowed to download.

Thank you so much for the informative replay  8)

gbsothere

Quote from: xMichael2008x on November 02, 2009, 03:14:59 PM

Thank you so much for the informative replay  8)

:D   

I hope it was.  IBP (mentioned on that link) is one of the best sources out there.   Also, Invisiongames.org. 

wonslung

I have a problem.  I've installed this package and the install seemed to work, but none of the games i've installed actually show up.  I see a quick loading bar, then an empty space.

[nofollow]

On games like duckhunt i can hear the intro music but i'm getting no video.

gbsothere

Wonslung, have a look at the wiki/faq at SMF Arcade's main site, particularly this link:

http://wiki.smfarcade.info/SMF_Arcade/FAQ#Games_do_not_show_an_image

I'm not sure if I'm completely understanding your issue but the wiki is the best place to start.

wonslung

The image for the game shows up on the list but when i try to PLAY the game, i get no video.

I can hear the audio though.  All the permissions are correct, the names are correct as well.  Like i said, i can HEAR the games but i cant' SEE them so it's something odd.

gbsothere

Quote from: wonslung on November 10, 2009, 07:02:25 PM
The image for the game shows up on the list but when i try to PLAY the game, i get no video.

I can hear the audio though.  All the permissions are correct, the names are correct as well.  Like i said, i can HEAR the games but i cant' SEE them so it's something odd.

wonslung, are these gamepack zip games from SMF Arcade or are they v32 (or tar) games? 

Also, what version of SMF, what version of Arcade and are you using a custom theme?  Is Javascript enabled?

Do the games show up if you browse directly to the .swf file?

Are you using free hosting?

N.E.Media

I've installed newest version of the Arcade on 1.1.10 with no errors.

Runs great for me!

With 5 other remote users testing - 2 say it works great and 3 report that they can't see any games or see red x's.

Of the 3, one was using IE7 and the other 2 were using latest Firefox.

They all tried refreshing and cookie replacement.

Anything I can do on my end?

Thanks!

Dan

gbsothere

N.E. Media, take a look at this link first, before trying other things, just to see if this might have something to do with it:

http://wiki.smfarcade.info/SMF_Arcade/FAQ#Some_members.2Fmembergroups_can_play_while_others_cannot.21

wonslung

Quote from: gbsothere on November 10, 2009, 08:31:52 PM
Quote from: wonslung on November 10, 2009, 07:02:25 PM

wonslung, are these gamepack zip games from SMF Arcade or are they v32 (or tar) games? 

Also, what version of SMF, what version of Arcade and are you using a custom theme?  Is Javascript enabled?

Do the games show up if you browse directly to the .swf file?

Are you using free hosting?
i tried both the gamepack zips and the single games, i get the same problem regardless.  No, this is not free hosting, this is my own server.  Java script is enabled as far as i know (i never disabled it, and the games work on OTHER sites)

smf 1.1.10
smf arcade 2.0.18

If i browse directly to the swf it works fine.

gbsothere

wonslung, I realize this may sound far-fetched but, using Duck Hunt as an example, since you're able to hear the sound but not see the game, go to Admin---> Arcade Admin---> Games and click on the game Duck Hunt.  Scroll down its settings to the game's dimensions (at the bottom where you see "Settings for flash games only").  The width for this particular game should be (typically) 550 and the height 493.  Even if you show this, erase and re-enter those numbers and save your changes, then check Duck Hunt in the arcade and see if it's visible. 

Again, I realize that this is an odd request but someone actually had this very issue.  Somehow, during installation, their game sizes were effected and resetting the sizes (even the ones that appeared normal) worked for them.  It's worth a try on at least this one game, to check.

Edit:   if this doesn't work, then check to make sure that the internal name of the game (follow the same path above to check) matches the name of the .swf file exactly but without the .swf extension.  If the internal name is altered, the image won't show.  (This is the first name on the game's editing page.  The regular "Name" can be changed.)

Failing getting it to work after that, go to Arcade Admin---> Settings and make sure that the path to your games ends with Games (a capital G) and no ending slash after Games.

wonslung

I'll try it but none of the games work.

i deleted all the game packs, and loaded games one by one...still nothing
asteroids didn't work....last one i tried.

I'll check again thouhg.

Edit:

man, i feel stupid.
All games are loading in with sizes of 0 0

thanks!

gbsothere

I'm sorry that's happening, wonslung, and it seems to depend on some servers.  It's not common but it does happen.

I'm glad it's working for you, now, though.   :)

wonslung

yah, i'm having another issue now,

Some of my games won't save scores...i get this strange message from time to time saying it can't save my score due to session being closed...though other times it seems fine.

I Checked the wiki....and it says to make sure that your Games directory doesn't have a trailing /
i'm not sure how to fix this...

when i go to myhost/Games
it takes me to myhost/Games/ with the trailing slash, and shows the dir listing....

Chen Zhen

Quote from: wonslung on November 12, 2009, 02:19:02 PM
yah, i'm having another issue now,

Some of my games won't save scores...i get this strange message from time to time saying it can't save my score due to session being closed...though other times it seems fine.

I Checked the wiki....and it says to make sure that your Games directory doesn't have a trailing /
i'm not sure how to fix this...

when i go to myhost/Games
it takes me to myhost/Games/ with the trailing slash, and shows the dir listing....

Actually, for saving scores the url would have an 'index.php?' heading...

ie. This example is a game trying to save as ipb32:

http://YOUR_SITE/index.php?autocom=arcade&amp;do=savescore 

I am thinking you are receiving an error message due to having the wrong save type set for certain games.

To figure out the proper setting - simply do the following:

- Make sure error logging is turned on
- Try to save a score for the game that fails to save
- Navigate to Admin / Maintenance / Logs / Error Log / database

Within the first few lines of error codes that are displayed you should see where the game tried to save and the smf log will tell you which one it 'should' have been.
Now edit the game and change the save type appropriately.

You could also use trial and error if you wish. Most games are smf 1, ipb or ipb 3.2

UD

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

gbsothere

@wonslung

It may take what Underdog has suggested but to answer your question about the Games path, just go to Admin---> Admin Arcade---> Settings and check "Path to games directory".  Check the end of that path (and also the URL) and if you see an end slash after Games, remove it and save your changes.

Advertisement: