Main Menu

SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MATTEK

Quote from: gbsothere on December 06, 2009, 07:16:23 PM
Quote from: MATTEK on December 06, 2009, 07:12:51 PM
How do I upload games?

Which version is your SMF forum and are you unable to upload through the Arcade admin panel?

SMF2 RC2. It gfives me an error when I click the upload tab in the CP. I've posted the error before with no reply.
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

gbsothere

Quote from: MATTEK on December 07, 2009, 11:21:14 PM
SMF2 RC2. It gfives me an error when I click the upload tab in the CP. I've posted the error before with no reply.

MATTEK, if this post doesn't help you:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=29619.msg2393845#msg2393845

then you can try installing games manually.

To do this, first make sure that you have the directory "Games" (capital G) in your forum's root (and I'm sure you have).  Then you also want to be sure you have the directory "arcade" (spelled with a small letter a") in your forum's root as well, and inside that "arcade" directory there needs to be a directory "gamedata" (small letter "g").

If you are installing a v2 game (a game that is from a .zip and not a .tar file, that does not have a "gamedata" folder) simply unzip the game and drag its game folder found inside into your Games directory. 

If, however, you are installing a v32 game (or a game from a .tar file that has a gamedata folder inside) you want to do two things:  open the .tar file and then open the game's folder.  Inside the game's folder you will see a "gamedata" folder.  Open this.  You want to drag what is inside into the "gamedata" directory that is found in the "arcade" directory in your forum's root.  (Not into the "arcade" directory, itself, but into arcade's "gamedata" folder.)  Then you want to navigate back to the entire game folder that is found inside the .tar file on your computer (just back out of the gamedata folder, all the way to the first folder found in the .tar file) and drag that entire game folder (with everything in it) into the "Games" directory that is in your forum's root.

After doing this, when you go to your Arcade Admin and to Install Games, you will see the game you just manually uploaded listed.  Check the box next to it and click to install.

It's a bit of a hassle but it will at least get a game installed for you so that you can continue to see how your arcade operates.
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

dkharp

Hello, I am not for sure why I am getting this error. Any Ideas?

QuoteFatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/j/o/h/johnnyskid/html/Packages/temp/arcadeinstall/Database.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/j/o/h/johnnyskid/html/Sources/Packages.php on line 944

gbsothere

Quote from: dkharp on December 10, 2009, 08:03:08 AM
Hello, I am not for sure why I am getting this error. Any Ideas?

QuoteFatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/j/o/h/johnnyskid/html/Packages/temp/arcadeinstall/Database.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/j/o/h/johnnyskid/html/Sources/Packages.php on line 944

Look in /Packages and see if you have a directory "temp".  If you don't, create it (small letter "t"....  temp) and give it proper permissions, either 777 or whatever your host allows, and try the installation again.

:)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

dkharp

dkharp

I have changed it to 777 and still I get this.

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/j/o/h/johnnyskid/html/Packages/temp/arcadeinstall/Database.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/j/o/h/johnnyskid/html/Sources/Packages.php on line 944

gbsothere

It may also be that your host doesn't support 777, in which case, you'd need to ask them about permissions.

What version SMF and what version Arcade are you using?

dkharp

In my error logs it says this.

Quote: require(/home/content/j/o/h/johnnyskid/html/Packages/temp/arcadeinstall/Database.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

gbsothere

Quote from: dkharp on December 10, 2009, 10:11:35 AM
In my error logs it says this.

Quote: require(/home/content/j/o/h/johnnyskid/html/Packages/temp/arcadeinstall/Database.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Which version of SMF and Arcade?

gbsothere

@ dkharp

Sorry, I have to take off for now, but let me just leave you with this in case you are still having problems.  If you are using SMF 2, the package manager can be the culprit for all sorts of installation issues.

This is what I would do.  First, just in case you didn't do this correctly, open your Packages directory found in your forum's root and inside that, create a new directory and name it temp.  Set its permissions to 777 (or try 755, if your host doesn't support 777).  Try the installation again.  If this doesn't work, then open the Arcade zip and look for a directory called "arcadeinstall".  Drag this into your "temp" directory and try the installation, again.

If you still get the error, try checking your paths to make sure they're all correct.

Good luck to you!

dkharp

Thank you for that advice. I did just that and get new errors.  Do you offer paid support so I can get this installed?  I think when I uninstalled it and added e-arcade then uninstalled e-arcade and since then it wont work.  I contacted my hosting provide and made sure they are set to 777

gbsothere

@ dkharp

I'm leaving today to go out of town and I don't think I'll be back until Monday but I'll probably take my laptop with me.  I won't charge for it and I'm glad to try to help; it's just that it may take a few days because of the trip.

If you want to set up a temporary admin account for your site and PM me the log in details, along with your ftp/database acess,  I'll see what I can do.

I like to ask, though, that everyone takes a look at this link before providing sensitive personal information about their forum's access:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=87130.msg575795#msg575795

If you're uncomfortable doing that, I'd like to suggest that you register at http://smfarcade.info and post your issue there.  Skhilled, Jeza and the rest of the staff are extremely knowledgeable and always ready to help.

spiritualbeginnings

Hi wonder if anyone could please help we have installed SMF arcade games on my forum
But the scores are not registering, what have i missed out on the installs?
any help would be appreciated thanks.

dkharp

No, what you do is click on the game in admin panel and and at the bottom of the game go to advance settings. set it to the older version of games.

dkharp

gbsothere

Thank you kindly for all your help and responses. I do hope you have a great trip and a wonderful Merry Christmas!  The issue was the arcade java in the core theme. When I removed smf Aracde and installed e-aracde guess the settings were diffrent. I also just ftp'd the upgrade files over again and all is good.

take care 

gbsothere

Quote from: dkharp on December 11, 2009, 12:51:47 PM
gbsothere

Thank you kindly for all your help and responses. I do hope you have a great trip and a wonderful Merry Christmas!  The issue was the arcade java in the core theme. When I removed smf Aracde and installed e-aracde guess the settings were diffrent. I also just ftp'd the upgrade files over again and all is good.

take care

Oh, glad to hear it, dkharp!  I was just checking in before I hit the road and I'm glad to see you got it sorted. 

Have a great Christmas.   :)

gfa-skyranger

The Question is,
Where to get Games for that mod ?

I wont read 210 Pages to get that info, Put it into the 1st post of this Theme, if anyone has an Answer.
So other Ones can get that Info.

THX, regards, SkyRanger
[nofollow]

dkharp

WOW! Sometimes reading is the best way to learn. I may be wrong.

http://askusaquestion.net

http://sleepy-arcade.ath.cx/sleepy/index.php

With sleepy arcade you have to take the files out of the tar and put them in a zip folder to work.

To do this use this. http://36thid.info/MGalleryItem.php?id=216

GohighVoltage

I installed in SMF 2.0 RC2  and when I go to admin arcade settings I get error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /html/forum/Sources/Subs-ArcadeAdmin.php on line 943

dkharp

Been down this road.

http://www.smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?topic=6638.0

That should help..

uninstall smf arcade and re-install this one. http://download.smfarcade.info/ 
Quotethe Arcade 2.5 RC1 Public version

Advertisement: