SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

Quote from: Zidane5555 on December 26, 2009, 08:16:02 PM
Alright perfect, What fwitt posted worked :) So thanks to both fwitt and 01_Underdog

Good news is : the arcade button shows up perfectly and is not corrupted like before :)

Bad news: BUT, when I click on the Arcade button, it says "You are not allowed to access arcade. "

EDIT: Forget that, since I just went and changed the permissions and now I am able to access it :)

Thanks for the help everyone. Again I am so noob at this so NOW that I have my arcade set up and everything, how do I install games step by step?

glad to hear you got it working.

To install games... all necessary game files must be stored in a zip folder.

Admin / Arcade / Games / Upload

... upload the zipped game folder to your directory.

now go to:

Admin / Arcade / Games / Install

Install the file you uploaded. You may have to use the Install a few times on the same game folder. When it disappears from the install list then it is done correctly.

Game packs for many of the older games are available on the SMF Arcade main site.  Tweaks (hacks) are also available there.
Some newer ones are also available on other sites that allow downloading such as mine.

UD

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Zidane5555

Perfect Thanks a lot for your help.

Sakurachan

Quote from: gbsothere on December 26, 2009, 09:18:16 PM
Quote from: Sakurachan on December 26, 2009, 09:14:55 PM
I just think it's a little funny how it does this whenever the other mods I have work fine and haven't gave me any errors of that kind.

Very odd, yes.  Barring some sort of server thing, though, I can't think why you're getting the error.  It may be that even though you're setting the permissions, they aren't literally being changed (it may require chown, instead of chmod).  You may want to give your server a call to see if you still have ownership of all those directories and files.  (Now, I'm just stabbing, being a bit bleary.  I've had a bit of Scotch.)  *grin*  Someone a bit fresher will hopefully come along and shed some light on this for you.

It's on shared hosting as the forum hasn't been done yet atm. It seems to install other mods fine..weird..

Seems they had another client have the same issue and they're looking into it.

Chen Zhen

Quote from: Sakurachan on December 27, 2009, 01:01:18 AM
It's on shared hosting as the forum hasn't been done yet atm. It seems to install other mods fine..weird..

Hmm... I haven't read your other posts concerning this issue but I would like to know if you tried adjusting the permissions for each user group via Modify as opposed to Select a Permission ?

I have found that for some mods (including one I made myself) did not set properly when I used the latter.

UD

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Sakurachan

Quote from: 01_Underdog on December 27, 2009, 04:07:07 PM
Quote from: Sakurachan on December 27, 2009, 01:01:18 AM

Hmm... I haven't read your other posts concerning this issue but I would like to know if you tried adjusting the permissions for each user group via Modify as opposed to Select a Permission ?

I have found that for some mods (including one I made myself) did not set properly when I used the latter.

UD

It was working..

but

I got everything installed and it looks like it is working properly. There were a couple of issues and it actually ended up being an issue with the SMF code rather than something I was  doing or something with the server I'm on

But now how can I make a new tab for people to click on?

gbsothere

Are you using a custom theme?  If so, you'll need to place the edits in that theme's index.template.php and upload that to your custom theme's directory.
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Sakurachan

Yeah, I'm not using SMFs default theme..so just copy and paste whats from that into my custom theme?

gbsothere

Quote from: Sakurachan on December 27, 2009, 08:34:48 PM
Yeah, I'm not using SMFs default theme..so just copy and paste whats from that into my custom theme?

The parsing instructions (1.1.9) for version 2.0.18 on this mod's page.  If you like, though, just attach your custom theme's index.template.php here on your next post and I'll make the edits for you. 
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

Sakurachan

Alright here it is.

gbsothere

Try this and let me know?

(file removed)

gbsothere

Sakurachan, I'm just going to leave this note for you, since I'll have to take off, soon.

To install games for your arcade, you can register at http://smfarcade.info and download their gamepack zips.  They can be installed by going to your arcade admin, to Install, then by scrolling down to the bottom, browsing to your zip, uploading it, then clicking "Install". 

If you want V32 games (or .tar games) let me suggest this link for you:

http://www.smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?topic=4033.msg24594#msg24594

Jeza has created a great "tar uploader" that will allow you to upload those types of games and install them without having to manually create gamedata folders, etc.

Also, while you're there, check out this link:

http://www.smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?topic=4217.msg25933#msg25933

Another of Jeza's inspirations, a great skin that makes your arcade look amazing.  Lots of nice features.  There's a couple of demos on this link's page that you can check out.  (As always, any custom theme's templates will have to be edited.)

Don't forget that you must enable the arcade in the arcade admin's settings and that you must go to permissions to set individual groups' abilities to use the arcade.  If you set the arcade's permission mode (arcade settings) to "None", the arcade will use your board's permissions as you have them set for your members.

Let me know if you experienced any issues with the index.template.php.  I'll check back by, or someone else will be glad to help.   :)

Sakurachan

It's working fine now, thanks.. I am going to add games now. Might wanna remove my index.template.php file please

gbsothere

Quote from: Sakurachan on December 27, 2009, 09:34:23 PM
It's working fine now, thanks.. I am going to add games now. Might wanna remove my index.template.php file please

Just looking in before I log off for the night.  I'm glad you have it working.   :)

Your file is removed.  Make yourself at home at Arcade's main site.  The guys there are great; you'll learn a lot. 

Goodnight.

KensonPlays

Whenever I try to install it, I always get a "500 Internal Server Error". I use godaddy linux middle level hosting...

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Bigguy

Are all your file permissions and ownership correct. ??? I would ask my host.

KensonPlays

yes, everything is 775

(I can read, write, and execute, as well as my "group" and public can read and execute)

EDIT:
Redoing CHMOD to make sure of it...

EDIT 2:
DONE!

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Bigguy

So you have checked ownership of files and folders as well. ???

BCK

hi..ive just installed arcade,,no errors..all went well...to 1.1.11 arcade says installed fine no errors...is there suppose to be a button now???to access it..its enabled???havent loaded any games yet???

UPDATE..installed a cpl games,,no button or anything that shows on site to access arcade???perms set???for members..as admin i see nothing??

gbsothere

Quote from: BCK on January 14, 2010, 10:16:58 AM
hi..ive just installed arcade,,no errors..all went well...to 1.1.11 arcade says installed fine no errors...is there suppose to be a button now???to access it..its enabled???havent loaded any games yet???

UPDATE..installed a cpl games,,no button or anything that shows on site to access arcade???perms set???for members..as admin i see nothing??

If you are using a custom theme, the index.template.php for that theme must have Arcade's manual edits placed.  Look on the mod's page, for version 2.0.18 and use the parsing instructions for 1.1.9 (they are the same as they would be for 1.1.11).  If you are not using a custom theme, please attach your default theme's index.template.php here and I'll take a look at it.

:)

BCK

i am using default no custom theme...it seemed to install fine..i have arcade in admin...uploaded cpl games..said installed also..havent recieved any errors so far,,but no way to actually get to arcade??no button,,nothing???so cant actually test anything???

Advertisement: