SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lc62003

Have you been here?

http://games.smfarcade.info/

Also, just wondering if there will be RC3 support for this mod!   8)

gbsothere

Quote from: Blah blah on March 09, 2010, 10:02:53 PM
Hello, Im wondering if there are sites with FREE games to  download and add to my site. Im so tired of these places trying to charge for these little flash games.

http://smfarcade.info has a listing of game sites.  A particular favorite of mine is http://www.ibpdownloads.com.  You do have to register and you must show proof that your site has the arcade installed (screenshot).  Until you do this, your account is locked, but after that, the games are free and they have a nice selection. 

:)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Blah blah

waruna

Hye guys. I got an error occured:

"Score was not saved because session is missing"

How to solve this? :( Thanks in advance. :)

I'm using SMF2.0 RC2
Trust of Lust

Skhilled

Quote from: farao25 on February 11, 2010, 01:09:49 AM
Hello friends !!!
I 've installed SMF Arcade 2.5 RC1 and firstly all were working fine.But it seems when i put in General - Settings -
Url to games : http://download.smfarcade.info/ everything stop working.When i click a game it doesn't open.
Therefore i was wondering what is the default "General - Settings -
Url to games :" and what should i check in  Permissions to allow everyone to play exept guests ?
"URL to Games:" should have you site's URL in it.

Quote from: zx71 on February 11, 2010, 01:20:01 AM
so can i help some help with my problem? (all games showing really small)
Not sure why your games are still showing small. What browser are you using? Have you tried using a different one for comparison?

Skhilled

Quote from: waruna on March 10, 2010, 01:28:08 PM
Hye guys. I got an error occured:

"Score was not saved because session is missing"

How to solve this? :( Thanks in advance. :)

I'm using SMF2.0 RC2
Run Arcade Maintenance : Update Cache and scores and see if that helps. Also, try these 2:

http://www.smfarcade.info/forum/index.php?topic=4162.0

http://www.smfarcade.info/wiki/SMF_Arcade/FAQ#Scores_do_not_save

Quote from: smp420 on March 11, 2010, 11:08:06 PM
Getting this error
Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'ifnull'
File: /home/lazerdms/public_html/Sources/ArcadeList.php
Line: 168

on a site not using utf8
This is because you have mixed collations in your database. Some of the tables are general and others are unicode. You'll need to go into phpmyadmin and change them to whatever the default is for your server.

The UTF8 for your database is not the same as the one on your forum but it does use it.

Glowbot

Hi, just wondering, I get these errors

Quote8: Undefined variable: first
File: /home/alist/public_html/Themes/default/ArcadeMenu.template.php (main_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 668

Quote8: Undefined variable: last
File: /home/alist/public_html/Themes/default/ArcadeMenu.template.php (main_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 671

and no icons load.

How do I fix these please? I downloaded SMF_Arcade_2.0.18.

Skhilled

Quote from: Glowbot on March 13, 2010, 06:44:21 AM
Hi, just wondering, I get these errors

Quote8: Undefined variable: first
Line: 668

Quote8: Undefined variable: last
Line: 671

and no icons load.

How do I fix these please? I downloaded SMF_Arcade_2.0.18.
I have never seen those errors before. I can only assume that the mod was not installed correctly and some code is missing OR there is a conflict with another mod. You can find out what the "(main_above sub template - eval?)" means by doing this:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=290186.0

Quote from: smp420 on March 13, 2010, 02:02:10 PM
Quote from: Blah blah on March 09, 2010, 10:02:53 PM
Hello, Im wondering if there are sites with FREE games to  download and add to my site. Im so tired of these places trying to charge for these little flash games.
I don't know these work on this mod because I use avarcade for my site (I have 1200+ games) but I use http://www.mochimedia.com/ for my games
There is a hack in the Hacks board that will allow you to play Mochi games with SMF Arcade.

Blah blah

I cant get games to submit scores that have a "gamedata" folder??? If they dont they work just fine

rider

Quote from: Blah blah on March 13, 2010, 04:04:47 PM
I cant get games to submit scores that have a "gamedata" folder??? If they dont they work just fine
This what u need to do for them to work.........Some games you get from around the internet have a gamedata folder with them.The gamedata folder contains files that are needed for the game you just downloaded to work in your arcade.What you need to do is via FTP you need to create a folder in your fourm directory called arcade,inside of that folder you need to create another folder called gamedata.
Once you've done that then you need to take the gamedata folder that came with the game and copy it to your newly created gamesdata folder in your FTP.When you're done the path to the directory wil be yourforumdirectory>arcade>gamedata

Blah blah

Thanks  :) that other guy that responded was SPAM

Chen Zhen

I deleted my previous message because I realize you use smf 2 rc1.2.

The above post is correct regarding having to place the gamedata folder contents in the appropriate location.
arcade / gamedata / GAME_NAME (folder containing gamedata files)
The other folder with the GAME_NAME located in your Games folder should contain the swf, gif(s) and php files.

The arcade should be installing these correctly though. Manual install this way is usually only necessary for large file sized games.

Also make sure that after putting the files in the appropriate location the game type is set at v3.2 (Edit - Advanced options).

UD

Spam?

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Blah blah

Im sorry I though your post got deleted for giving links out to your site. I apologize

Thanks for the help guys

Chen Zhen

Quote from: Blah blah on March 13, 2010, 06:05:51 PM
Im sorry I though your post got deleted for giving links out to your site. I apologize

Thanks for the help guys

No - I gave you a link because you asked where to download games.

I deleted the post myself because after logging on your site I realized you are using smf arcade 2.5 and the solution I posted before was for smf arcade 2.0.1.8

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Blah blah

I cant find where to "change theappropriate location the game type is set at v3.2 (Edit - Advanced options)."

Blah blah

Never mind I found it

leonardus

sorry... i miss some images

arcade_play.gif

arcade_viewscore.gif

and the other menu for my italian language...

can you help me?

where i can found it?

thx.

GohighVoltage

Is there an update for RC3?

Skhilled

Quote from: leonardus on March 20, 2010, 07:26:05 AM
sorry... i miss some images

arcade_play.gif

arcade_viewscore.gif

and the other menu for my italian language...

can you help me?

where i can found it?

thx.

The images should be in the zip that you downloaded. What other menu are you talking about?

Quote from: GohighVoltage on March 20, 2010, 10:03:23 AM
Is there an update for RC3?

Yes, at smfarcade.

GohighVoltage

Advertisement: