News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbsothere

Quote from: quiteperplexed on December 02, 2009, 08:36:01 AM
yeah I thought it would be a typo.  I checked on my old arcade and there was always a trailing backslash but either way the games won't save scores.  I've only got games from SMF arcade (minesweeper included with arcade doesn't work at all btw) and games from IPB.  I could never use version 3 games previously I don't have any of those, and I've tried every setting in the arcade, and they still won't save scores.

off-topic:

QuoteIt has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.
I wonder what effect Stuck in the Middle with You has? lol

"Stuck In The Middle" might make me pull out a gun.   :D

I've not tested on RC2, yet.  I need to upgrade my test site from RC1_2.  Did you see this addition to the FAQ?

8. FOR SMF 2.x/Arcade 2.5.x ONLY! Checkthat the Submit System is correctly set for the type of games you haveinstalled. Remember, that this is a game's individual setting. To findthis setting, go to: Admin -> Arcade -> Games -> Edit Games-> (choose the game in question) -> Advanced Settings ->Submit System.
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

gbsothere

Hmmm....  well, there's the suggestion below, but it sounds as if you've pretty well covered everything in the FAQ.

Look in your Server Settings and see if you URL has a "www." Whether itdoes or not, the Arcade URL must match it. If it does match it but scores will not save either add it or remove it from both places. This depends on the server for which one will work best for your forum and arcade.

If that doesn't sort it, you may want to post over at http://smfarcade.info on the 2.0 board, just because the latest version is still being tested and someone may also have reported this issue (although I haven't found a recent post about it).  Sometimes, you receive a quicker solution there, simply because the staff is present there more frequently.

:)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

perplexed

I've tried everything honestly but thanks for your help.  I was on the arcade site the other day searching for a solution but I didn't post my own problem yet since it's not urgent as it's not on my live forums yet, just the test site.  However, once the upgrade is done on the live forums those pesky members are going to be asking for their arcade lol

LC

Running 2 RC2 Curve

Getting this error -

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/ladychaos/site/Sources/Subs-ArcadeAdmin.php on line 943

Haven't touched anything in that file, fresh from download.

Attached the file I have.

Edit: I removed this code from the Error line from the parse.

// Try to remove destination if it exists (usually it's same so skip if fails)
if (file_exists($to . '/' . $fileFrom) && !unlink($to . '/' . $fileFrom);)
continue;

And now it seems to work properly. I doubt it's a good thing to not have that in there though.

perplexed

Ladychaos, it's not that whole piece of code you need to remove, it's only the ";" from between the two ")" right at the very end of that second line.  See where it says

$fileFrom)     that should be $fileFrom))

So I would put that section of code back into the file and just remove the ";" from that line, and it will work fine.  :)  There's an explanation a few pages back too if you want to check.

musicman8oh8

"still getting the "main file missing" in red?"

I'm getting this very same error and the games are not being displayed although in the arcade in "text" it says you have a certain number of games to play?! Any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.
"Providing World Class Entertainment"
http://dangerousmindz.com/forum

gbsothere

Quote from: musicman8oh8 on December 03, 2009, 11:07:13 AM

I'm getting this very same error and the games are not being displayed although in the arcade in "text" it says you have a certain number of games to play?! Any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

musicman, what version of SMF and what version of the arcade are you using?

Do you have a custom theme and was the arcade installed through the package manager or manually?

musicman8oh8

Quote from: gbsothere on December 03, 2009, 11:58:36 AM
Quote from: musicman8oh8 on December 03, 2009, 11:07:13 AM

I'm using SMF 2.0 RC2 with the default Curve Theme and SMF Arcade 2.5 RC1. As I don't really like "touching"  the forum for anything other than logging in lol I just used the package manager.

musicman, what version of SMF and what version of the arcade are you using?

Do you have a custom theme and was the arcade installed through the package manager or manually?

gbsothere

Quote from: musicman8oh8 on December 03, 2009, 06:06:26 PM

I'm using SMF 2.0 RC2 with the default Curve Theme and SMF Arcade 2.5 RC1. As I don't really like "touching"  the forum for anything other than logging in lol I just used the package manager.

Hmm... I need to upgrade my RC1.2 test forum to RC2; I should have done that by now.  *S*  But this is what I'm wondering.  When RC1.1 and then RC1.2 came along, there was an issue with the package manager not properly coding SMF files, dropping zip contents, etc.  A lot of things were going on.  I wonder, if you use the parsing instructions in the .xml file and check each SMF file for the correct edits, if you might actually find that something is amiss there?  Also, you may want to see if the package manager really did place Arcade's Source, Theme and Language files (included in the zip) where they need to go.  When I tested Arcade on RC1.1 and .2, I had a hell of a time achieving a successful installation.  I had to go in manually and, sure enough, things had to be tidied up.

LC

Quote from: quiteperplexed on December 03, 2009, 06:17:47 AM
Ladychaos, it's not that whole piece of code you need to remove, it's only the ";" from between the two ")" right at the very end of that second line.  See where it says

So I would put that section of code back into the file and just remove the ";" from that line, and it will work fine.  :)  There's an explanation a few pages back too if you want to check.
Oh I must have missed that post. Thank you for helping me. :)

musicman8oh8

Quote from: gbsothere on December 03, 2009, 06:58:48 PM
Quote from: musicman8oh8 on December 03, 2009, 06:06:26 PM

I was afraid of that word "manually".... that is over my head so I guess I'm stuck until I can have someone look @ it.... damn, damn, damn.... lol

Hmm... I need to upgrade my RC1.2 test forum to RC2; I should have done that by now.  *S*  But this is what I'm wondering.  When RC1.1 and then RC1.2 came along, there was an issue with the package manager not properly coding SMF files, dropping zip contents, etc.  A lot of things were going on.  I wonder, if you use the parsing instructions in the .xml file and check each SMF file for the correct edits, if you might actually find that something is amiss there?  Also, you may want to see if the package manager really did place Arcade's Source, Theme and Language files (included in the zip) where they need to go.  When I tested Arcade on RC1.1 and .2, I had a hell of a time achieving a successful installation.  I had to go in manually and, sure enough, things had to be tidied up.

Chen Zhen

Quote from: quiteperplexed on December 02, 2009, 12:34:25 PM
I've tried everything honestly but thanks for your help.  I was on the arcade site the other day searching for a solution but I didn't post my own problem yet since it's not urgent as it's not on my live forums yet, just the test site.  However, once the upgrade is done on the live forums those pesky members are going to be asking for their arcade lol

Just to clarify... How is your test forum set up? Is it a sub-directory on your current forum or is it locally on your pc?
Anyhow.. double-check the directory settings from Admin / Arcade / General / Settings ...
Look at : URL to games and Path to games directory ...
make sure they are set properly.

Local installations sometimes set file destinations without slashes and have to be manually edited to reflect proper values.

Next, edit any game in question.. go to advanced settings.. make sure the internal,  directory and gamefile name all have the same common name. (gamefile name has .swf at end).

UD

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

perplexed

thanks but I've already done all that stuff, been using the arcade for years and can usually get it working but this time I'm stumped.  It's not a local installation, it on my server.  I can get the E-Arcade to play games and save scores but not this one.  I can wait for a non-RC version and try again, it's not urgent for me just a little frustrating. :)

MATTEK

How do I upload games?
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

gbsothere

Quote from: MATTEK on December 06, 2009, 07:12:51 PM
How do I upload games?

Which version is your SMF forum and are you unable to upload through the Arcade admin panel?

PalmBeachPreps

I'm getting an error when I attempt to upload/install games:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/content/p/a/l/palmbeachpreps/html/Sources/Subs-ArcadeAdmin.php on line 943

perplexed

Quote from: PalmBeachPreps on December 06, 2009, 08:39:54 PM
I'm getting an error when I attempt to upload/install games:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/content/p/a/l/palmbeachpreps/html/Sources/Subs-ArcadeAdmin.php on line 943

a few posts up and a few pages back you will find your answer

Quote from: quiteperplexed on December 03, 2009, 06:17:47 AM

GSM-S

How do I install this mod? I have uploaded everything, read the instructions for SMF version 2.0 RC2, and modified the files as directed until the part: "Code" in the instructions. (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse)

PalmBeachPreps

Quote from: quiteperplexed on December 07, 2009, 04:55:52 AM
a few posts up and a few pages back you will find your answer
Thanks!

Have you figured out how to save scores yet?  I too tried everything in the wiki!

EDIT:  I have been able to save scores on some games.

Advertisement: